microphone does not work.

For stupid topics only.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

I cant get my microphone to work. i believe it has something to do with aleph one because i can see my voice in the soundmeter in the control panel and other people use this computer for skype. though i cannot find any options in the sound menu that has made any difference.

edit: actually the only option i could see was headset mic mode... and turning that on/off did nothing....
edit edit: for clarification I'm using an imac core duo..
Last edited by acks45 on Oct 30th '08, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

ack45 wrote:I cant get my microphone to work. i believe it has something to do with aleph one because i can see my voice in the soundmeter in the control panel and other people use this computer for skype. though i cannot find any options in the sound menu that has made any difference.

edit: actually the only option i could see was headset mic mode... and turning that on/off did nothing....
edit edit: for clarification I'm using an imac core duo..
Shouldn't this be in A1 discussion?

Since I don't use the mic and rely on tried and tested text messaging, I really don't know what is wrong. To use the mic in netplay, you have to hold down the mic button (default is `) and speak into it. You know that, right?
Embrace imagination.
eliasj
Cyborg

chinkeeyong wrote:Shouldn't this be in A1 discussion?

Since I don't use the mic and rely on tried and tested text messaging, I really don't know what is wrong. To use the mic in netplay, you have to hold down the mic button (default is `) and speak into it. You know that, right?
He knows this and has tried. No sound is heard from his end even though his name appears in the lower right corner when he depresses the mic key.

Also, he doesn't want to post this in A1 because he's afraid he'll get ripped a new one.
Durability
CryoS
Vidmaster

atleast he didnt post in infinit... OH SHI-
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Iritscen
Cyborg

Maybe the strong desire of his fellow players not to hear his mic work is simply causing his copy of A1 to malfunction. I'm pretty sure that, outside of a LAN game with friends/co-workers, no one wants to hear you speaking to them, and I think it harms the connections in the net game, too.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Iritscen wrote:Maybe the strong desire of his fellow players not to hear his mic work is simply causing his copy of A1 to malfunction. I'm pretty sure that, outside of a LAN game with friends/co-workers, no one wants to hear you speaking to them, and I think it harms the connections in the net game, too.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA, i like it.......
hurf hurf a durf durf!
Legendary

edit: not really legendary
Last edited by acks45 on Nov 8th '08, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

It's better to ask the question in A1 Discussion and "get ripped a new one" (unlikely -- more people than not try to be helpful) but know the answer than ask it here and not get the answer at all.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

my mic works, you just gota hold down the button and blow all over the mic like its a SNES cart for about 3 minutes durring the game, and then ask: "did anyone hear that?"
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dieselfame3 wrote:my mic works, you just gota hold down the button and blow all over the mic like its a SNES cart for about 3 minutes durring the game, and then ask: "did anyone hear that?"
you had to blow your snes carts to get them to work... damn.