Nobody Loves Me

The best of the Pfhorums.
Macsforever

CryoS wrote:i hope that that fuck off was for alan...if not...screw you^_^
No, screw Alan mb.
Last edited by Macsforever on Mar 27th '08, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

irons wrote:I'll show you.

*leaves*
You'll come crawling back.
Alan
Cyborg

WELL! I didn't say you people had to use the Constitution I just said it as a idea. You people could have said no. But you people basically told me to fuck off. You people thought I was stupid and ignorant because I typed about five paragraphs of the Constitution. But you people agreed with W'rkncacnter who has a picture of the pope and under that says the pope forced me to post this with his one paragraph description of the current system he calls "THE LORD". With a penis shaped building, a window house, and, a triangle...W'rkncacnter just renamed everything. The Netsplit only has two people in it. And the Netsplit doesn't even do anything to send a idea to RyokoTK or Appleswitch. And for the Supreme Clique...there is no Clique. The Pfhorums is weak because it is divided. Almost everyone changes to the side that sounds better and funnier. So isn't that a bit ignorant? It is ignorant to make your selfs and everyone else believe that you people agreed with W'rkncacnter because you people think he's right but actually you people just agree with him just because you people don't like me. And talking about keeping your fingers up and making people guess which ones are up is kind of stupid everyone. So that means everyone who agreed with W'rkncacnter is ignorant.

So that means ALL YOU PEOPLE who AGREED WITH W'RKNCACNTER ARE STUPID, AND THAT MEANS HE'S IGNORANT, AND THAT MEANS ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO AGREED WITH HIM ARE IGNORANT TOO! So I'm not ignorant which makes me not diluted. YOU ARE.
Ignorance creates the deluded.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Alan wrote:WELL!
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Alan wrote:So that means ALL YOU PEOPLE who AGREED WITH W'RKNCACNTER ARE STUPID, AND THAT MEANS HE'S IGNORANT, AND THAT MEANS ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO AGREED WITH HIM ARE IGNORANT TOO! So I'm not ignorant which makes me not diluted. YOU ARE.
Looks like I'm at it again.
Mordekai
Cyborg

Alan wrote:So that means ALL YOU PEOPLE who AGREED WITH W'RKNCACNTER ARE STUPID, AND THAT MEANS HE'S IGNORANT, AND THAT MEANS ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO AGREED WITH HIM ARE IGNORANT TOO! So I'm not ignorant which makes me not diluted. YOU ARE.
If I read nothing else, this paragraph alone would make me disagree with you. The logic is beyond ridiculous. But anyways, I would suggest that you don't start bashing the people in general have kept the community at least slightly together and not in a total idiocracy before you've been around long enough to actually know anything. KTHX.
irons
Vidmaster

He has actually been around for a while. Longer than you, if I'm not mistaken (although the dates are fuzzy). He's McAlan, MoppyPuppy's brother. Surprised?
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Mordekai
Cyborg

Ahh, ok. I've been around for, like 2 years or something...so possibly. But I guess elderly doesn't mean maturity...
irons
Vidmaster

You are quite right. People of all ages can be diluted.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

You people thought I was stupid and ignorant because I typed about five paragraphs of the Constitution.
Because it is stupid and ignorant to type about five paragraphs of the Constitution in a topic like this.
Last edited by Windbreaker on Mar 28th '08, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
$lave

Alan wrote:W'rkncacnter just renamed everything.
Really? That one just flew by me! You have amazing powers of observation, Alan.
Nobody
Born on Board

Damn, man. Just Damn. Look at you guys. Bitching and arguing about this mess of pseudo-government. Either you guys take this site way too seriously or I don't take it seriously enough. This shit has got to end. It's impeding the original intent of the site and tearing it to pieces.

I understand most of you are trying to help, and I appreciate that. I know I'll sound like a hippie when I say this, but can we stop tearing each other to pieces on the Pfhorums and do it instead in Marathon? I don't want to stand by as the Pfhorums to degrade into the majority of the shitheap that is the internet.

To everyone: lay off Ryoko. I remember reading somewhere that W'rk said something to the extent of: "I know him personally and he's been going through some really tough shit lately." Don't forget he's a person with just as many problems as the rest of us. Plus, he has to put up with us. If you can't respect that, do the rest of us a favor and leave.

To Ryoko: Although I've only the vaguest rendering of your predicament, do you have to be so damn cynical? Please don't take your problems out on us. I can understand your point of view in your arguments, but can you just show that you can see things from our side every once in a while?

To Alan: as stated above, I appreciate your efforts. As far as I've read, you've done the most to try and get things back in new order.
As for the 3 branches of government, it is too difficult for normal people to comprehend in real life, let alone an internet board.
-Zott

Although I agree with Zott, and have a general distaste for bureaucracy, if you and Irons ever do somehow manage to get something working, lemme know. Although up till now I'd probably say that we are hardly normal people, mostly everyone here has proven otherwise. Some change around here would be nice, just don't overdo it and Animal Farm us.
Perhaps Ryoko could make someone else a temporary admin and ryoko not use his admin powers for a week. Then we could figure out if ryoko is really the problem or if the community is the problem.
-Packard20

An interesting proposition, to say the least. Reminds me of how whenever a new president takes office, critics of the old one (kids my age who blindly hate the president, to be more specific) rejoice, but yet inevitably come to loathe the new one just the same... So I must ask: Why not? Packard never got a direct answer. New administration may not be necessary, it could just be individuals f'ing it up for the rest of us. Or maybe we're just a bunch of pathetic warmongers.

Finally,
drop all shit that happend, start a new circle. past misstakes, forget them. try to get along without hatred between eachother. respect the admins desisions, and most inportant, RESPECT EACHOTHER EVEN IF YOU LIKE/DISSLIKE THEM.

behave.
-Cryos

Well said. I'd also like to add that if you aren't mature, at least try to act so. Let's behave like gentlemen, not children.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I think everyone missed the point of this thread. Basically, Nobody (the guy that posted before me) loves you Alan. Let's move on.
Nobody
Born on Board

Aww, hell. [MGrin] Nice to know someone still has a sense of humor.
$lave

Maybe you've noticed Alan, but very few people are taking you seriously.

The main problem with the pfhorums isn't the "clique" as (zephyrus?) put it, but the people who constantly complain and contribute very little or nothing to the community. Thankfully for those people, Ryoko hasn't banned them yet, which is surprising seeing as how he is totally out of control with power and banning people on sight.

Edit...

Alan, maybe (as Nobody said) you SHOULD just lay off this whole thing, it isn't getting us anywhere, in my opinion, even if it is fairly entertaining. If you read the original topic (Nobody loves me), even if you ignore everything Ryoko said, Ashakanar still looks pretty dumb. The ironic thing is, most people I see complaining about the community benefit almost nothing to it, while I rarely see people like Treellama, Ryoko and other people who contribute a lot to it complaining, and they certainly don't start topics about it. If you make a significant contribution to this community, Alan, and people bitch at you about it, then maybe you can come complain.
Last edited by $lave on Mar 28th '08, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
Mordekai
Cyborg

Or how about we all just shut up. Seriously, the biggest problem with the Pfhorums right now is that everybody seems to feel like whining about the so called big problems with the Pfhorums right now. This is not real life, people. Get over it.

This is the way the Pfhorums basically works: you're not a dumbass, things work at pretty well. You are a dumbass, things don't work out too well. Not too bad in my eyes.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Windbreaker wrote:Because it is stupid and ignorant to type about five paragraphs of the Constitution on an internetz forum.
Not if it's relevant. If we somehow got to talking about politics (real politics, not internet popularity contests), it would be perfectly relevant.

Alan, the problem here is that the Constitution is not at all relevant to this topic. All internet forums are by technical necessity dictatorships (except for UseNet which is pure anarchy incarnate); the best you can hope for is a benevolent dictatorship. So proposing a 'forum government' modelled after a real-world democratic republic like the US is just a non-sequitur. It can't be done because nobody here has any power besides the person who physically runs the box this thing is hosted on (AppleSwitch) and the people he has delegated power to (Ryoko), and there's absolutely nothing that anybody could ever possibly do, even in theory, to change that, no matter how much we all agreed that we wanted it changed.

That is the nature of all internet forums: participate in them if you like the way they're run, or don't if you don't. If a forum sucks sufficiently, everybody will leave it and it will die; if not, it will stay, and if you don't like it you don't have to go there. There are still other places too; and it's a free internet, you're welcome to make your own forum if you don't like any of the options that exist now.

Postscript: All motions to the effect that we all STFU about this whole thing are hereby seconded.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
treellama
Vidmaster

Pfhorrest wrote:Not if it's relevant.
Did you read his post? Even if it were relevant, it reads like the view of a ninth grader who just learned about the US government in civics class. It isn't much more than a bizarre adaptation of an oversimplified understanding, which he simply posits should be used here, without any submission of possible benefits, as if we are just to take it for granted that a rather dated, purposefully inefficient system designed to govern a literate, small agrarian society, could somehow be adapted ideally to run THE PFHORUMS.

No, if I can assume Windbreaker was speaking to this 5 paragraphs in particular, it's hard to argue with his description. The best you could do is try to make it sound nice, give him the benefit of the doubt--"not well thought out and naive." But, frankly, why bother?
Last edited by treellama on Mar 28th '08, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:No, if I can assume Windbreaker was speaking to this 5 paragraphs in particular, it's hard to argue with his description. The best you could do is try to make it sound nice, give him the benefit of the doubt--"not well thought out and naive." But, frankly, why bother?
Cause I like to be a nice guy and give everybody a fair hearing, even if they are just blabbing nonsense; unless they're aggressively blabbing nonsense in an authoritative tone and really ought to know better if they were as educated as they claim to be, e.g. a lot of postmodernists. But I'm assuming that Alan is a kid, and I don't want to discourage his interest in political science by blasting him for trying to apply it here, even if it is completely non-applicable.
Alan
Cyborg

Windbreaker. You don't have reasons. You just say things like because it is. Like how typing five paragraphs is ignorant just because it is. I think you should shut up and everyone else should be allowed to talk. Except you.

So... do you people want to think of a different system or do you have some other idea other than a system?

Or do you just don't care?
treellama
Vidmaster

Pfhorrest wrote:Cause I like to be a nice guy and give everybody a fair hearing, even if they are just blabbing nonsense; unless they're aggressively blabbing nonsense in an authoritative tone and really ought to know better if they were as educated as they claim to be, e.g. a lot of postmodernists. But I'm assuming that Alan is a kid, and I don't want to discourage his interest in political science by blasting him for trying to apply it here, even if it is completely non-applicable.
Alan wrote:There should be a system in the Pfhorums that works. Not a communist system when one person rules everything.
That's no interest in political science--that's either using words without knowing what they mean, or pure trolling. Both should be discouraged.
Last edited by treellama on Mar 28th '08, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Cyborg

Ok I'll just for get about this and hope for a good leader, that probably won't come. A person who is smart and open minded to every side of every story and doesn't over use the power. But I can only hope. Oh well no matter how much I talk about it, it won't change the Pfhorums.

Oh and I'm in the 7th grade people and I learned the Constitution when I was in 4th grade. I'm 13. And why is it that everyone I know who is a guy who gets to this age starts wearing black dark skateboarding cloths and tries (And sometimes does) gets high from energy drinks, or cigarets (AND I'VE SEEN 'EM!), and tells everyone that they masturbate and talks about or reacts sexual images with people that are only a little funny with other guys! I'm 13 and you people don't see me telling everyone that I masturbate or I think about rape and calling everyone who doesn't think about rape fags just like everyone else in my school! Oh well I'm getting of topic.

Ryoko...you do know there is more than one (see I underlined it for you) one (see I did it again) definition for "well" right?

And please don't quote what I said if I had another point to support it that you might leave out by quoting everyone.
And I meant to say this nicely if that changes anything.
The Thug
Vidmaster

You're a good person, Alan. You should be very proud of yourself. Keep it up!
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Alan, no one is taking you seriously because you are the only one that thinks there's a problem with the current system.

While I do applaud you for adding humor to the pfhorums, I think you should post a little less often, or the whole pretending to be stupid thing will get old really fast.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:That's no interest in political science--that's either using words without knowing what they mean, or pure trolling. Both should be discouraged.
I assumed it was the former, and I was going to correct him myself but I'm stealing internet from work until I get home next month so I'm too rushed to do things rightly right now.

Alan: if you're saying that it's better that you're here doing this than out there smoking and being a REAL idiot with other people your age, then you're absolutely correct. A lot of the things you've said here are kind of nonsensical, but people should just politely correct you rather than making fun of you, and if I had the time I'd be here doing that. BTW, I think the word you're looking for is "deluded", not "diluted", i.e. ignorance breeds delusion.
Last edited by Pfhorrest on Mar 28th '08, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.