Is there a way i can emulate a powerpc mac?

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Mar 5th '09, 00:11

Hello everybody so heres my problem:

After looking at pathways into darkness page, i saw that there is a updated version with improved texture and resolution, as you can read here http://pid.bungie.org/PIDPPCrelease94.html is just for PowerPc Macs.
I am using Basilisk 2 under Windows XP to get the "normal" PID working so is there a way to make Basilisk 2 use a Powerpc Processor? if no there is another emulator that i can try?
I hope someone can help me

Thanks in advance
-BR4ZIL
BR4ZIL

Post Mar 5th '09, 21:46

Sheepsaver will let you emulate a powerpc mac on your pc. Good luck to you.

goran

Post Mar 9th '09, 15:07

BR4ZIL wrote:Hello everybody so heres my problem:

After looking at pathways into darkness page, i saw that there is a updated version with improved texture and resolution, as you can read here http://pid.bungie.org/PIDPPCrelease94.html is just for PowerPc Macs.
I am using Basilisk 2 under Windows XP to get the "normal" PID working so is there a way to make Basilisk 2 use a Powerpc Processor? if no there is another emulator that i can try?
I hope someone can help me

Thanks in advance
-BR4ZIL

Woudln't you rather emulate Intel? or maybe get a bootcamp?
Pool

Post Mar 9th '09, 17:43

Pool wrote:Woudln't you rather emulate Intel? or maybe get a bootcamp?

No to both, because he wants to us a "Classic" Mac OS app. It wouldn't work on Intel OS X, and it just doesn't exist on Windows.

ukimalefu

Post Mar 12th '09, 03:19

What OS9 Doesn't work on windows? Yes it does

Here this is where you can get started
http://emaculation.com/forum/viewforum.php...ef1652517321bda

This is where the latest builds of Sheepshaver can be found and there have been many bug fixes by other people since the latest Official release back in 2006. I find Sheepshaver to run exceptionally well on my computer, but you will need a PowerPC Rom. There is the New World one in the Mac Update tomb that is circling around. Use Basilisk to extract it from the tomb file. Still you wont have as good results as you would with an Old World ROM from say a Beige G3. You can certainly still try it, you may get lucky and the program could be like A-10 Attack! which works surprisingly well in Sheepshaver. It is definitely good enough to use Forge and Anvil if that's what you want.
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Mar 12th '09, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Mar 12th '09, 13:59

herecomethej2000 wrote:What OS9 Doesn't work on windows? Yes it does

Here this is where you can get started
http://emaculation.com/forum/viewforum.php...ef1652517321bda

This is where the latest builds of Sheepshaver can be found and there have been many bug fixes by other people since the latest Official release back in 2006. I find Sheepshaver to run exceptionally well on my computer, but you will need a PowerPC Rom. There is the New World one in the Mac Update tomb that is circling around. Use Basilisk to extract it from the tomb file. Still you wont have as good results as you would with an Old World ROM from say a Beige G3. You can certainly still try it, you may get lucky and the program could be like A-10 Attack! which works surprisingly well in Sheepshaver. It is definitely good enough to use Forge and Anvil if that's what you want.

Pathways into Darkness for Windows doesn't exist. Running it in a 'Mac OS Classic' emulator is a different thing.

ukimalefu

Post Mar 15th '09, 15:39

ukimalefu wrote:Pathways into Darkness for Windows doesn't exist. Running it in a 'Mac OS Classic' emulator is a different thing.

Oh sorry I thought you were referring to sheepshaver not working on windows for some reason. My mistake

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera