Physics Editor One J

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Aug 28th '10, 22:09

Windows 7

C:\Users\WastedJamacan\Desktop\Games\PhysicsEditorOneJ>java -cp ./HogePiyoEditors.jar;./JUICE.jar jp.hpl.main.MainPhysicsEditorOneJ
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

But, if I launch HogePiyoEditors.jar, and click PhysicsEditorOneJ, it works like a charm.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Aug 29th '10, 03:17

WastdJamacan wrote:Windows 7

C:\Users\WastedJamacan\Desktop\Games\PhysicsEditorOneJ>java -cp ./HogePiyoEditors.jar;./JUICE.jar jp.hpl.main.MainPhysicsEditorOneJ
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

But, if I launch HogePiyoEditors.jar, and click PhysicsEditorOneJ, it works like a charm.

thx. i got it.
In your environment, "java.exe" binary path seems not to be registered correctly. Normally, after installation of JRE1.5, "java" should be registered by its installer.
However, ".jar" is correctly registered. Use editors from launcher alternatively.
I added that description in README. I'll contain it in the next release.
SourceForge.net Project
-JUICE ( Released from irons )
-Map Editor One J ( in progress )
-Terminal Editor One J ( in progress )
-Physics Editor One J ( latest version downloadable from FileBall)
-------------------
SourceForge.jp Releases
-Map Viewer One
-Physics Editor One
-Map Demerger One
-------------------
My web site
[HogePiyo's Tools Download Page]|
-------------------
avator image from : http://source.bungie.org/content/content_c...avid_Simon.html

HogePiyo

Post Aug 29th '10, 04:58

[MUp]

Thank ye much.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 2nd '10, 23:55

I have a strange problem here...

I edited the idle width in the weapons definition, saved the physics file, but when I use this physics file the weapon is nowhere to be seen!

I check the physics again, and there is a negative entry in this area, which explains why I cannot see it. The entry there is supposed to be 39000, but instead it's negative, which would put it outside of my screen...

[attachment=4216:Screen_s...53.13_PM.png]

Why does this happen?
Attachments
Screen_shot_2010_09_02_at_7.53.13_PM.png
Screen_shot_2010_09_02_at_7.53.13_PM.png (111.49 KiB) Viewed 3887 times
Last edited by Kurinn on Sep 2nd '10, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
Kurinn

Post Sep 3rd '10, 02:40

Chances are that field takes a 16-bit signed integer. Going above 2^16 - 1 causes the number to wrap into negatives. Try a number that fits below that limit.

Edit: I have no idea why other, larger numbers are OK, except maybe their inputs aren't cast as shorts.
Last edited by irons on Sep 3rd '10, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Sep 3rd '10, 04:38

irons wrote:Chances are that field takes a 16-bit signed integer. Going above 2^16 - 1 causes the number to wrap into negatives. Try a number that fits below that limit.

Edit: I have no idea why other, larger numbers are OK, except maybe their inputs aren't cast as shorts.

That's what I was afraid of. It's alright though, I realized I didn't have to mess with this god-awful stuff anyway, since I could just get it to work by shifting the origin points around in the shapes file.

I tried the other fields, and they did the same thing too when I changed them, so I have no idea what's going on there.

In any case, I'm pretty sure now, this isn't a problem with the editor, more of a fundamental "some parts of physics models are just a pain in the ass and you shouldn't mess with them" thing.
Kurinn

Post Sep 12th '10, 14:13

irons wrote:Chances are that field takes a 16-bit signed integer. Going above 2^16 - 1 causes the number to wrap into negatives. Try a number that fits below that limit.

some numbers are cast as shorts when save physics. it will make unexpected numbers.
it is the best to guard numbers in valid (-1 to 2^16 -1) by this editor. However, there are too many to modify codes.

------------
BTW, I fixed "projectiles" and "using ammo" in [weapon]-[trigger]tab

http://fileball.bungie.org/index.php?optio...nfo&id=3414
SourceForge.net Project
-JUICE ( Released from irons )
-Map Editor One J ( in progress )
-Terminal Editor One J ( in progress )
-Physics Editor One J ( latest version downloadable from FileBall)
-------------------
SourceForge.jp Releases
-Map Viewer One
-Physics Editor One
-Map Demerger One
-------------------
My web site
[HogePiyo's Tools Download Page]|
-------------------
avator image from : http://source.bungie.org/content/content_c...avid_Simon.html

HogePiyo

Post Nov 26th '13, 17:29

I've came back.
However, I forget so much things.
Physics Editor One still has some bugs. I'll try to read related messages and try to re-construct environment of coding

HogePiyo

Post Nov 26th '13, 18:38

Welcome back! I hope you've had lots of fun in your non-Marathon adventures.

While you were away, Treellama added physics support to ShapeFusion. I'm not trying to discourage you from working on Physics Editor One: keep working on it as long as you enjoy it. If you only feel guilty about the bugs, don't worry about that, because content creators have another tool they can use.

Hopper

Post Nov 27th '13, 01:39

Hopper,
Hopper wrote:While you were away, Treellama added physics support to ShapeFusion.

Great job! I've awoken ShapeFusion supports Windows from your comments and SourceForge page of that.

I'm not trying to discourage you from working on Physics Editor One: keep working on it as long as you enjoy it. If you only feel guilty about the bugs, don't worry about that, because content creators have another tool they can use.

Thank you for the thought.
I's OK. My purpose was that users can edit Physics also at Windows. So I'm not disappointed.

I'm going to read some other posts about editors for understanding current status.

HogePiyo

Previous

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera