Berserker?

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Jan 15th '07, 14:56

What exactly does 'berserker' mean in anvil? Im aware the fighters have been flagged with it but I cant figure out what it is for.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jan 15th '07, 15:25

Berserker means that when the unit is close to death, he fights more powerfully and against anyone near him.
John Drake
The world's retirement home. (Florida)

Post Jan 15th '07, 16:33

That's not specifically accurate.

When a monster is nearly dead (I think less than 20% health?), it starts moving faster and attacking more quickly. However, it's also prone to attacking its allies more quickly. If someone else shoots it, it will run off to kill that guy instead of you. Furthermore, if it can't see you, it'll just run off and shoot someone it can see. Very useful.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 15th '07, 18:27

Berzerker:
(Activates when aliens get low health)

Pros:
increase is speed (move faster)
decrease in attack frequency (attack faster)

Cons:
They lose all friends (If they get hit by their friends, they'll kill them, or die trying)
They gain all enemies (If they lose their enemies, they'll start new fights with their friends)

I like to uncheck berzerk from troopers and fighters. I don't like it too much. The cons are horrible.

goran

Post Jan 15th '07, 18:35

goran must not play much Total Carnage. Where in the world would we be without berserker Troopers? We'd be screwed, that's where... wait, that's not a place. But we'd be screwed anyway!
Blaze

Post Jan 15th '07, 18:48

Blaze wrote:goran must not play much Total Carnage. Where in the world would we be without berserker Troopers? We'd be screwed, that's where... wait, that's not a place. But we'd be screwed anyway!

Yes that's exactly my point. You're all spoiled with the easy berzerker strategy.

goran

Post Jan 15th '07, 19:06

Yes that's exactly my point. You're all spoiled with the easy berzerker strategy.

Spoiled? It's necessary on some levels! Why not just take away all infighting and make Cyborgs friendly with regular Pfhor? I mean, then we wouldn't be spoiled anymore! Even though that'd be way too hard!
Last edited by Blaze on Jan 15th '07, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze

Post Jan 17th '07, 22:53

Shadowbreaker, I think you might learn much from the "help" function in anvil.
If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

"The next chapter finds Rambo recruited by a group of Christian human rights missionaries to protect them against pirates..."
-IMDB.com

"I didn't mean to kill nobody, I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord."
-R.L. Burnside

Phsyco_kid

Post Jan 17th '07, 23:56

Blaze wrote:It's necessary on some levels!

Pimpin' ain't EASY, but iss NECESSARY

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jan 19th '07, 03:08

Berzerking troopers is really fun, especialy if they kill you.
They're like YAAAAYAAAAAAARGGGH! Then they go crazy and kill everything. [spnkr]
I_likeup

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera