3d Images!

The best of the Pfhorums.
megabyte
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:Why bother--I don't think The One is thick-skinned enough to survive in the open source software world.
i think you should post it so i can test it and find bugs so he can improve his code
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:Because it's all about you--did you ever consider maybe that's why The One quit?
Do I sense sarcasm?

He made something out of the good of his heart for us to use. When nobody used it, he left. I don't think that it is unruly to ask for a simple link, something which would have taken less time to copy and paste than we have spent arguing. I, personally, did not mean to sound all important, it just seemed to me that editing the program isn't the only reason to download it (though I would helped have if The One was still working on it). It was a "Well, Duh" type of post, and if you took it as "Because it's all about me!" then I apologize for the misinterpretation and ask again for a link.
Can't speel for hist.
irons
Vidmaster

The One just wasn't cut out for the fast-paced world of software development. The full-sized/fluid-proof devKeyboard that Sourceforge hands out to every project leader was probably useless to his non-fat, non-greasy fingers. I really can't think of a more worthless individual. I'm glad he took up his little toybox of failure and left. Besides, I'm looking at his stupid source code now thanks to Kazaa.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

The One clearly has serious emotional issues. That's my theory as to why his code is so damn awesome, and yet it'll never get anywhere. To think, the only thing stopping us from using his new 3D metaserver, is his quitting attitude. What a baby.
irons
Vidmaster

W'rk, you truly are a god of development. Your description was exactly what I was trying to say. Programming isn't just a science, it's an art, and when the artist is too busy seeing his psychiatrist, he might be able to stretch canvas, but he can't paint shit. Know what I mean?
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Could somebody just post the freaking link?
Can't speel for hist.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

irons wrote:W'rk, you truly are a god of development.
I know! The only thing allowing my disgustingly fat body to get through doorways is the waterfall of grease that pours out of me constantly. It reduces the friction just enough to squeeze by.
irons
Vidmaster

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Could somebody just post the freaking link?
yeah, it's right here: http:// .

Edit: shit, I don't know what's going on. It's like the link gets filtered out. W'rk, can you try linking to the greaseless motherfucker's site?
Last edited by irons on Oct 29th '07, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Ok irons, that's just mean. Fine fine, I'll post the real link: http:// .

Edit: OK WTF is going on here...
Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Oct 29th '07, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
irons
Vidmaster

I'm gonna try using some greasefat skills to un-filter the link. Until then, the rest of you keep refreshing this page to see if the filter get broken.
Dodopod
Cyborg

Post the URL for the page but change all the .'s to (dot)s and don't put http:// before it.
Counter Attack on the Meta
irons
Vidmaster

I've already tried that, so let me show you the result: LINK!
Dodopod
Cyborg

Maybe type what to search in order to find it or something.
Counter Attack on the Meta
irons
Vidmaster

Yeah, good thinking. You should take a look at Google of the Sourceforge search page and look for id0x9B5:TERMISFORBIDDEN.

EDIT: I can't believe this. Someone wrote a really impressive filter.
Last edited by irons on Oct 29th '07, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
The Thug
Vidmaster

Who would have thunk it?!?
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
CryoS
Vidmaster

are ya just jerkin around, or what?
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
treellama
Vidmaster

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Do I sense sarcasm?

He made something out of the good of his heart for us to use. When nobody used it, he left. I don't think that it is unruly to ask for a simple link, something which would have taken less time to copy and paste than we have spent arguing. I, personally, did not mean to sound all important, it just seemed to me that editing the program isn't the only reason to download it (though I would helped have if The One was still working on it). It was a "Well, Duh" type of post, and if you took it as "Because it's all about me!" then I apologize for the misinterpretation and ask again for a link.
LOL, I was just joshing you. I think the real reason he left is because we wouldn't merge his bizarre Windows-only code (C#? WTF) into mainline Aleph One.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Whenever i attempted a search I usually found 3000 unrelated results that would not yield his project. Never did find the right combination of keywords. Oh well, I don't have those kind of glasses anyway but it would have been neat to look at.

@Treellama: really why did he use C#? Does his project even work on macs?

I only ask this because I have no idea how different the various programing languages are. Would it be possible make changes to the code to the language AlephOne uses, or would doing so be like starting from scratch?
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Oct 30th '07, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
megabyte
Vidmaster

herecomethej2000 wrote:Whenever i attempted a search I usually found 3000 unrelated results that would not yield his project. Never did find the right combination of keywords.
same here

i would really like to see this
it looks amazing
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
[viral]
treellama
Vidmaster

Not like it matters now, anyway, he disabled downloads. Probably due to irons's cruelty.

Irons said something about Kazaa, maybe it's on there.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

so nobody dled it and has a copy? Anyway, not very mature of him. As an artist you have to be prepared to take criticism from those both those who don't matter, and those who do, and be able to distinguish and learn.
irons
Vidmaster

Like we said, the "man" was no artist. He was a crybaby.
epstein
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:Like we said, the "man" was no artist. He was a crybaby.
Yeah, he never answered any of my PMs, either. Personally, though, I thought his work was well-intentioned but ended up visually hideous. You're really not missing out on much.
Last edited by epstein on Oct 30th '07, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
~if I had a rocket launcher, I'd make someone~
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

So treellama, You wouldn't be willing to do something like this as a new feature for the next version would you? [MWuh]
megabyte
Vidmaster

herecomethej2000 wrote:So treellama, You wouldn't be willing to do something like this as a new feature for the next version would you? [MWuh]
lets hope so
Favorite quote
[viral]