Internet scale of shittiness

For stupid topics only.

Post Oct 11th '08, 20:17

After having experienced some pretty stupid things on the web, I'd like to name the biggest bunch of shits on the internet from a scale of 1 to 5 (five being the biggest bunch of shits). Here's the breakdown of the scale:

1. N00bs

We've all seen them, they haunt every single corner of the internet with annoying questions that require little logic to answer and make stupid comments that no one cares about. Quite annoying, but they eventually mature and lose their status as a n00b.

2. Overly arrogant players

Basically n00bs that don't think their n00bs anymore, but you know well they are!

3. Hackers

Lifeless nerds with no better thing to do than to abuse others computers and break through security. They have their own reasons to do but all of them include being an asshole.

4. Bad Usenet mods

If you were around at the hay-day of Usenet, these guys were like dictators, with unlimited kicking and banning rights. They weren't popular at all in that community...

5. CLIQUE members

Self-explanatory!
The cake was a lie, until I ate it...
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!

Idkbutlike2
Reisterstown, MD USA

Post Oct 12th '08, 13:48

Bad list.

Idkbutlike2 wrote:2. Overly arrogant players
Basically n00bs that don't think their n00bs anymore, but you know well they are!

Shouldn't they be classified under n00bs?

Idkbutlike2 wrote:3. Hackers
Lifeless nerds with no better thing to do than to abuse others computers and break through security. They have their own reasons to do but all of them include being an asshole.

That's a bad stereotype. Did you know that security companies hire hackers to test their systems? How about the legions of "white hat" hackers that, after hacking someone's system, send a polite email to the owners of the system about the security hole? AFAIK, it's generally only about 1/3 of the hacker community that actually maliciously attack someone else's server.

Idkbutlike2 wrote:5. CLIQUE members
Self-explanatory!

You will be quickly banned. Trust me.

My list; the higher the number, the worse.

1. n00bs

2. Trolls

3. Spambots

4. Rickrollers

5. Spammers

6. CLIQUE conspiracy theorists

7. Virus writers

8. Bad moderators

9. Nefarious hackers

10. Microsoft edit: 10. Microsoft customer service
Last edited by chinkeeyong on Oct 21st '08, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace imagination.

chinkeeyong
Singapore

Post Oct 12th '08, 14:55

chinkeeyong wrote:My list; the higher the number, the worse.

1. n00bs

2. Trolls

3. Spambots

4. Rickrollers

5. Spammers

6. CLIQUE conspiracy theorists

7. Virus writers

8. Bad moderators

9. Nefarious hackers

10. Microsoft

seconded
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Oct 12th '08, 18:49

Okay, me being a Windows guy, I would disagree with Microsoft being the biggest bunch of shits on the internet. You Mac users are dissing Microsoft like hybrid car users are dissing drivers who have gas guzzlers. You only have a couple of gimmicks and smug on your side. Overall, Apple is no better Microsoft. And stop using isolated incidents of bad customer support as reasons to say that Microsoft sucks. No company has really good customer service because the people you call for it usually get low wage and could care less about you. So please, cut the shit!
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!

Idkbutlike2
Reisterstown, MD USA

Post Oct 12th '08, 19:04

1st its the INFINITYS
2nd i agree that microsoft has its "good sides" but i think mac is better
3rd i just quoted hom coz his list was clozest to my opinion and i didnt want to spend a few seconds making my own.
Last edited by CryoS on Oct 12th '08, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Oct 12th '08, 20:51

chinkeeyong wrote:You will be quickly banned. Trust me.

chinkeeyong wrote:6. CLIQUE conspiracy theorists

Wrkncacnter

Post Oct 17th '08, 12:24

CryoS wrote:1st its the INFINITYS
2nd i agree that microsoft has its "good sides" but i think mac is better
3rd i just quoted hom coz his list was clozest to my opinion and i didnt want to spend a few seconds making my own.

I was talking about CKY's comment...

Idkbutlike2
Reisterstown, MD USA

Post Oct 18th '08, 00:16

Idkbutlike2 wrote:Okay, me being a Windows guy, I would disagree with Microsoft being the biggest bunch of shits on the internet. You Mac users are dissing Microsoft like hybrid car users are dissing drivers who have gas guzzlers. You only have a couple of gimmicks and smug on your side. Overall, Apple is no better Microsoft. And stop using isolated incidents of bad customer support as reasons to say that Microsoft sucks. No company has really good customer service because the people you call for it usually get low wage and could care less about you. So please, cut the shit!

Apple has good customer support [MTongue]
Major Pedro

Post Oct 18th '08, 00:59

Idkbutlike2 wrote:Okay, me being a Windows guy, I would disagree with Microsoft being the biggest bunch of shits on the internet.

Well, their customer service branch is.

Wrk's comment

Why can't I think I'm a huge shit?
Last edited by chinkeeyong on Oct 21st '08, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace imagination.

chinkeeyong
Singapore

Post Nov 26th '08, 19:25

Idkbutlike2 wrote:Okay, me being a Windows guy, I would disagree with Microsoft being the biggest bunch of shits on the internet. You Mac users are dissing Microsoft like hybrid car users are dissing drivers who have gas guzzlers. You only have a couple of gimmicks and smug on your side. Overall, Apple is no better Microsoft. And stop using isolated incidents of bad customer support as reasons to say that Microsoft sucks. No company has really good customer service because the people you call for it usually get low wage and could care less about you. So please, cut the shit!

"You sir! Yes, you! Go take your dickery somewhere else. This is the Internet, we don't give a flying fuck what you think."

Computers are pieces of hardware. Get over it.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Nov 27th '08, 13:48

Lh wrote:Computers are pieces of hardware. Get over it.

Marathon is a children's game. Get over it.
Embrace imagination.

chinkeeyong
Singapore

Post Nov 27th '08, 22:07

Dude don't put the clique at the top of your scale, that suggests that they have accomplished something. [MLaugh]
sweatervest

Post Nov 28th '08, 07:52

Windbreaker wrote:Yeah, like Hello Kitty Island Adventure. It's rated M as well, you know.

Damn you and your South Park references.
Embrace imagination.

chinkeeyong
Singapore

Post Nov 29th '08, 14:17

Why is this topic still alive?

Idkbutlike2
Reisterstown, MD USA

Post Nov 29th '08, 23:04

Idkbutlike2 wrote:Why is this topic still alive?

Because you just posted in it.
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Dec 15th '08, 06:14

There's something wrong with your list, my name isn't on it
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

VirtualX1
no

Post Dec 15th '08, 08:16

Idkbutlike2 wrote:Okay, me being a Windows guy, I would disagree with Microsoft being the biggest bunch of shits on the internet. You Mac users are dissing Microsoft like hybrid car users are dissing drivers who have gas guzzlers.

season 10 episode 2... classic.
Attachments
_______________.jpg
_______________.jpg (46.71 KiB) Viewed 3853 times
Last edited by acks45 on Dec 15th '08, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Dec 15th '08, 09:46

Will this thread EVER DIE?
Major Pedro

Post Dec 15th '08, 13:09

News flash: if you want a topic to die, don't post in it! [MTongue]
Embrace imagination.

chinkeeyong
Singapore

Post Mar 3rd '09, 02:58

1. 8 Year Olds
2. Chad Warden
3. 9 Year olds
4. Boxxy
5. 10 Year Olds

Pretty damn awful...
aander91

Post Mar 6th '09, 02:49

Welcome to the Internet.

Watch for low flying newfags.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Return to TCBY