Question about Sounds file.

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Question about Sounds file.

Post Mar 16th '14, 19:35

Its been a long time since i've been around the Marathons and too my suprise to still see a community around it,

but i have a question about the Sounds file that Marathon and marathon engine based games use.

How do i open the Sounds files to get at the the effects themselves i've located my old Prime Target game and installed it through sheep-shaver and i'm looking to get into its Sound files to use as my own personal project/sound replacers, i can't seem to open any of it through Anvil or atleast not through SheepShaver and what not since i no longer have an old Mac with the required operating system.. so is there anyway to open the archive to get the sound files? if anyone thinks they can i can just upload the sounds file if needed.
AdamBaum

Post Mar 17th '14, 00:40

ShapeFusion will open the file, and let you play or export some sounds. I don't think it can access every sound in the file, because Prime Target made changes to the Marathon engine that aren't supported, but that's probably your best bet.

Hopper

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera