Anyone got a copy of 1-10 twiddler?

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
ravenshining
Vidmaster

Testing... applying shapes patch to Infinity shapes file... saving... double checking to see that it's like your screenshot... no problem.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

You tested this on the 0.6 version for mac/windows that was released in 2012? Or is there a newer release I'm not seeing?
ravenshining
Vidmaster

Against SVN 198, not the 6 yo tarball. Trying to use that old version is what caused me all my trouble before.

Go here and click "Download snapshot"
https://sourceforge.net/p/shapefusion/code/HEAD/tree/
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

That just gives you the source code, if I'm understanding correctly. I don't think it's reasonable to expect windows/mac people to build their own versions.
treellama
Vidmaster

If you have the ability to test whether the bug you reported has actually been fixed, that's helpful.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

As I said in a previous post, everything works (without bugs) with the latest svn on ubuntu. Me and Windbreaker experience the same bug using 0.6. So it would *seem* the bug is fixed, it just needs a new release.

The other option is that my windows machine just has a bad version of some dependency installed. Is that possible? I don't remember what, if anything, I installed to get shapefusion working on windows, as that would have been over a year ago.

If there are some straightforward steps for cross building a windows .exe, I could maybe try doing that and testing it on my machine.
treellama
Vidmaster

If it works in with the latest code in Linux, I think it's safe to assume it will work in Windows once built. The ShapeFusion binary is self-contained in Windows, so there are no dependencies to worry about.

A new release is a good idea, but I don't know what will be involved in making that happen.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

'ke. Good to know at least the latest code works though. I wish I had known that when I was working on Yuge.
Juzo-kun
Born on Board

I hope I'm not doing a slight with this necropost, but I think maybe a listing of the process in one post might be useful to someone. Of course if there's something to correct, tell me so I'll update this list.

These informations refer to compiling Shapefusion on Linux Mint 18.3 (Ubuntu derivative, debian base distro).
I think that can be applied to Ubuntu as well and older/newer version of either one. Either Ubuntu and Mint are distros geared toward basic user, so these don't carry many tools for compiling as many other distros have, hence the need of installing a bunch of packets.

First, install these packets:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install -y build-essential subversion autoconf-archive wx3.0-i18n libwxbase3.0-dev wx-common libwxgtk3.0-dev libsndfile1-dev
and also these ones:

sudo apt-get install -y autoconf automake
then, go to the place where you want shapefusion download (this is where I put the stuff in my PC, a 'sources' folder whithin my home, it's not mandatory)

cd ~/sources
Then download the latest version from SVN

svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/shapefusion/code/trunk shapefusion
[once you have it all, the command for updating from SVN is this]

svn update
go to the shapefusion folder and launch

./autogen.sh
once the process is completed, the last line of the output instructs you to type

make
if everything goes well, launch the program with

./shapefusion
if something didn't go well... ehm... ask for help here or on Discord, this is the maximum I can do for my level of knowledge :P