Switches always defaulting to "active"

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Switches always defaulting to "active"

Post Dec 9th '15, 03:27

In texturing my maps using vasara, I find that every time I apply a switch and set up its parameters, the next time I load the level it has reverted to being an active switch. There is a checkbox that says "initially active" or something like that, and I always leave it unchecked, and am using the inactive texture palette...but again, upon next load, the switch is always active. I mean, it isn't a game-breaking problem, but it does mean I have to turn the switch off and then back on to get it to activate anything. Which is clumsy and pretty stupid. Suggestions??

Hopefully I can upload my new map shortly and let y'all play through it.

Thanks.
doctorbenjiphd

Post Dec 9th '15, 09:05

...it actually only seems to be with Tag switches. The checkbox I mentioned actually says "Tag is active"...again, this box by default is not checked. It's just, whenever I assign the switch its tag, it reverts back to being active. Ack!
doctorbenjiphd

Post Dec 9th '15, 13:54

You know what you should do in this kind of situation? The opposite. If you create an 'inactive' switch and assign it to some tag without checking the 'initially active box', and it still appears active in-game, just do the opposite. Set the switch to 'initially active', and you should have the desired effect, which is an inactive switch.
XXXXTYCHOXXXX

$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.
User avatar

Tycho X
Aenna Prime

Post Dec 9th '15, 21:28

Tycho X wrote:You know what you should do in this kind of situation? The opposite. If you create an 'inactive' switch and assign it to some tag without checking the 'initially active box', and it still appears active in-game, just do the opposite. Set the switch to 'initially active', and you should have the desired effect, which is an inactive switch.


Yeah, this is basically how the 'wires' option works, if you set wires to be active, they are broken, because by default they are always active. But yeah, this was the first thing I tried, it didn't work, hence my being here. I can avoid using some of the tags by using the "activate adjacent platform" but I'm still going to have this problem for a while. Maybe I will try the visual mode.lua as it could be a bug in vasara.

Thanks for your suggestion though, Tycho.
doctorbenjiphd


Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron