Broken Dreams ...well not really

For stupid topics only.

Post Nov 8th '08, 02:17

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk35/ctenophonic/claim/

so after waiting forever and a day to get my snow imac for Forge'ing it comes with a bonus skull fracture, complements of the overly-hasty package handlers of UPS. In their defense though there was only secure and ample padding on the up side of the box that came to me... oh and the keyboard is pretty much useless too. cosmetically i could care less of how it looks- in fact i think it's got character now- but as-of-yet unseen shock damage could be a problem. Plus, it was running some weird-ass version of OS 9.2.2 (had some custom splash screen) and has a nice chunk of burned-in scanlines. anyway.... don't use UPS. use DHL
â?¢musicâ?¢sfxâ?¢texturesâ?¢bullsh*t

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Post Nov 26th '08, 19:22

The things Marathoners will do for OS 9.

yay PowerPC eMac with dual booting.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Dec 2nd '08, 07:34

Lh wrote:The things Marathoners will do for OS 9.

yay PowerPC eMac with dual booting.

i thought about the emac as well- they run OS 9? oh wait yes they do... for some idiotic reason i wanted a comp that supported OS 9.1 ... why?

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Post Dec 6th '08, 04:30

jessenator wrote:i thought about the emac as well- they run OS 9? oh wait yes they do... for some idiotic reason i wanted a comp that supported OS 9.1 ... why?

Very much so, they *Technically* Dual boot, but they have a emulator of sorts built in, assuming you install 10.3.x and not 10.4.x, or 10.5.x

But you can fully boot into OS 9 if you wish too, or are having issues with the emulator.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Dec 6th '08, 06:00

Lh wrote:Very much so, they *Technically* Dual boot, but they have a emulator of sorts built in, assuming you install 10.3.x and not 10.4.x, or 10.5.x

But you can fully boot into OS 9 if you wish too, or are having issues with the emulator.

oh i tried mixing forge and anvil with 'Classic' and it was disastrous. Even worse with SheepShaver- it actually deleted the contents of the forge folder, and that's when i gave it up.

the real overall bitch was finding a non-international version of OS 9 :P

jessenator
The Evergreen State

Return to TCBY