Making weapons dual fisted

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post May 25th '08, 21:02

I don't understand why I can't make a weapon become dual fisted. I selected dual fisted from the box in Weapons Definitions, and I saved and tried it. It doesn't work. Any ideas? Also, I'm just starting at this. Could someone give me a few tips, or point me in the right direction for a few?
ingoguy15

Post May 25th '08, 21:15

irons wrote:Only the pistol and the shotgun slots are accepted by the engine as double-fisted, even if the physics model says otherwise. In the old days, that was basically it: the engine would ignore your physics model and you'd have to work around this limitation. Now, Aleph One allows you to use MML to make any weapon two-fisted. If you plan on using these physics in network games, you'll need to keep in mind that MML does not transfer over the network, and your games will probably go out-of-sync unless everyone already has the same MML as you do. I won't give you a tutorial on MML; maybe someone else can.

Er... I thought the only reason the engine "ignored" the double-fisted option was because only the pistols and shotgun items had a max-carry greater than one. If you could get two SPNKRs and set their physics to double-fisted, it would work... you just couldn't get two SPNKRs. Now with MML you can.

If there another MML thing somewhere, besides the max-carry of items, that makes a weapon double fisted or not?
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."

Pfhorrest
California

Post May 25th '08, 21:42

I believe you're right, it's only the how-many-you-can-pick-up thing. Only the pistol and shotgun default to two.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post May 26th '08, 01:12

I am retarded. Thanks, guys.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post May 26th '08, 01:42

If all you want is dual SPNKRs then why dont you have the shotgun rounds be SPNKR rockets instead of the norm, and pistol rounds would be SPNKRs, and the actual fist weapon would have a SPNKR impact.

That'd be sweeeeeet.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post May 26th '08, 02:04

MoppyPuppy wrote:If all you want is dual SPNKRs then why dont you have the shotgun rounds be SPNKR rockets instead of the norm, and pistol rounds would be SPNKRs, and the actual fist weapon would have a SPNKR impact.

That'd be sweeeeeet.

indeed

logan

Post Jun 1st '08, 00:54

On the topic of weapons, I have another weapon-realated question. Is it possible to mkae the second trigger of a gun have a different sprite other than the idle frame? For example, can you make the AR's grenade trigger havea differant firing sprite?

QUOTE(Alan)
So that means ALL YOU PEOPLE who AGREED WITH W'RKNCACNTER ARE STUPID, AND THAT MEANS HE'S IGNORANT, AND THAT MEANS ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO AGREED WITH HIM ARE IGNORANT TOO! So I'm not ignorant which makes me not diluted. YOU ARE.[/quote]
DeepThought

Post Jun 1st '08, 02:42

Is it possible to mkae the second trigger of a gun have a different sprite other than the idle frame? For example, can you make the AR's grenade trigger havea differant firing sprite?

It is not, according to my knowledge.

Though there might be some clever scripting to get around this in Alephone.
Last edited by Zott on Jun 1st '08, 02:44, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jun 1st '08, 04:59

It is not possible on either count.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Sep 8th '08, 16:05

actually i made dual wield fusion pistols but it only worked after you picked up pistolo ammo?!?!?!?
sunraider3

Post Sep 8th '08, 17:22

sunraider3 wrote:actually i made dual wield fusion pistols but it only worked after you picked up pistolo ammo?!?!?!?

Is your Fusion Pistol's secondary fire set to use pistol ammo?

(Either way, new weapons come with one clip loaded already, so it shouldn't do that anyway).
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."

Pfhorrest
California

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera