Marathon on PSP!

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
treellama
Vidmaster

Yeah, I think he's messing with us.
Nigel
Born on Board

Hehe, I'll definitely look over it to learn some things.

I don't have anything else to add/improve. My skill level is way below what's required to start taking on tickets and such and not have everyone rewrite what I submit. But I can spit out diff files now, might be handy if anything else comes up. Also, with gamma fixed and possibly HAVE_OPENGL restored I'll be sure to use the next stable release instead of the old 2009 (or even older) releases. Goes for every console/handheld porter I think :).

All the other issues I can think of:
- A1 crashes with libsndfile enabled (but this is disableable without modification) on M1A1 only (rest works fine). Same on GP2x apparently, since Pickle excluded it there too. This I could investigate myself. I don't know/remember what libsndfile is used for but it's nothing I'm missing in the trilogy so I almost forgot about this.
- 2010 and last-month SVN releases crashed without vorbis, couldn't get pkg-config to behave with cross-compiles. Would be nice to have an option to circumvent pkg-config for all libs it is used for, i.e., option to do manual ld/cpp flags for them instead.
treellama
Vidmaster

Nigel wrote:All the other issues I can think of:
- A1 crashes with libsndfile enabled (but this is disableable without modification) on M1A1 only (rest works fine). Same on GP2x apparently, since Pickle excluded it there too. This I could investigate myself. I don't know/remember what libsndfile is used for but it's nothing I'm missing in the trilogy so I almost forgot about this.
libsndfile isn't needed for the original Trilogy. I can't actually think of many scenarios that need it; EMR did at one point to play back some IMA compressed audio. For everything else our crude built-in WAV/AIFF parser seems to work OK.
- 2010 and last-month SVN releases crashed without vorbis, couldn't get pkg-config to behave with cross-compiles. Would be nice to have an option to circumvent pkg-config for all libs it is used for, i.e., option to do manual ld/cpp flags for them instead.
pkg-config isn't going anywhere. I've got it working for the Windows cross-compile, so there's hope for you.

If we're crashing without vorbis that's a bug, though.
Nigel
Born on Board

Treellama wrote:libsndfile isn't needed for the original Trilogy. I can't actually think of many scenarios that need it; EMR did at one point to play back some IMA compressed audio. For everything else our crude built-in WAV/AIFF parser seems to work OK.
pkg-config isn't going anywhere. I've got it working for the Windows cross-compile, so there's hope for you.

If we're crashing without vorbis that's a bug, though.
Not excluding it, just have some flags that are used instead if they are specified, like the --with-sdl flag to point to another sdl-config. The crash thing ('segfault' on launch iirc) was gone as soon as I commented out init_music() or what it was called in the main loop in shell.cpp, so I assume it's the menu music. I also know I got weird sounds when excluding it on the 2009 version, like, vorbis is gone but it still tries to play back the .ogg file(?). Been a month since I played with those options so I don't recall the details at all. I can try easily now on OS X though. Good excuse to learn how to use a debugger instead of adding printf()s to everything and see where things stop.
Last edited by Nigel on Dec 9th '10, 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
t3hm00kz
Born on Board

It's been a a little over a month since there have been any updates. Hopefully there's still progress being made on this? I'd love to see what comes from this project you guys are working on :)