So, Texture Munger

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Aug 15th '08, 06:51

There's pretty much no way to make it work when a shapes file contains more than sixty-four textures, is there? 'Cause every time I've tried it on my scenario's maps (there are an average of 120 textures per set), it's resulted in crashes. Which has pretty much prevented me from overhauling the textural content for four of the five sets at all, because retexturing maps by hand is a pain.

Assuming it can't be fixed to work properly, it would be kind of nice to have something that does work properly.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Post Aug 15th '08, 10:27

It's certainly possible, cause I practically only use that kind of shapes files. I don't know what the problem might be though. Perhaps you can try giving forge some more memory?
Last edited by Drictelt on Aug 15th '08, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Aug 15th '08, 13:48

The solution to your problem is, don't use Texture Munger. Lua Visual Mode can do everything it does, it a non-hacky way. You can use as many textures/sets as you want.

If you have a map that you already textured with texture munger, you can use JUICE (you'll have to write a script) to fix the textures.
Last edited by treellama on Aug 15th '08, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 15th '08, 13:50

Yeah, checksection 9 of the JUICE manual and see if that sounds applicable to your case. The manual is kind of outdated, but the texture conversion interface is basically the same.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 15th '08, 19:04

thanks for the link to that, I'll give it a going-over tomorrow when I have access to my unmerged map files.
Last edited by The Man on Aug 15th '08, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Fool's Gold · Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge

The Man
Sarasota, FL

Post Aug 17th '08, 01:50

I checked Section 9, and then forgot why I was reading it.
But while I was trying to regroup my thoughts I came across the JUICE introduction.

JUICE works on Windows!?
Where can I attain JUICE?
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Aug 18th '08, 00:48

Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Aug 18th '08, 01:17

You cant see the map with JUICE?
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Aug 18th '08, 08:46

You can't. End of story.
Embrace imagination.

chinkeeyong
Singapore

Post Aug 18th '08, 15:32

chinkeeyong wrote:You can't. End of story.

Looks like MapEditorOne being completed is the last chance at a Fully Capable Windows compatible map editor.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Aug 18th '08, 15:56

Duh, There is only SO much this JAVA can do. (it already does alot) plus, don't we have smithy to wait on also, or is that only Mac OS X?
Last edited by Kidtofu on Aug 18th '08, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
En Taro Adun,
Executor.

Im dead, man!

Kidtofu
Virginia

Post Aug 18th '08, 17:49

Stop answering MoppyPuppy's questions. He's borderline retarded.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 19th '08, 06:12

irons wrote:Stop answering MoppyPuppy's questions. He's borderline retarded.

I like dealing with stupid people because they make me feel superior and self-assured.

MoppyPuppy wrote:Looks like MapEditorOne being completed is the last chance at a Fully Capable Windows compatible map editor.

S. M. I. T. H. Y.
Embrace imagination.

chinkeeyong
Singapore

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera