Having issues in Basilisk (with unstuffing)

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
Ness199X
Spazeroid

I downloaded the game (Marathon 1) through the trilogyrelease.bungie.org page, and attempted to unstuff it in Basilisk (I moved it into a drive via HFVExplorer as was recommended at emaculation, but when I attempt to unstuff it, all I get is one file called "Icon". I know the stuffit program is working properly since I was able to unstuff other games, but this one and a few others are giving me trouble. Is there any way you can help?
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

There's an alternative called M1A1 which is what it sounds like: a port of Marathon 1 to Aleph One. There are a handful of slight differences, but if you just want to experience the game, and can't get the original game to work but can run A1, I'd recommend that. You can download it here, from the "Complete Scenarios to Download" section of the same page.
Zott
Vidmaster

My suggestions to you are as follows.

I'm not sure why you even need HFV explorer. In the Basilisk folder there should another folder called "virtual desktop". Drop the .sit file for Marathon into that folder in the compressed state. Next, start Basilisk and that file should appear on the desktop. Proceed to unstuff the .sit file from within Basilisk. If all you are getting is Icon, I am guessing that there is either an incomplete download, transfer, or unsuffing. You could try a newer/older version of stuffit and see if the same problem occurs.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
Ness199X
Spazeroid

I was finally able to unpack all the files (executable, maps, etc), but I got an error saying that the program that created it could not be identified. I know that there is a way to fix this, but how?