I broke the SMG, please help me.

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

I broke the SMG, please help me.

Post Jul 1st '16, 20:21

ShapeFusion editing physics files.
I changed the dx and dz values and now the SMG is GONE.
I put in the original values and the SMG is still missing.
I've copied and pasted values from other weapons and the SMG is still missing.

Original values were: dx: 35 dz: -75.
I've confirmed these values with the original physics file.
All values match their originals.

What am I doing wrong? Please help me.
Shocktart

Post Jul 3rd '16, 15:18

What exactly do you mean by 'gone'? Gone from where? Are you unable to find the SMG on the map, or is it that you pick it up and then it doesn't seem to show up in your inventory or lacks a visible sprite when you try to hold it?

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Jul 3rd '16, 15:41

make sure you're not using the m2 shapes file

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jul 3rd '16, 16:08

PerseusSpartacus wrote:What exactly do you mean by 'gone'? Gone from where? Are you unable to find the SMG on the map, or is it that you pick it up and then it doesn't seem to show up in your inventory or lacks a visible sprite when you try to hold it?

Visible sprite when you hold it up.
The only thing I changed was dx and dz coordinates, I returned them but the sprite is still gone.
I'm using Marathon Infinity physics because the SMG used to be there before I tried to change its position slightly.
Shocktart

Post Jul 9th '16, 06:35

For what it’s worth. Probably not much, but there may be a clue here.

While playing KTA III, level 3 – Tigger’s Reason, on Durandal, the SMG fires, etc, but the sprite (?) does not show up nor does the outline on the HUD. When playing KTA III on Infinity, the SMG sprite does show up. The same is true for KTA IV (but Tigger’s Reason is now level 2 and the first combat level).

Also, you may have to shut down completely for the changes to take effect. For example, some commands from the command line in W7 do not take effect with restart but you have to actually power off then back on to effect the changes.

Wish I could offer some real help. I hope you figure it out.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.

HelviusRufus

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera