The Need for Staplers

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

The Need for Staplers

Post Aug 19th '13, 19:54

Imagine I have a situation like this:

Screen shot 2013-08-19 at 3.48.53 PM.png

The lines heading out from the indentation are the edges of the light. The square is a box I want to place. I'm adamant that everything stay in its place, for some reason. I want the edge of the light to intersect with the box perfectly, but the positioning means I can't achieve this. What would be great is if there was some way to say "Find where lines A and B intersect and place a point there that splits both lines". This would allow you to create nice lighting effects and other things. Does anybody know how to do this with a Weland plugin?

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Aug 19th '13, 20:03

PerseusSpartacus wrote:Imagine I have a situation like this:

I want the edge of the light to intersect with the box perfectly

What?

interion

Post Aug 19th '13, 20:12

I think you'd need multiple selection to make this elegant in a plugin. But, I don't know why you can't achieve it without a plugin: place the point, delete the line that didn't get split, redraw two lines. Seems pretty easy.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 19th '13, 20:49

interion wrote:What?

Simply put, I want to attach the lines that intersect in the picture quickly, easily, and perfectly. A plugin that could do this would be awesome. My own term for this kind of plugin would be a 'Stapler'; attaching two overlapping but unconnected things.

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera