Aleph One apps have a lot of problems!

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
ftg.death.rhino
Born on Board

Problems I dislike in Weland:
- In Item Parameters / Monster Parameters, Highlighting a single text based digit takes four clicks, giving this specific window the worst click detection I have ever witnessed.
- In Item Parameters / Monster Parameters, If you leave a newly entered digit highlighted, it will revert back to it's original digit when you press OK.
- In Item Parameters / Monster Parameters, Whenever you set a minimum count, it will always resort to the minimum count regardless of other settings.
- In Item Parameters / Monster Parameters, It is very unclear what the column "Appearance (%)" is referring to.
- When drawing the polygons, Weland is very picky on how you actually surround polygons with other polygons.
- Can't create or modify the BRAND NEW .scen files.
- I should be able to "type" the coordinates of the objects rather than having to zoom in all of the way.
Problems I dislike in ShapeFusion:
- Why can't I add a bitmap in between other bitmaps, so that I don't have to delete and add every other bitmap?
- Can't read .tif or more pointlessly, .dds.
- "True color" color tables are all over the place, making it impossible to replicate a different color.
- When modifying Sounds or Physics, adding something with it's own needs is entirely not an action.
- Can't create or modify the BRAND NEW .shps, .sndz or .phys files.
- Why can't I make a sequence "Display a Random View" or "Animation with 2 views" or Animation with 12 views"?
Problems I dislike in Atque:
- If I can combine a map and a physics model, and a map and MML, and a map with MML and a physics model, Why can't I combine a physics model and MML?
- Terminals have every right to use the "snd" portion of the Resources folder.
- Terminals have every right to use new bitmaps.
- Level Scripts shouldn't exist: I should be allowed to make a music plugin.
- Can't create or modify the BRAND NEW .scen or .imgz (?) files.
Problems I dislike in MML:
- Allow me to set faders as Boolean, that would make me happy.
- Allow me to mute certain sounds.
Problems I dislike in Aleph One:
- Fonts.fntA never did anything.
- Preferences never did anything.
- Why does the brightness change still exist after I close the application?
- WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
Liquid Fader Removal

Code: Select all

<marathon>
<!-- BAN ALL WHO REFUSE TO DOWNLOAD --!>
<player index="0" opacity="0"/>
</marathon>
goran
Vidmaster

Item/monster parametrers

Every Second Aleph One will count the number of objects in the map and in the players inventories.

If an object count is below the minimum count, the difference will be added to the level, either to random locations or to the same location as the placed objects.

If the count is between the minimum and maximum count, Aleph One will use the appearance percent to determine the probability of another object appearing. The number of objects that can appear this way during the course of a level is determined by total available (be aware that this is set to 0 by default).

If the count is beyond the maximum count, Aleph One will do nothing.
ftg.death.rhino
Born on Board

Well thank you, but that still doesn't explain the sh*tty click detection.
Liquid Fader Removal

Code: Select all

<marathon>
<!-- BAN ALL WHO REFUSE TO DOWNLOAD --!>
<player index="0" opacity="0"/>
</marathon>
goran
Vidmaster

It does not take 4 clicks. Click on a row, wait a millisecond, then click on a number. Look! Two clicks! :D
Zott
Vidmaster

Problems I dislike in MML:
- Allow me to set faders as Boolean, that would make me happy.
- Allow me to mute certain sounds.
IIRC: To mute sounds you can set the sound to -1.
EX: <sounds got_powerup="-1" />

Faders can be 'disabled' by setting their opacity to 0. That's pretty close to a bool in execution.
goran
Vidmaster

Problems I dislike in ShapeFusion:
- Why can't I add a bitmap in between other bitmaps, so that I don't have to delete and add every other bitmap?
There is no need to do that. Just add your bitmaps at the end. If you for some reason need to move them around, there is copy paste. Apart from the wall collections first 5 slots, the position of bitmaps do not matter.