RyokoTK is single-handedly ruining the community

The best of the Pfhorums.
The One
Born on Board

Quote from here.
Shadowbreaker wrote:When the Pfhorums were down, we'd all meet up in chatroom alephone and be "hey the pfhorums r down lets go play some marathon". But ever since that thing was locked up, the only chat we could go to was #alephone, which when tux0beliver gave it to Urben, your influence and map pack just took it over, and in your attempts to make everything mature and well behaved by enforcing rules and being the big scary admin, you simply ruined the novelty and spirit the community had.
I've been lurking here ever since you guys fucked me over, but this is one thing I can actually agree with.

Discuss.
Jim
Cyborg

wow you are a brave one
I don't care anymore.
irons
Vidmaster

Oh God, not you. You know what? Fuck off. Ryoko is my personal friend, and you don't know shit about what he's gone through in his time as admin. OK? Just fuck yourself.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Better watch out, The One. I've been known to irrationally ban people.
Jim
Cyborg

not to mention the fact that he is keeping this place from falling into a shithole of spambots and assholes.
I don't care anymore.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Jim wrote:not to mention the fact that he is keeping this place from falling into a shithole of spambots and assholes.
I am?
irons
Vidmaster

I went through this exact thing when I was an admin. "Oh, no, YOU BANNED HIM! What's wrong with you! Why did you delete that?" I quit when Ryoko was away for a while, and guess what? People were whining about how spam and shitty posts kept piling up. These turds don't understand that their own miserable excretions are the true cause of any "ruin" we're seeing here.
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
The One
Born on Board

RyokoTK wrote:Better watch out, The One. I've been known to irrationally ban people.
See if I care, it's not like I say much here anyway. Of course, that would be different if this place weren't run by someone who tries to run every aspect of the community. "You should only play maps that I think are good." What the hell is that, anyway? Anyone that's read my review of your maps realizes that they are pretty crappy anyway. I know some people out there agree with me, even if they're too spineless to say anything.

I'm sick of you forcing people to do what you want.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Oh, you must be the one who said I made maps entirely out of water. Well I'm sick of you forcing your lies on everyone else.

Nobody is allowed to respond to The One anymore. New rule.
irons
Vidmaster

If I were going to respond to The One, I would point out that he's a failure on so many levels: he criticizes brilliant maps with flat, baseless opinions and his stupid fork of Aleph One was so shitty that SourceForge took it down. I bet he wasn't going to mention that. Anyway, I'm not responding to him, don't worry.
Macsforever

The One wrote:I'm sick of you forcing people to do what you want.
RyokoTK wrote:Nobody is allowed to respond to The One anymore. New rule.
MasterYo1
Cyborg

RyokoTK wrote:Oh, you must be the one who said I made maps entirely out of water. Well I'm sick of you forcing your lies on everyone else.

Nobody is allowed to respond to The One anymore. New rule.
Let's say, hypothetically, that I did reply. Would that be a ban? What if it's to insult his stupidity or lack of credible sources?
I am not allowed to log in unless I am logged in. WTF.
You are wrong. Not 2.5. Five.

Also I am not dead.
$lave

The One wrote:"You should only play maps that I think are good." What the hell is that, anyway? Anyone that's read my review of your maps realizes that they are pretty crappy anyway.
I read your review of his maps, and you have a shitty taste in netmaps. Red Spectrum is one of my favourite map packs, and even if you don't personally like it, I don't see how you could really think say it's bad, it is among the most hosted packs, I'm sure everyone who read that topic agrees with you that it sucks.

Also, even if Ryoko DID somehow force people to play maps he liked, not that that would or could happen, he (in my experience) has good taste in maps.

Oh shit, I broke the new rule, I guess Ryoko's going to ban me now.

PS: Ryoko forced me to post this.

EDIT: Also, I totally agree with you, Ryoko is ruining this definitely ruining the community, I mean, being admin of a forum who's members he doesn't necessarily even like for the most part, and who are largely just complain and post irrational, thoughtless arguments and complaints. Not to mention him completely killing the game by making Red Spectrum, TGI, Paradise Lost and maps from Second Quest. Damnit Ryoko, what are you doing?
Last edited by $lave on Mar 5th '08, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
Mordekai
Cyborg

I fail to see how one person could force other people to think a certain way. Unless that person bans everyone that disagrees, which isn't happening.

Last edited by Mordekai on Mar 5th '08, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.
The Thug
Vidmaster

I call for a revolt against such harsh administration.

Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

Mordekai wrote:Unless that person bans everyone that disagrees, which isn't happening.
You're forgetting that Ryoko is Hitler.

P.S. Ryoko didn't force me to post this
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Windbreaker wrote:You're forgetting that Ryoko is Hitler.

P.S. Ryoko didn't force me to post this
I thought Ryoko was a robot.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
Volcanon
Mjolnir Mark IV

Zephyrus wrote:Remember when you banned me from #alephone for 'talking too much' in a net game, which is entirely different to #alephone. Cuz I sure do.
There is clique of 'superiors', if you're not one of them, then you're eligible for any thing... bans especially, you get a small army of put downs, any thing you make automatically sucks, your word means nothing, forced what to download, forced opinions and any ideas become fail etc. Plus, you can't do anything about anything.... blah blah blah
I've never actually been given a putdown here and I best describe myself as:
1) Hindered, since I'm playing on a laptop
2) Laggy, since I'm in Japan
3) Crappy, since I'm good at single player and bad at multi.

I have posted maps too.

Are you one of those jackasses who sings into the mike or spams up the screen with constant annoying blabber? You probably deserved a ban.
Volcanon
Mjolnir Mark IV

"this" is Zephyrus off the plot: he says "The a1 community is probably one of the worst online communities I have been apart of."
irons
Vidmaster

Zephyrus wrote:"What the hell is this?" "this" is irons off the plot. Never did I mention ryoko hacking into administration, moppypuppy as admin
Those were simply extreme examples of where your reasoning could lead. I was saying that Ryoko became an admin (and an IRC op) because people trust and respect him. Moppy was an example of the sheer mediocrity of which you appear to be so fond.
or any conspiracies.
Well, by the motherfucking Pope, the claim, "if you're not one of them, then you're eligible for any thing... bans especially, you get a small army of put downs, any thing you make automatically sucks, your word means nothing, forced what to download, forced opinions and any ideas become fail etc." sounds like a conspiracy to me!
A clique by definition is what you are saying, a small group of people formed within a larger group. Contrary to you're belief, yes, there is a clique. It's awful, if one of you doesn't like something, no one does, if one of you likes something, soon you're all raving about it, if one of you make something, its an instant hit and people can't think otherwise and get away with it.
So, what I'm getting from this repeated statement is that we should ignore what we like and what is good simply because more than one person likes it and more than one considers it good. Can you see why you appear to be batshit insane?
You are completely oblivious to what you are doing. Most new users are kids or teenagers, swearing and cussing to them about using the search bar at the top of the page, or bt rtng lyk dis is unacceptable, even for the internet. Welcoming someone with "USE THE SEARCH BAR, THERE'S TWO AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE FOR A REASON" is not the way to go.
This argument becomes so, so tiring when you've seen people use it for the last three years. There have only been a few cases of "cussing" at people (let's use the classic Nameless debacle as an example). The worst I see is generally that when someone ignores the search and asks a question, another will help him and firmly but gently remind him that we do have searching for a reason. It just becomes silly when there's a new topic for Damage, Inc., Jumping, and all kinds of shit, every month or two.
As a whole, the A1 community is pretty crappy, the behavior around here is shocking, constant squawking and fighting like a flock of gulls (yes, i've had my share of fights), but there are nicer ways of saying "your map sucks" or "your ideas suck" or "USE THE F'N SEARCH BAR", people could be more welcoming and nice.
Count the number of occurrences of this behavior and compare that number to how often you see "nice" behavior. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Do you think it's cool to swear and cuss on the internet? does it make you feel proud and warm that you put something down? other-than yourself, who are you impressing?
I'm not trying to impress anyone. But, as with every time I see this lame "waaah you feast on the tears of others and that means you need to go to a psychiatrist" crap, I can't help but laugh that seemingly innocuous things make such a huge difference to you. It's like finding out you can kill a person by tapping his shoulder.
The a1 community is probably one of the worst online communities I have been apart of. And no, no one is forcing me to come here, thats my own choice.
This is so eloquent that it needs no further comment.
Last edited by irons on Mar 5th '08, 06:23, edited 1 time in total.
irons
Vidmaster

Zephyrus wrote:I'm sure I wouldn't have commented on this if I was "pleasantly surprised" irons.
Did you actually do as I suggested and look at how many posts are good and how many are oh so mean? No, you didn't.
irons
Vidmaster

Zephyrus wrote:I have read enough topics to get the gist.
RyokoTK wrote:It's pronounced "four." If it weren't, all of the puns in the level titles in Marathon 1 wouldn't have made sense.

The topic was also made already. But really, it's not that hard to figure out. Unpfhorgiven? Eupfhoria? Pfhor Your Eyes Only? Think about it.
Man, he sure cussed that guy out.
CryoS wrote:yet another REd problem...
http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2987
Oh, God, that made me cry.
W wrote:Try opening up your preferences file with a text editor and set the line:
mouse_acceleration="false". I personally can't stand the mouse unless it's acceleration is set to false, so maybe that's what you're looking for.
W'rk is such an asshole.
Treellama wrote:This is an excellent guide, with one minor mistake: if you are on a laggy connection, you want to increase latency tolerance, not decrease it :)

http://source.bungie.org/wiki could use some serious updating, if you'd like to lend a hand!

Also, trying UPnP might be helpful before manual router configuration, for those who can enable it on their router.
Don't be so mean to newbies! Just because you didn't post a good idea doesn't mean you can bash him!
irons wrote:We've seen a similar (identical?) problem reported here; the main Eternal X thread already has some discussion that may be helpful to you. I think the end result will probably be Forrest using some other means of zipping the Eternal archive. Until then, I can post a link to the DDS file (although I have one of the Eternal X late betas, it shouldn't be any different). If Forrest objects to this, I'll take the link down immediately.

Link.
Damn, now that's what I called linear-minded.
irons wrote:While I think most people are impressed by the models, I have to give you the biggest hand for how you pulled off the fog and landscape combination. I've never seen anyone do it before; either the landscape was completely foggy or completely clear.
I guess you're right; nothing is good enough for us. We're always swaying opinions so people love our own work.
irons wrote:I was just cruising through CYBERSPACE and visited your page for Shadow. I saw the intro screen you wrote, and have a few suggestions and questions that may improve it. I think the screen was fairly recent (from just before the new year), so I assume it still makes a difference to you.
(etc.)
What a selfish fucker! He's only helping himself!
irons wrote:Be careful. Out of all the scenario announcements I've seen on the Pfhorums since the beginning, no scenario whose first screenshot was the menu screen ever succeeded. That said, the real screenshots look good.
Oh, no I just didn't! I can't believe the good-natured anecdote and compliment I laid down! Ban me now, Ryoko.
Zephyrus wrote:I'd hate to think so... but the sad reality is that he's probably "smarter" here, then he is in real life.
Now, there's a nice guy.

You know, maybe you're right. You're the only constructive voice in that whole din.
Last edited by irons on Mar 5th '08, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Zephyrus wrote:Remember when you banned me from #alephone for 'talking too much' in a net game, which is entirely different to #alephone. Cuz I sure do.
Remember when you had been banned before that for spamming the room with nonsense, and weren't supposed to be in the room in the first place?
Zephyrus wrote:There is clique of 'superiors', if you're not one of them, then you're eligible for any thing... bans especially, you get a small army of put downs, any thing you make automatically sucks, your word means nothing, forced what to download, forced opinions and any ideas become fail etc.
Let's see, how many people have been banned. 3, 4 maybe? That leaves hmm...about 1000 pfhorum members that are in this "clique". Maybe that's not what you mean, and you're talking about a handful of people in the #alephone room. If that's the case your next point makes no sense. We've liked plenty of things from random people that aren't in that "clique", so the stuff people make doesn't "automatically suck". Forced what to download? What does that even mean? Are you implying that we somehow block people's access to files we don't think are good, or do you think we sit on the metaserver and yell at people that don't host the maps we want. Either way, it's pretty ridiculous, since most of us don't play on the metaserver and certainly don't give a crap what people play. As someone that logs games that are hosted on mariusnet, I can tell you that many of the highest played maps are not maps that any of the "clique" members would recommend, so obviously there's no influence there.
Zephyrus wrote:A) I am rarely on the meta anyway, games with 300ms aren't all that fun C) No, I do not use the mic B) if you consider "lol I killed tk with pistols", various "lol"s and "nice shot"s then yes, 'annoying blabber' may be correct to you, but banning on IRC, which is a complete different thing to an online netgame entirely, you are insane for even supporting cross banning.
OK, did you seriously just make a list in the order A, C, B? Again your point about "cross banning" is irrelevant, because the fact is, that's not the real reason you were banned. The fact is, you've done much worse things and never should have been able to get in in the first place.
Zephyrus wrote:You're a prime example of what's called a 'suck up'.
So, this shows that you're blinded by stupidity. You believe in your cause so much that you think anyone with a differing opinion is sucking up? No wonder you think the "clique" influences people so much, you think there's you, the "clique", and everyone else who's incapable of thinking for themselves. As it turns out, many people think you're making yourself look foolish regardless of whether or not any "clique" is reading their post.
Zephyrus wrote:What I am saying is that this is being taken a step further, people are entitled to like and dislike a map, but most of the time I see people's true opinions swayed.
Again, I must ask what the hell that even means. Who are you know tell someone what their "true" opinion is. If someone's opinion is swayed, it's because they think "hey, that guy is right", not "hey, that's retarded, but I guess I agree with him".
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Godwin demands that every post in this thread after 7:08 PM yesterday be deleted, as this thread officially ended then, and Windbreaker lost.

On a more serious note, I came into these forums as something of an outsider, expecting hostility from both the peons and the nobility, and I have to say that both groups have surprised me and exceeded my expectations of personal character. While I still have philosophical differences with Ryoko about matters of administration, he's not the monster people make him out to be; and while I still think some of the "elite" here are frequently assholes to the less-than-elite, they're also assholes to each other (and it seems to be largely in jest), and don't appear, to my eyes, to get the sort of admins-pet treatment that they are often accused of.

As to the general populace, while you are all obviously very young and immature on average, I have seen surprisingly little in the way of violent flame wars and petty tantrums here, most of the immaturity being relegated to tasteless humor and "stupid" questions; though I put stupid in quotes because I believe there are no stupid questions, only stupid teachers. All I could really recommend is for all the n00bs here to be a little more thorough in their own investigations before asking "stupid" questions; but likewise, some of the oldsk00lers could stand to be a bit more patient at times.

And I'm curious, to everyone who believes there to be a elite clique here: am I a part of it or not? I certainly don't feel like one of the mindless masses, my opinion being swayed by a shadowy cabal of elites; which I suppose must mean that I'm a member of said cabal...
Last edited by Pfhorrest on Mar 5th '08, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
irons
Vidmaster

Pfhorrest wrote:On a more serious note, I came into these forums as something of an outsider, expecting hostility from both the peons and the nobility, and I have to say that both groups have surprised me and exceeded my expectations of personal character.
Thanks. You might be sugar-coating it a bit; we sure gave Eternal hell for a while. But even then, with the new version released, it appears that some of the gentle (and ungentle) comments we made ended up producing a very fine result. I think our complaints near the end got especially far. Even your mailing list messages had reactions and solutions to our criticism.

With that said, I'm asking Ryoko to force and/or sway you out of this thread. We don't need reasonable people here.