Problem Merging Maps

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Jul 16th '07, 04:27

I'm attempting to merge together some of my levels in order to playtest them on Aleph One. But every time I try to merge them together, including terminal texts made using Hex!, it keep locking up on the last 'Adding terminal text...' I'm suspecting it has something to do with the third (and in this case, last) terminal file in the merge.

Any troubleshooting tips? I've actually tried isolating the particular level, and it still locks up on adding the text, but I can't see anything wrong with the way the terminal is made.
Axle_Gear

Post Jul 16th '07, 04:41

Ah, I solved it myself real quick.

Turns out it had something to do with not 'ending' a terminal.
The erronious terminal went like:

Unfinished
Info
Info
Finished
Info
Info
Change level

The fix was:

Unfinished
Info
Info
END
Finished
Info
Info
Change level
Axle_Gear

Post Jul 16th '07, 23:12

But wait! There's more!

Now I'm having trouble running the merged map in Aleph One. I can run it just fine through Basalisk II, but it feels like I'm swimming in molasses the whole game. I tried the file converter linked in the FAQ, but it doesn't seem to do anything (either because the converter does squat, or because I can only use the converter in Basalisk, and then drag the file over to My Computer). When I try to start up the map in Aleph One, the program just crashes.
Axle_Gear

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera