extermination?

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Nov 12th '06, 06:34

ive got a level, and some monsters that act like inatamite objects... and some of those monster objects must be destroyed (like in that M1 level before rebelion).

and the level is extermination, and for some reason, before I even kill everyone (everything), the terminal with the finished tag goes straight to finished!

so, my main question is, what specifies a finished task with the extermination option on? Is it the type of monsters, class?
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Nov 12th '06, 09:20

marathon is a little lienient on extermination (and rescue) it has some percentage of living aliens vs the original number that will allow you to progress "early." While i don't remember what that is i'll bet someone here does. Your solution will have to be putting a number of monsters that makes up that percentage in an unreachable room, forcing the player to truly complete the mission.

sorry for the incomplete answer but i figured this will help you along in your pinch, and when someone posts the number you can perfect it, if not theres always trial and error :)

if it's the latter maybe build a test level where you have a switch crushing a room of weak aliens to at least speed up he process.

screamingfool

Post Nov 13th '06, 02:38

That's not right! According to some old Story Forums post I dug up (made by our good friend Treellama), the sum of NPCs (enemies and friends alike) that can be left alive is 8 in a non-Rebellion level, and 0 in a Rebellion level.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 13th '06, 03:55

cool! thanks, ill try and work with that information
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera