dual weild 2 different weapons?

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Jun 8th '09, 22:28

O.K. i've just had a random thought- is it possible to dual wield two different weapons, eg a magnum pistol & fusion pistol?
Fishman92

Post Jun 8th '09, 22:44

No, it is not possible. A1 can only allow you to hold one combination of dual-wielding weapons for each weapon slot. I.E. The pistols and shotguns. However, you could perhaps change the physics for the weapon in one of the player's hands. But since you're likely thinking of multiple combinations of different weapons, no, you can't change the weapon in only one hand.
Marathoner325
British Columbia, Canada

Post Jun 9th '09, 02:23

And also, that screenshot of EVIL that may suggest this was faked, if you ever come across it.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jun 9th '09, 09:27

You can't dual wield two different weapons, or maybe like in Halo there are some weapons that you can't dual wield like the Rocket Launcher...
Toshiba Dynabook Satellite PAG4510PME
Windows XP Home Edition + Service Pack 3 (Japanese)
40GB HDD
512MB RAM

Still in full working condition....

Comokanu

Post Jun 9th '09, 09:31

OK it was just a random idea thnx.
Fishman92

Post Jun 9th '09, 17:32

The best you could do is to use a regular weapon type, but make the weapon-in-hand sprite look like you were holding two weapons. For instance, make a single sprite with a right hand holding an assault rifle and a left hand holding a grenade launcher. You could probably hack it with lua to make the projectiles spawn from your left or right hand, but I'm not sure how you'd get it to play different animations for the primary and secondary trigger.

Crater Creator

Post Jun 9th '09, 19:00

or maybe change the physics, but thats a crazy idea, right?
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Jun 10th '09, 04:12

D'oh! You're right; you set a dx for each trigger. So you can make the assault rifle bullets come out the right side and the grenades come out the left side in my example. I still don't know how you'd play separate animations, though. It would look odd for most kinds of weapons.

Crater Creator

Post Jun 10th '09, 09:16

I don't know a single code in Lua, but I know you definately need different variables for each weapon like: x&y position of the weapon sprite, ammo left over & weapon type.

Or maybe not... I wouldn't hack Marathon like that or you might mess it up like what you did to your Mac sometime ago Fishman92.....
Toshiba Dynabook Satellite PAG4510PME
Windows XP Home Edition + Service Pack 3 (Japanese)
40GB HDD
512MB RAM

Still in full working condition....

Comokanu

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera