Need help installing Eternal

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.

Post Jul 19th '11, 14:12

I have Aelph-One, you see, and everytime I try to install Eternal (Version 1.03), it says that there's 'already a file with the name you specified. Please rename it.' However, it won't let me rename the files, and if I try to skip it, it won't extract crucial data. There's some weird '3 file' in the folder, but I don't know its purpose. Anyone care to help?
Durandal117

Post Jul 19th '11, 16:37

Approved your account. Welcome to the Pfhorums!

Switch
NYC

Post Jul 19th '11, 16:54

Switch wrote:Approved your account. Welcome to the Pfhorums!

That...doesn't really help me.
Durandal117

Post Jul 19th '11, 17:00

Try explaining in detail what operating system you are running, what exact steps you tried, maybe a screenshot of the error message so we're not trying to guess what you did. Nobody can help unless they know what your setup is.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 19th '11, 17:12

Durandal117 wrote:That...doesn't really help me.

Try getting help when nobody can see your posts.

Switch
NYC

Post Jul 19th '11, 17:48

Treellama wrote:Try explaining in detail what operating system you are running, what exact steps you tried, maybe a screenshot of the error message so we're not trying to guess what you did. Nobody can help unless they know what your setup is.

1. I use windows 7.
2. I tried extracting the contents normally, deleting the '3 file' (it kept reappearing), copy-pasting the data folder (didn't work), running Alephone WITHIN the .zip (dumbass idea)...then I decided to ask for help.
3. I don't have screenshot tools.
Durandal117

Post Jul 19th '11, 18:38

This is the error I get. If I click 'skip', the data isn't extracted out of the .zip.
Durandal117

Post Jul 19th '11, 18:52

Extract it to a different folder name, just like the dialog box says to do.

This isn't a Marathon question this is a basic "how do I use my computer" question. There are probably better forums around for that sort of thing.
Last edited by treellama on Jul 19th '11, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 19th '11, 19:02

Something tells me you are not doing something right.

Maybe you should try extracting ALL the files in the zip elsewhere, and download a separate version of aleph one, and either; A, Place the entire contents of the aleph package in the Eternal UNzipped folder, and click 'yes to all' when ever it prompts, or B, or drag the maps, shapes, images, sounds, and physics files, ect, that you find in the eternal UNZIPPED folder to the UNZIPPED aleph one folder.

It is simple, but i can understand how you could be confused. hope this helps ;)
Marathon D.R.E.A.M. copyright � 2008-2011- Is a future and ongoing SECRET project by Yours truly and Jjarandal productions � 2011- :
most patents pending and accepted. any and all material conceived by ME is property of me and gives no one a right to lay claim to my imagined stuff

***INCOMING MESSAGE***
Check out my blog, I've developed a little game pfhor you to play...

>> http://thedurpartment.blogspot.com/ <<

***END MESSAGE***
???Durandal???

Post Jul 19th '11, 19:23

Durandal347 wrote:Something tells me you are not doing something right.

Maybe you should try extracting ALL the files in the zip elsewhere, and download a separate version of aleph one, and either; A, Place the entire contents of the aleph package in the Eternal UNzipped folder, and click 'yes to all' when ever it prompts, or B, or drag the maps, shapes, images, sounds, and physics files, ect, that you find in the eternal UNZIPPED folder to the UNZIPPED aleph one folder.

It is simple, but i can understand how you could be confused. hope this helps ;)

Three people have registered with the name Durandal, followed by a three-digit number. The first two, I will denote by d117 and d347. 117 * 3 = 351. 351 - 347 = 4. 4 + sum(DurandalXXX members) = 4 + 3 = 7. The third member, d819 registered in 2007. I would surmise there is a further connection I have yet to determine. Why are the numbers decreasing, and [what happened?] in 2010 and 2009, such that no Durandal members registered in those years.

Is there a connection to 2027?

Image Image

interion

Post Jul 19th '11, 20:03

@Tim: Lol, no. I only chose the username Durandal117 because I didn't think anyone else had used it.
Anyways, I've solved my problem. Requesting that the topic be locked.
Durandal117

Post Jul 19th '11, 21:48

Requesting that the topic be loched.

[attachment=4923:allmysphtkr.jpg]
Attachments
allmysphtkr.jpg
allmysphtkr.jpg (62.52 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
patrick
末法

Return to Marathon Discussion