In The Shadows.

The best of the Pfhorums.

Post Dec 5th '09, 23:36

You could probably... nvm...
NICE CAR! but where's the hand on the pistol?
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
User avatar

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Dec 5th '09, 23:44

holding the pistol!! where else?

It is most definatly there! lol.

Anyway, I will be starting level 2 tommorow, as level 1 is comlpete and ACTUALLY PLAYABLE!!! unlike the old I.T.S map.
Fishman92

Post Dec 6th '09, 00:37

i see no hands.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
User avatar

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Dec 6th '09, 02:20

Envy wrote:i see no hands.

Because the hand is below the screen. Does rational thought completely escape you?
User avatar

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Dec 6th '09, 02:46

He must have thought the assault rifle was the cyborg's penis.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 6th '09, 02:53

Those blue sausages are the fingers. I'm taking the guess you've never held a gun and so don't realize that putting your thumb behind the barrel as opposed to around the handle is inappropriate firearm etiquette. That coupled with the fact of recoil might encourage you to redo your sprite.
words
User avatar

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Dec 6th '09, 03:41

Oh wow, I stand corrected. I chalk that up to the fact that the fingers and the gun are about the same color. Well, the hand is mostly below the screen anyway.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Dec 6th '09, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Dec 6th '09, 09:13

RyokoTK wrote:Most of the idiots like myself that persist kind of fizzle out before too long when they really get a grasp of just how much work it takes, especially to fit the average aspiration of like 40 levels with all new guns and monsters and stuff like that.


No dice, you can't cock tease us with the GIBX demo and think you get off. You opened the door for the most amazing experience that Marathon has ever seen, now you must deliver. I don't care if I have to wait another ten years. I need completion. The first taste may have been for free, but i would gladly pay for the next hit.
Last edited by ellio7t on Dec 6th '09, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
words
User avatar

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Dec 6th '09, 10:16

ellio7t wrote:Those blue sausages are the fingers. I'm taking the guess you've never held a gun and so don't realize that putting your thumb behind the barrel as opposed to around the handle is inappropriate firearm etiquette. That coupled with the fact of recoil might encourage you to redo your sprite.

I've never held a pistol out infront of me, so I wouldn't know. Luckily I still have the psd for the sprite so I can change it. It's my first sprite that looks any good at all and that I modelled first.
Fishman92

Post Dec 6th '09, 11:11

Just a question- who is the player? I mean, in the Trilogy, Rubicon etc he's a Mjolnir Mk IV Marine, in Squadron he's an elite infantryman, so what is his chronological role in Sundown? I've a few ideas.

~ The Boring Approach- An elite soldier
~ The Cliched Approach- A new combat android
~ The Predictable Approach- The Marine himself, he just happened to fall through time
~ My Approach- Nobody knows. He was salvaged out of a radioactive, unidentified wreck hanging in low geostationary orbit. The other stasis tubes are empty...
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 6th '09, 14:45

Dugit wrote:Just a question- who is the player? I mean, in the Trilogy, Rubicon etc he's a Mjolnir Mk IV Marine, in Squadron he's an elite infantryman, so what is his chronological role in Sundown? I've a few ideas.

~ The Boring Approach- An elite soldier
~ The Cliched Approach- A new combat android
~ The Predictable Approach- The Marine himself, he just happened to fall through time
~ My Approach- Nobody knows. He was salvaged out of a radioactive, unidentified wreck hanging in low geostationary orbit. The other stasis tubes are empty...

He could be some elite special ops guy, wooking for a sub-military group!
Fishman92

Post Dec 6th '09, 15:06

They say you used to dance along the cosmic fibers, looping rogue around the galactic core, bathing in the radiation of even the most intense celestial bodies. They say you are mechanized of unspeakable instruments, intelligence so vast and coordination so great, with enough processing power within that solitary cranium to outwit even the most powerful supercomputer, even if it was to span an entire Solar system [note: reference to Durandal]. Now, they see you plucked from this eternal joyous dance, plucked from a metallic wreck hanging above a familiar celestial cradle. But the wrought face you see now, is not of your dreams. No, not of your dreams. I see you now plunged into a petty struggle, anonymous to the cause. You are the puppet of Doctor Blake.
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 6th '09, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 6th '09, 16:11

use colors that we can see.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
User avatar

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Dec 6th '09, 16:13

How about red?

Edit: Done. Did you like it?
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 6th '09, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 6th '09, 16:57

Dugit wrote:How about red?

Edit: Done. Did you like it?

One problem: The main guy is not superhuman in any way, shape or form.
New screeny, fixed pistol!

Woops, you can see my iTunes player... lol
Fishman92

Post Dec 6th '09, 17:15

I like the pistol, but why is the player wearing blue surgical gloves?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 6th '09, 19:12

Dugit wrote:I like the pistol, but why is the player wearing blue surgical gloves?

I wouldn't worry, the player changes suits when the environment changes, so in a stealthy level like the one shown, he wears a dark blue suit, and in say desert levels, he'd wear sand coloured, maybe camo suit.
Fishman92

Post Dec 6th '09, 19:16

So you're going to be making different sets of sprites for each level? Whoa, I salute you.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 6th '09, 19:22

Dugit wrote:So you're going to be making different sets of sprites for each level? Whoa, I salute you.

Yup, I am. I need something radically different from Marathon, but with the same engine. And this is one way that'll set it apart.
And there'll be more than 9 weapons aswell!
Fishman92

Post Dec 6th '09, 19:38

Such as...
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 6th '09, 20:17

Dugit wrote:Such as...

well, 2 variants of pistol (silenced and non silenced)
An AR
SMG
Combat knife (fists in some levels)
grenades
shotgun of some sort
Rocket launcher

I need a few more :D
Fishman92

Post Dec 6th '09, 20:38

I gave you a few ideas earlier. See page 23.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 6th '09, 20:42

That gun needs a lot of work. As is, it looks like you just drew a few rectangles and then added an awkward bevel at the end. If you're planning on adding new weapons to this scenario, you're going to need a lot more experience with photoshop (or whatever you're using). The other option would be to use something like Blender to make models, but I don't know how well that would work out for you.

You don't seem to be listening to what anyone's been telling you, but for some reason I'll try to get the message across once more. Given what I've seen of this scenario, you still have nowhere near the amount of experience you need to take on a project like this, and no one will benefit from you trying anyway.

Even if you do finish this, and get some sort of feedback on it, I doubt that you'd have any energy left to completely redo the project and make something decent. You can't map well, make textures well OR make weapons well yet, and you're trying to do all three of those without taking time to learn how to do any. Infinity already has some good textures and weapons available for you to use, but instead you're choosing to make your own horribly inferior textures and weapons for your project.

It's not that I want you to give up on making content, but I'm not going to support a scenario where the creator doesn't even bother to learn to make decent maps for the game he's creating a scenario for.

EDIT: Also, it would be nice if you could try to just take screenshots of the scenario, as opposed to the scenario and half your screen.
Last edited by $lave on Dec 6th '09, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

$lave

Post Dec 6th '09, 21:04

$lave wrote:That gun needs a lot of work. As is, it looks like you just drew a few rectangles and then added an awkward bevel at the end. If you're planning on adding new weapons to this scenario, you're going to need a lot more experience with photoshop (or whatever you're using). The other option would be to use something like Blender to make models, but I don't know how well that would work out for you.

You don't seem to be listening to what anyone's been telling you, but for some reason I'll try to get the message across once more. Given what I've seen of this scenario, you still have nowhere near the amount of experience you need to take on a project like this, and no one will benefit from you trying anyway.

Even if you do finish this, and get some sort of feedback on it, I doubt that you'd have any energy left to completely redo the project and make something decent. You can't map well, make textures well OR make weapons well yet, and you're trying to do all three of those without taking time to learn how to do any. Infinity already has some good textures and weapons available for you to use, but instead you're choosing to make your own horribly inferior textures and weapons for your project.

It's not that I want you to give up on making content, but I'm not going to support a scenario where the creator doesn't even bother to learn to make decent maps for the game he's creating a scenario for.

EDIT: Also, it would be nice if you could try to just take screenshots of the scenario, as opposed to the scenario and half your screen.

Ok well once I get a new computer maybe things will look a bit better, as I can't do hi res on this brick of a machine. Who says I don't have experience? How can you say I can't map well? Have you played it yet? No, so there are no grounds to judge the mapping on. The Infinity textures won't fit this scenario.
And what would you rather play, a hi-res scenario with bump maps etc with no good gameplay, or a scenario with graphics that aren't as good as the hi-res one, but has awesome gameplay?

Now I have just revised the pistol to make it look better, but I won't bother posting it yet, now i've seen this. I guess it's true some people still hate ITS, even if i went away, got some experience and have come back with something a whole lot better.

EDIT: pistol is still in works
but...[attachment=3388:camo_pistol.jpg]
And dugit, thanks for those ideas- i forgot about them.
And thanks for being one of few that want to see this finished and playable.
Fishman92

Post Dec 6th '09, 21:31

Fishman92 wrote:Ok well once I get a new computer maybe things will look a bit better, as I can't do hi res on this brick of a machine. Who says I don't have experience? How can you say I can't map well? Have you played it yet? No, so there are no grounds to judge the mapping on. The Infinity textures won't fit this scenario.

It's pretty evident that you don't have mapping experience. Either that, or you don't have screenshot-taking experience because the point of them is to show off how awesome your scenario is going to be and a single stairwell or a map absolutely blanketed in fog doesn't convey that.

And what would you rather play, a hi-res scenario with bump maps etc with no good gameplay, or a scenario with graphics that aren't as good as the hi-res one, but has awesome gameplay?
It's not one or the other. There's an expectation that your scenario looks good and plays well.

Now I have just revised the pistol to make it look better, but I won't bother posting it yet, now i've seen this. I guess it's true some people still hate ITS, even if i went away, got some experience and have come back with something a whole lot better.

If you have Marathon mapping experience then show it, cause I'd happily change my tune.
User avatar

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

PreviousNext

Return to Legends



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron