Hex

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Apr 11th '07, 19:11

What is the newest version of hex?
can it support the grayed out movie functions?
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Apr 11th '07, 19:49

All these functions like movie, static and stuff are greyed out in Hex only because they are not supported by AlephOne. For Hex it just boils down to write a different name for the terminal tags and voila: movies...but sadly not supported on the other end. Bungie put those names originally in, thinking they might be good features for to code in somewhere down the road.
However, Tag & Sound are working in Aleph One, so you could grab a copy of ResEdit, go into the menus files and un-grey it, to be used in your scenario.
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Post Apr 11th '07, 20:17

movies are supported by aleph one aren't they? mml can be used to put movies in between levels.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Apr 11th '07, 20:33

Bobwithkeycard wrote:Bungie put those names originally in, thinking they might be good features for to code in somewhere down the road.

How do you know what they were thinking? Were you there when they put them in?

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Apr 11th '07, 21:40

Megabyte wrote:movies are supported by aleph one aren't they? mml can be used to put movies in between levels.

Yes they can, but level scripting is somewhat harder to grasp than normal script folder scripts, I could easily do it, but I refuse to do so if you dont actually have this movie.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Apr 11th '07, 22:12

Treellama wrote:How do you know what they were thinking? Were you there when they put them in?

of course I was, man...but then they kicked me out for stealing the beta ;)

as for the movies: the movies Hex is suggesting by that greyed out feauture would be movies to play inside the terminals.
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera