5-D Intersections Weland plugin

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
Hopper
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ever wondered if a level used 5-D space? This plugin for Weland reports any instances where polygons overlap in 3-D space, so you can tell whether a map obeys the standard laws of physics.

Spoiler: standard physics is overrated in Bungie's maps.

Download - Source code
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

This is definitely an interesting plugin. Never seen anything like it.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)
doctorbenjiphd
Cyborg

heh heh without having even downloaded this, I like this plugin. It always bugged me when mapmakers blatantly ignored this kind of thing. I'm such a stickler, in my maps if it even comes close I have to go back and add an elevation in the floor of the above level to coincide with the spacial reality. Marathon 1 levels ignored this all the time, and even as a kid with no real knowledge of the workings of the engine, I noticed it and thought it was clumsy.
Coraxus
Cyborg

A long time ago, I actually made a map that would utilize 5D space. I shaped the map into a sort of figure 8 just to see if standing at one particular spot, I could see both intersection simultaneously and what it would look like. Needless to say, when I did that, it crashed my game entirely. Of course this was ages ago. I don't know if it will crash again in this day and age.