In The Shadows.

The best of the Pfhorums.

Post Dec 1st '09, 03:17

a big cake.

You should do a rebellion. or a space thing. like two planets full of bobs dukin it out.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Dec 1st '09, 07:17

Fishman, er, the plot instruments (terrorists; payphones as terminals) sound remarkably like Blood of Bin Laden scenario. Has anyone ever played that? I think it was made by the person who made Los Disneys.

I think you should move the storyline a little further into the future, just so we can see the advent of more powerful infantry weapons.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 1st '09, 07:56

Dugit wrote:Fishman, er, the plot instruments (terrorists; payphones as terminals) sound remarkably like Blood of Bin Laden scenario. Has anyone ever played that? I think it was made by the person who made Los Disneys.

I think you should move the storyline a little further into the future, just so we can see the advent of more powerful infantry weapons.

Ok, well i played BOBL ages ago, then deleted it accidently lol, so i can't remember what it was like!
I might set it a bit further on, because, who knows what the earth will be like then!

You should do a rebellion. or a space thing. like two planets full of bobs dukin it out.
Didn't you read my other posts? this is earth based!
A player can always press F6 or whatever and pop into 3rd-person mode

Anyway to stop this at all?

Also, updated level one, there should be rain but i won't be able to use the precipitation.lua till i get a new computer. There are sounds such as rain thunder etc.
And the pfhor is still there because i haven't changed any enemies yet.[attachment=3375:shot.jpg]
Also, I've just finished the pistol, so that should be in soon. Pici is also on blog!
Last edited by Fishman92 on Dec 1st '09, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Fishman92

Post Dec 1st '09, 15:29

I like it, I like it very much indeed, but just one query- are there going to be more creative textures other than the gray brick or similar otherwise we've already seen? Earth is a very colorful planet; maybe you should introduce a grass texture, a tree scenery item etc.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 1st '09, 15:35

Dugit wrote:I like it, I like it very much indeed, but just one query- are there going to be more creative textures other than the gray brick or similar otherwise we've already seen? Earth is a very colorful planet; maybe you should introduce a grass texture, a tree scenery item etc.

Maybe, but not for this level. This is set in a very urban town/city and i thought green wouldn't really work with this, but i'll see what i can do.
Fishman92

Post Dec 1st '09, 19:33

What other weapons are there going to be? If this was today's weaponry, I'd recommend (in addition to your Bolt Pistol, which I think should have some kind of military issue code, like "RT-303 Bolt Pistol"etc):

~ Akimbo MAC-10 Machine Pistol
~ M16+203 Combination Rifle (Facsimile of MA-75B)
~ AK-101 Elite Kalashnikov
~ M61 Vulcan Gatling Cannon
~ Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle
~ M9 Anti-Tank Rocket Launcher
~ Q7-Tesla Ionized Flamethrower (My own crude hypothesized weapon- a lethal flamethrower)

Do what you want with them (including "nothing").

Vale,
Dugit
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 1st '09, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 1st '09, 20:36

Seems like you have something nice going on, keep it up!
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Dec 1st '09, 21:55

Dugit, those are pretty cool! I might use some of them!
Also, i got the crouch physics working!
Fishman92

Post Dec 1st '09, 22:00

could you send me a copy of the crouch physics? I want to see what I did wrong or if it works.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 2nd '09, 07:20

Yes, please. It would be very interesting to see if you have done it.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 2nd '09, 11:27

Dugit wrote:Yes, please. It would be very interesting to see if you have done it.

Ok, I'll upload it later when i'm back at my mac!
Level 1 is looking very good now too, even if I can't run the precipitation script¬
Fishman92

Post Dec 2nd '09, 16:51

Ok, as requested here is the ITS physics Model. Just open it up and look at the Walk/run physics!

[attachment=3381:Physics_Models.zip]

Also, Chinchillaman13 has provided me with some voices for the enemies, I'm just trying (but failing) to get them in.
Fishman92

Post Dec 2nd '09, 17:40

Fishman92 wrote:Ok, as requested here is the ITS physics Model. Just open it up and look at the Walk/run physics!
[attachment=3381:Physics_Models.zip]

Did you actually test these physics? I don't think you did. If you had tested them, you would have noticed that the player can walk through polygons whose ceiling height is lower than the player's "standing" height.

[attachment=3382:greatwork.gif]

The engine only uses the lower height to define the player's collision cylinder. Other implications include collision with projectiles, so a player might see a projectile pass directly through his face that should have hit him. Add in how choppy the stand/crouch motion is (there is no transition), your reliance upon players to have the "always run" option enabled (which I don't), and the lack of crouching graphics for the player. All this comes together as a really hacky and terrible implementation of crouching that was tried by multiple people and abandoned as useless. Is there some reason why you didn't believe me before?
Attachments
greatwork.gif
greatwork.gif (167.73 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 2nd '09, 18:06

I have to concede agreement with Irons. Sorry, Fishman.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 2nd '09, 18:13

Dugit wrote:I have to concede agreement with Irons. Sorry, Fishman.

It is unfinished, like the rest of the stuff. I can't help physics models being weird, I didn't invent them! If they worked like it says they should work, it'd be fine. Never mind!
Almost redone level 1, just have to fix my sounds file first.
Fishman92

Post Dec 2nd '09, 18:21

Fishman92 wrote:If they worked like it says they should work, it'd be fine.

That's not true either. Did you actually read irons's post?

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Dec 2nd '09, 19:48

irons wrote:The engine only uses the lower height to define the player's collision cylinder. Other implications include collision with projectiles, so a player might see a projectile pass directly through his face that should have hit him.

This. I dint care about the others, they are just graphics. But this is the problem.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 2nd '09, 21:12

QUOTE(irons)
so a player might see a projectile pass directly through his face that should have hit him.[/quote]
this could be excused, as the player would still be able to see waht t aim at next, while taking cover.
But having the players head in the ceiling, yes, i agree it's annoying, which is why none of the polys in ITS are 1 wu high, so this doesn't interupt gameplay. Anyway, anyone got ideas for levels?
Fishman92

Post Dec 2nd '09, 21:26

I've got a ton!
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Dec 2nd '09, 21:43

What about doors closing from the ceiling? The player might walk straight through one that is .2 WU above his cylinder, and his view will go right through it. Well, I did what I could to prevent this thing from turning out as crappy as possible. I won't even pretend this thing will ever be finished or usable.
Last edited by irons on Dec 2nd '09, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 2nd '09, 21:53

Hey fishman. The screenshot of the city looks cool. Have you played the marathon earth series? You might find inspiration in them (...and textures)

goran

Post Dec 2nd '09, 22:01

Goran wrote:Hey fishman. The screenshot of the city looks cool. Have you played the marathon earth series? You might find inspiration in them (...and textures)

Ok, where do I find it?
Envy wrote:
QUOTE(Envy)
I've got a ton!

Ok post them and I'll see what I think of them :)!
Fishman92

Post Dec 2nd '09, 22:05

Go here
http://archives2.bungie.org/cgi-bin/findmaps.cgi

Use the quick search and search for "Lyndon Lorenz"

The problem is that the maps are old. You must have access to macos classic to install the shapesfiles.

goran

Post Dec 3rd '09, 07:18

O.K., here are my ideas (again you can do anything with them, including "nothing"):

~ A countryside level
~ A desert level
~ An International Space Station Level (with new gravity generators... or not) [MTongue]

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 3rd '09, 07:48

Dugit wrote:O.K., here are my ideas (again you can do anything with them, including "nothing"):

~ A countryside level
~ A desert level

These ones I will use!
Fishman92

PreviousNext

Return to Legends