In The Shadows.

The best of the Pfhorums.

Post Nov 29th '09, 19:02

Envy wrote:Oh and WJ, find the micro setting. those pictures are awful.

There's no micro setting on my phone's camera.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 29th '09, 19:07

You could just scan them in...
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 29th '09, 19:20

Dugit wrote:You could just scan them in...

WastdJamacan wrote:It's actually what I'm gonna use. I just have to scan them (not take pictures with my phone) and clean them up and color them. Maybe add some detail.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 29th '09, 19:22

Point noted.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 29th '09, 20:39

youre doing that alot, dugit.

Edit: lol i forgot i have to contribute stuff when i post.

Shouldn't you make the first six before you go to Seventh Sundown? Its a sweet name but it means nothing. My project is called Beginnings because its an excellent hendrix jam and its the start of the marathon series. in the shadows was good cause the levels were dark, i assume.
Last edited by envy on Nov 29th '09, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Nov 29th '09, 21:02

Envy wrote:youre doing that alot, dugit.

Edit: lol i forgot i have to contribute stuff when i post.

Shouldn't you make the first six before you go to Seventh Sundown? Its a sweet name but it means nothing. My project is called Beginnings because its an excellent hendrix jam and its the start of the marathon series. in the shadows was good cause the levels were dark, i assume.

Well, a change in style to the game meant a much needed name change, but i don't undersatnd the 7 bit myself lol.
Fishman92

Post Nov 29th '09, 23:06

Thats why i posted. I dont know the significance of 7 to your game, if there is one. Why seven? The name should actually mean something.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Nov 29th '09, 23:13

I think that it should take place on at the seventh sundown of a the invasion or w/e is happening. That way, you can start in the middle of the fight.

EDIT: or it takes place in seven days, ending on the seventh sundown

EDIT2: or something will destroy Earth on the seventh sundown of a week or such, and you must stop it.
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Nov 29th '09, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 30th '09, 07:19

That was precisely my aim for "Seventh..." combined with the fact that 7 is THE number.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 30th '09, 07:48

Dugit wrote:That was precisely my aim for "Seventh..." combined with the fact that 7 is THE number.

Oh I see!
And nice ideas, Jamacan!
Fishman92

Post Nov 30th '09, 17:33

I can see the potential for a good understory here, with the Earth government being involved in Earth's invasion...

Dr. Blake stepped around the office, looking eagerly out of the window. His assistant stopped, and eyed Blake's caustic suit, moving his field of vision slowly up to a vermilion neck and a balding scalp. Dr. Blake was still looking out the window, eying the sky with an unwavering stillness. The assistant assumed he was looking at the sunset over the city, or maybe a distant bird, going about its daily business. The assistant was wrong. Blake stiffened, and the lights flickered. The assistant was greeted by some sinister aura, and he also looked out the window, as if by instinct. Then, at that precise moment, an entire battle group of Pfhor ships uncloaked over the horizon, moving malevolently over the calm waters to the continent. Blake did nothing.

You get the idea.

I could write up this story up for you here, or do you already have a story?

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 30th '09, 19:47

Dugit wrote:I can see the potential for a good understory here, with the Earth government being involved in Earth's invasion...

Dr. Blake stepped around the office, looking eagerly out of the window. His assistant stopped, and eyed Blake's caustic suit, moving his field of vision slowly up to a vermilion neck and a balding scalp. Dr. Blake was still looking out the window, eying the sky with an unwavering stillness. The assistant assumed he was looking at the sunset over the city, or maybe a distant bird, going about its daily business. The assistant was wrong. Blake stiffened, and the lights flickered. The assistant was greeted by some sinister aura, and he also looked out the window, as if by instinct. Then, at that precise moment, an entire battle group of Pfhor ships uncloaked over the horizon, moving malevolently over the calm waters to the continent. Blake did nothing.

You get the idea.

I could write up this story up for you here, or do you already have a story?

I may use this, but I've decided- no Aliens! I want this entirely earth based. but as for this clip of story, swap the pfhor for something else and it's brilliant! Thnks alot!
Fishman92

Post Nov 30th '09, 19:56

War on Terorism!
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 30th '09, 20:45

WastdJamacan wrote:War on Terorism!

hmm... maybe.. other ideas?
Fishman92

Post Nov 30th '09, 21:16

It could be a sequel to Marathon: Squadron. If the Triple Tac was overthrown, then maybe other IFC groups may rise up against the UESG, maybe even bringing the fight to Earth? Dr. Blake (etc) could be an IFC agent.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 30th '09, 21:58

i want to set this in a time maybe 2 years from now on earth though, not 1000's of years into the future on a different planet.
The main guy should work for some organization, trying to take out a[maybe terrorist] group.
I am going to set out the levels as missions, with about 3-4 levels for each mission.
I like this Blake character, i will name the main character that!!
Terminals: these are going to be earthly things like payphones, computers etc, so no random screen-in-wall stuff!! I don't know what to do for save terms though...
Also, i need to put a crouch function in this, so if anyone can help and guide me on how to do that i'd be really grateful [because i can't do lua for shit, and lua- i don't understand it- yet]!
Last edited by Fishman92 on Nov 30th '09, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Fishman92

Post Nov 30th '09, 21:59

Fishman92 wrote:2 years from now

Fishman92 wrote:payphones
Last edited by treellama on Nov 30th '09, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Nov 30th '09, 22:05

There is no way to add a crouch function.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Nov 30th '09, 22:14

you could- i worked it out just now

first, this only works if 'always run' is checked.
in the physics model, change the player height and camera height to a smaller number in the walking physics, so when you press the walk/run key in a1, you'll crouch!

wouldn't that work?
Fishman92

Post Nov 30th '09, 22:15

I tried that years ago. It doesn't work as well as it sounds. The player also doesn't look like he's crouching.
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Nov 30th '09, 22:25

hehe, i already tried that for my game. however, the look doesn't matter, does it? If it's a single player?

EDIT: also, war on terorism was a gametype i made for halo 3. you had the bombers who needed to bomb a building, and if you died you would spawn in a box which only your living teammates could open.
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Nov 30th '09, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 30th '09, 22:36

A player can always press F6 or whatever and pop into 3rd-person mode. It will look like crap. But the more important thing, as I think you are suggesting, is that it doesn't work anyway.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 1st '09, 01:30

Maybe the terrorists could try to block out the sun with a huge sun blocking device.

Wrkncacnter

Post Dec 1st '09, 01:44

Self-plagiarism: brought to you by CLIQUE.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 1st '09, 01:51

W wrote:Maybe the terrorists could try to block out the sun with a huge sun blocking device.

Or, they use a can opener!

What else would they use to block the sun
D?rovací tvá?í.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

PreviousNext

Return to Legends