3d Images!

The best of the Pfhorums.
willbill808
Born on Board

I managed to Photoshop a picture so that a sprite of a fighter appears to be 3D. Squint and you will see the terror of a green fighter swinging his staff at you. So squint, Ty'Cho says!
Attachments
3dFighter.jpg
3dFighter.jpg (112.45 KiB) Viewed 18416 times
"So, next time you're at a convention with us, instead of asking me to do Bob's flaming death scream for the umpteeth time, ask to see my..... eyes. We'll all have a good laugh."
-Doug
Henshin
Cyborg

DUDE!

We now totally need a version of Aleph One designed to work with 3-D glasses.
Life is something that is far too important to be taken seriously, especially on an internet forum.
willbill808
Born on Board

Henshin wrote:DUDE!

I agree! It will be hard though, since we have limited people willing to do such a task. It would have to produce a second image and offset it from the first image, and have it be virtually a human eye's width apart. Hard, but I see it as doable.
As for 3D sprites, I don't know what to tell you. Seems like 3D sprites would be the next phase in a project like this.
"So, next time you're at a convention with us, instead of asking me to do Bob's flaming death scream for the umpteeth time, ask to see my..... eyes. We'll all have a good laugh."
-Doug
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

incredible
Zott
Vidmaster

Well, there are always those 3D glasses...
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
willbill808
Born on Board

Yet another one... this has more depth to it.
Attachments
Cyborg3d.jpg
Cyborg3d.jpg (89.86 KiB) Viewed 18107 times
-Doug
willbill808
Born on Board

More 3D stuff... this time of some maps. These are incredibly easy to make. All you need is the ability to take screenshots, a calm and still map (no aliens that could get in the way), and basic Photoshop skills.

Here's how Ty'Cho makes these images.
1) He opens up a map. Marathon 2 netmaps work the best.

2) He searches the level of his choice for a good point for a screenshot.

3) While still, he takes that shot.

4) And now, carefully, he moves a few inches to the right.

5) He takes another shot.

6) Then, he fires up Photoshop and opens the two images up.

7) He creates a new window that is 2048 wide by 768 tall.

8) He copies the first image, and pastes it on the left edge of the new document.

9) He copies the second image and pastes this on the right edge of the new document.

10) Now, there should be no noticeable blank space between the two images. Ty'Cho despises blank space.

11) He scales the entire image down to a reasonable size, 1024 wide by 384 tall.

12) Then, Ty'Cho crosses his eyes. And crosses them. And crosses them. Until Tycho can cross his eyes no more. If Ty'Cho cannot get the amazing 3D image to appear, then Ty'Cho needs glasses.

13) Now you try.
Attachments
Thunderdome.jpg
Thunderdome.jpg (395.67 KiB) Viewed 17959 times
ShangriLa.jpg
ShangriLa.jpg (352.96 KiB) Viewed 17957 times
Duality3D.jpg
Duality3D.jpg (397.52 KiB) Viewed 18057 times
-Doug
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

Man nice graphics on that. You should release a version somewhere for download that makes the wepons 3d and stuff.
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT
megabyte
Vidmaster

willbill808 wrote:I managed to Photoshop a picture so that a sprite of a fighter appears to be 3D. Squint and you will see the terror of a green fighter swinging his staff at you. So squint, Ty'Cho says!
ask treellama about implementing this as a visual option with a special shapes set or mml
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
Zott
Vidmaster

I can't get the map ones to work for me. Plus it looks like you did something to that Cyborg...
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
CryoS
Vidmaster

i've made my own pic (used the original fighter from your pic) and made a somewhat enhancement of my own
[attachment=918:My_3d_fighter.JPG]
the one on the top is the right one.. took wrong file
Attachments
Turret_Defense_Scenario.zip
(107.48 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
My_3d_fighter.JPG
My_3d_fighter.JPG (58.2 KiB) Viewed 17919 times
My_3d_fighter.JPG
My_3d_fighter.JPG (8.6 KiB) Viewed 17864 times
Last edited by CryoS on Aug 31st '07, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

We should have a button on A1 that when you push it will make it compatable with those old red-and-blue 3D glasses!

*Basically, make kinda a red duplicate and a blue duplicate of each of them kinda overlaping, i think thats how it works.
willbill808
Born on Board

Packard20 wrote:We should have a button on A1 that when you push it will make it compatable with those old red-and-blue 3D glasses!

*Basically, make kinda a red duplicate and a blue duplicate of each of them kinda overlaping, i think thats how it works.
That would be sweet! We don't even need it to be red and blue, we could just use clear 3d glasses and have the image be true color. I have no idea where to buy those things though... well let's not worry about that until that feature actually comes out.
-Doug
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

willbill808 wrote:we could just use clear 3d glasses and have the image be true color
*snicker*
Can't speel for hist.
The One
Born on Board

Alright guys, I've created a fork of alephone that can do this. I'm just waiting for sourceforge to accept the project and I'll give you guys the link. It's pretty awesome already, and can't wait for you guys to create more content for this!
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Phortiphy wrote:*snicker*
he meant the lenses with shutters, not the colored ones. keep your arrogance to yourself.
dude, seriously. dude.
megabyte
Vidmaster

The One wrote:Alright guys, I've created a fork of alephone that can do this. I'm just waiting for sourceforge to accept the project and I'll give you guys the link. It's pretty awesome already, and can't wait for you guys to create more content for this!
MARATHONBLUERED3DSOURCEFORGE=AWESOME
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
[viral]
soulblighter
Cyborg

Ooh!
I can't wait!
[viral]
Nobody hipped me to that, dude.
I will blight your soul!
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

thermoplyae wrote:he meant the lenses with shutters, not the colored ones. keep your arrogance to yourself.
never heard of them...
Can't speel for hist.
Bridget
Mjolnir Mark IV

thermoplyae wrote:keep your arrogance to yourself.
Don't be so hard on him, Thermo. Phortiphy fully, 102%, understands every aspect of the Marathon trilogy storyline, a truly amazing feat to accomplish. So I think he's earned the right to be at least just a little bit arrogant.
Alan wrote:QUOTE(Alan @ Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM) Also why is Bridget a guy yet he looks so pretty?
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Phortiphy wrote:never heard of them...
this is my point
Bridget wrote:Don't be so hard on him, Thermo. Phortiphy fully, 102%, understands every aspect of the Marathon trilogy storyline, a truly amazing feat to accomplish. So I think he's earned the right to be at least just a little bit arrogant.
if i have questions about the marathon storyline, phortiphy will be the first person i turn to. other things are fair game.
dude, seriously. dude.
willbill808
Born on Board

Well, that should be sweet when the 3d Aleph One comes out!
-Doug
megabyte
Vidmaster

Phortiphy wrote:never heard of them...
try something like this maybe
Last edited by megabyte on Sep 1st '07, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite quote
[viral]
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yeah. but if we do that we need a button that will 'switch' it to 3d mode, for the red and blue and the clear kind *but i dunno where you get those* the red and blue, heres how it works.

One eye picks up the blue colors and the other picks up the red. That kinda makes it like regular vision, because your seeing 2 differnt pictures. thats what my science teahcer said onetime. This would be a cool project and i really hope we can get it in the next release of A1.

there was a NES game that did this. i think it was rad racer. and if you pressed SELECT it would make all the sprites kinda split into a blue and red overlaipng copy and if you had the red and blue 3d glasses it would appear somewhat 3d. maybe we should start makeing copies of sprites like this. *good thing my windows xp came with photoshop*
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3d_glasses this is perfect. find some red-and-blue 3d glasses to look at the pics that look a bit werid. also read the stuff near them they talk about how it works.