BasiliskII

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.

Post Sep 13th '06, 15:42

I've seen the Trilogy packed in an OS 7 emulator called BasiliskII and I have a few questions.

1) It's designed for Windows users. Is there any way to get it working on an Intel Mac?

2) Is there any way to transport maps and physics files to and from OS X and OS 7? Memory Stick maybe?

3) Does the lan support direct you to Bungie or MariusNet?

These questions are for future concerns, as I have only just started playing around with Forge.

Lugas

Post Sep 13th '06, 19:29

how about u just install OS9 on ur mac, then u have classic to run all those programs

way way better than an emulator

and you'll still have OSX just then you'll have classic

classic would be an application then i believe
Masked boy
Ontario

Post Sep 13th '06, 20:01

Lugas wrote:
Is there any way to get it working on an Intel Mac?

Read this statement again.

Lugas

Post Sep 14th '06, 01:44

Let me try answer these...

1) It's designed for Windows users. Is there any way to get it working on an Intel Mac?

How is it designed for Windows? Besides being put into a Zip, the file inside should be a hard drive image, hopefully compatible with any version of Sheepshaver or Batilisk II that support Hard Drive images. EDIT: I understand that you mean the Application, you'll have to download that for Mac OS X, but the disk image will be compatible, extract that and use it.

Though the pack is for Batilisk II, I have got it working under sheepshaver flawlessly, so there shouldn't be any compatibility problems with a hard drive image. Plus it doesn't have any registries or resources to my knowledge, so it should "Just Work".

Sheepshaver works on Intel Macs if I reclal correctly, and should read any Disk Images that its older versions did.
http://www.gibix.net/dokuwiki/en:projects:sheepshaver

2) Is there any way to transport maps and physics files to and from OS X and OS 7? Memory Stick maybe?

Memory stick is unlikely since it would have to appear as a CD rom or hard drive device for Sheepshaver/Batillisk II. Plus, I doubt they even had memory sticks that are compatibile with OS 7, so the OS would have trouble with it.

As for moving files to and from OS X and system 7, I reccomend any of the following:
*E-mailing files to and from the emulator, requires an internet connection through the emulator. (Put Ip of emulator through TCP/IP control panel and it should work). Try a browser such as iCab for this, or other convient program.
*Networking files to and from OS7, but probably more difficult since networking support is likely not designed for between OS 7 virtual and OSX physical.
*Use the "My Computer" Disk option to see your OS X hard drive as a Disk Image, Copy and paste to your content. [I only know about this on Windows Platform, don't have OS X] Be sure to Zip/sit it for best results (Especially if on PC, which you are not but mentioning for helpful reasons.)
*Try to open disk images of Sheepshaver/Batilisk II with a program under OS X and extract the files that way.

3) Does the lan support direct you to Bungie or MariusNet?

Uhh what? The classic version of Aleph One doesn't connect to the internet, nor did the regular Marathon. So neither Bungie or MariusNet are supported. As for Lan support, I have no clue, as I havn't tried Networking emulators... I doubt you could play yourself.
Last edited by Zott on Sep 14th '06, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Sep 16th '06, 19:32

It was called LAN, so I guess you must have been able to play with connected computers.

Lugas

Return to Editors, Emulation, Etcetera