MapEditorOne

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Mar 13th '09, 18:43

I'm hesitant to start a new topic for my issue considering how long it's been since this program's been updated, but seeing that the original thread is locked and a line from it's final post paired with the opening line of Map Viewer J I figured why not:

I was hoping to use this program to pick up the slack left by my MarathUp issue, but quite a few drop down lists look like this:
[attachment=2531:2009_03_..._upload_.jpg]
There are some exceptions. For example in this menu the 7th entry "Light-on" appears fine.

Any ideas why? I don't recognize the symbols.

Judging from the directory structure, the drop down list items come from TXT files, which I can open and read.

I assume this an issue with my computers (both WinXP sp2) because I couldn't find it reported in the original thread. One computer I have tinkered with for about 5 years, but the other is virtually out of the box.
Attachments
2009_03_12_202052_upload_.jpg
2009_03_12_202052_upload_.jpg (226.76 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
2009_03_12_202052_upload_.jpg
2009_03_12_202052_upload_.jpg (211.24 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.

effigy

Post Apr 8th '09, 01:12

Install Japanese Language Pack, you don't have it installed.
"How did they get ships into lake? It would take many men an hour to carry it across land and into lake."
-Soviet Conscript, Red Alert 3

Theoretically
<Spurious Interrupt- Breach Disabled>

Post Apr 8th '09, 14:00

Thank you sir, for digging this up. I've been poking around the Internet for resolutions to bad font substitutions, but I suppose that wouldn't explain why one item in that list displays properly.

I installed the first Google hit and rebooted but it didn't have the desired effect. [MFrown]

I've also checked out the second Google hit, but haven't tried it yet because of this message:
Code: Select all
Microsoft .NET Framework Redistributable Package Version 2.0

There is no language pack for the English version of this redistributable package. If you wish to install the language pack for a different language, please return to the Microsoft Download Center page where you found this download and select a different language.

I [?fail]#?

I also looked at this but I'm leery of this kind of 3rd party stuff, so I haven't tried it.

Do you have any other ideas? Should I have configured something after the install?

effigy

Post Apr 9th '09, 04:09

Try installing the East Asian Languages.
http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Prog...llation_XP.html
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Apr 9th '09, 14:33

I'll try. I found that page, too, but I got the impression that it's designed to give me the ability to type in Japanese, etc., and passed.

effigy

Post Apr 10th '09, 16:44

effigy wrote:I'm hesitant to start a new topic for my issue considering how long it's been since this program's been updated, but seeing that the original thread is locked and a line from it's final post paired with the opening line of Map Viewer J I figured why not:

I was hoping to use this program to pick up the slack left by my MarathUp issue, but quite a few drop down lists look like this:
[attachment=2531:2009_03_..._upload_.jpg]
There are some exceptions. For example in this menu the 7th entry "Light-on" appears fine.

Any ideas why? I don't recognize the symbols.

Judging from the directory structure, the drop down list items come from TXT files, which I can open and read.

I assume this an issue with my computers (both WinXP sp2) because I couldn't find it reported in the original thread. One computer I have tinkered with for about 5 years, but the other is virtually out of the box.

Some version of editors include Japanese datas. So that like above happens sometimes.

You have not to install other japanese pack components. There are English datas.

Search PolygonType.txt in product folders and try to replace with the English version from this attachment :)
[attachment=2630:TextList.zip]

Next release will be fixed.
Attachments
TextList.zip
(12.67 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
SourceForge.net Project
-JUICE ( Released from irons )
-Map Editor One J ( in progress )
-Terminal Editor One J ( in progress )
-Physics Editor One J ( latest version downloadable from FileBall)
-------------------
SourceForge.jp Releases
-Map Viewer One
-Physics Editor One
-Map Demerger One
-------------------
My web site
[HogePiyo's Tools Download Page]|
-------------------
avator image from : http://source.bungie.org/content/content_c...avid_Simon.html

HogePiyo

Post Apr 14th '09, 03:25

HogePiyo wrote:Some version of editors include Japanese datas. So that like above happens sometimes.

Now that the holiday's over I can say, "Thank you, Hoge!" Sorry, I thought I had verified that I could read the txt file :( must have been thinking of a different install I had...or maybe I just didn't check the right one. Anyhow, thanks!

Asylum wrote:...
Why not use Smithy?

I do.

effigy

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera