Physics and Shapes editing.

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
Shocktart
Cyborg

In ShapeFusion,
I'm attempting to convert a possessed hummer into a MADD but when I changed the hummer bitmaps with MADD bitmaps they appear "skinny" in-game, I've changed the origins and keypoints to match every other monster but to no avail.

Also, I need to turn the MADD into a monster that shoots lead, how do I do this?
You see Physics Editor One can't open existing Physics files and starts everything at 0's.

Please help.
I'll buy a cheap goddamned Macintosh if I need to, please help.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I hear Alpha has an old mac for sale, since he's getting a new computer.
irons
Vidmaster

Have you tried emulation?
Shocktart
Cyborg

irons wrote:Have you tried emulation?
Currently experiencing that nightmare.
A folder for download with all the hocus pocus already done would be greatly appreciated.
irons
Vidmaster

What emulator are you using? I have a setup that works for BasiliskII.
Shocktart
Cyborg

irons wrote:What emulator are you using? I have a setup that works for BasiliskII.
I'll take anything, I have a windows machine and I'm downloading almost every extraction software attempting to unlock the files of which I can't find the item that starts the emulation.

EDIT: Got it, I am now using a miniVmac. Found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkLgVx09r08
How do I get Anvil in it?

Double EDIT: Got Basilisk II, but I need a ROM. Hopefully one with Anvil already built in?
Zott
Vidmaster

ShapesFusion can do physics work. Try that first before Physics Editor One, since that has given me bugged physics files in the past.

As far as the scaling, I don't know why, but you could pad the sprites to make them appear correctly. Or why not replace a different monster?
Shocktart
Cyborg

Zott wrote:ShapesFusion can do physics work. Try that first before Physics Editor One, since that has given me bugged physics files in the past.
I want a screen shot of ShapeFusion's physics capabilities, I've delved in and can only do rudimentary changes to monsters. I don't think it even counts as physics editing because its really just changing frame sounds in the sequence tab of every monster slot.
Please prove me wrong because I really can't stand this emulator stuff importing and exporting files in file types that require 10 different expanders.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Sounds like you need to open a physics file rather than a shapes file.
Shocktart
Cyborg

Wrkncacnter wrote:Sounds like you need to open a physics file rather than a shapes file.
Using ShapeFusion 1.6, it will not open the Physics file, notification: "Sorry, the format for this file is unknown."

EDIT: It only applies to this one Physics file, you know, the one I'm using.
Is there a way to rectify this? Take a file that should already be a physics file and make it a physics file?
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Well, the first thing you should try is modifying the standard Infinity physics file. You can download that here. That should give you a nice template to build out from for making other physics files.

Just thought I'd point that out. :)
Shocktart
Cyborg

:D
PerseusSpartacus wrote:Well, the first thing you should try is modifying the standard Infinity physics file. You can download that here. That should give you a nice template to build out from for making other physics files.

Just thought I'd point that out. :)
Full disclosure I'm using the Portal of Sigma physics file as a start point because it features the railgun, I was trying to avoid using another physics file as it opens a whole pile of new questions.
Questions mostly revolving around making the weapon sprites be where they are supposed to be on the screen and making the bullets originate from where they're supposed to.

Being able to open a Portal of Sigma or its closest equivalent the Marathon EVIL physics file would save me hours of editing time, Marathon EVIL is close to Portal of Sigma but then the sounds are all fucked up.