Heresy

For stupid topics only.

Post Jan 8th '09, 00:39

vhat.

Heresey, I have found it.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
User avatar

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Jan 8th '09, 01:12

Hearsay, I say.
Alan wrote:
QUOTE(Alan @ Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM)
Also why is Bridget a guy yet he looks so pretty?

Image
User avatar

Bridget
Another World

Post Jan 8th '09, 01:51

Bridget wrote:Hearsay, I say.

Hey hey, forsooth, what you say?

(Hey is for horses, buy grass, it's cheaper. Or buy a farm and get all 3.)
(I DID hear you say I say. [MOh] )
Last edited by L'howon on Jan 8th '09, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
User avatar

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Apr 1st '09, 14:27

whats marathon? lol i am only in jest. if i may say sooth, marathon is a long race of foot. and on a lattwer note it is a game... a very awesome game... and yes i believe it is heresy. this man/woman should be either hung or beheaded... or should be striped and be cast the mark of shame on thee........or be blown up by a SpnKr [spnkr]
Last edited by Tekkenfreak4 on Apr 1st '09, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Tekkenfreak4
AKA Ranthar Harmonicos
Warning: Star Wars nerd approaching! Use caution!
Feel the burn!
User avatar

Tekkenfreak4
virginia

Post Apr 1st '09, 15:02

@ Both of you
Sometimes it's best just to not say anything



<edit>edit</edit>
Attachments
Yourspeed.gif
Yourspeed.gif (10.16 KiB) Viewed 9088 times
larson_gifted.jpg
larson_gifted.jpg (39.43 KiB) Viewed 9088 times
Last edited by acks45 on Apr 2nd '09, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 5th '09, 11:12

Alan wrote:
QUOTE(Alan @ Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM)
Also why is Bridget a guy yet he looks so pretty?

Image
User avatar

Bridget
Another World

Post Apr 11th '09, 16:59

ack45 wrote:@ Both of you
<edit>edit</edit>


I have yet to understand the Speed Sign.

But then again, if this is all shit anyways, then let the excrement fly.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
User avatar

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Apr 15th '09, 00:25

acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 17th '09, 18:40

Neopaganism isn't a religion of the world? Well, I guess my non-world religion is free of all the *&$% then.
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Apr 17th '09, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Apr 17th '09, 21:31

Paganism is hardly a religion. Pagan is a term that is generally used to refer to any person who doesn't believe in a single god but multiple gods. pretty much anyone who isn't Christian Muslim or Jewish. and seeing as your not a sihk or a shinto follower(and therefore don't believe in their gods) I would say that your sort of a phase you must be going through. Think carefully about what you really believe before picking a random religion because it appeals to you.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 17th '09, 22:09

The Flying Spaghetti Monster will make converts of you all... [MTongue]
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Apr 18th '09, 01:38

ack45 wrote:Paganism is hardly a religion. Pagan is a term that is generally used to refer to any person who doesn't believe in a single god but multiple gods. pretty much anyone who isn't Christian Muslim or Jewish. and seeing as your not a sihk or a shinto follower(and therefore don't believe in their gods) I would say that your sort of a phase you must be going through. Think carefully about what you really believe before picking a random religion because it appeals to you.


The fact that Paganism is a polytheist religion somehow makes it less of a religion than any other religion? His beliefs are somehow inferior to those of a christian, jew, muslim, or sihk because of the reason he believes in them? Also, how do you know he wasn't raised in a pagan family? How does the widespread nature of Paganism make it "hardly a religion"?
User avatar

$lave

Post Apr 18th '09, 02:50

Thanks for the defense $lave. No I wasn't brought up in a Pagan family but I came to adopt it on my own cause I wasn't satisfied with what I was being spoonfed and would rather search for something I can be passionate about and is a little more open to varied views.

and btw ack45 I do believe in the shinto gods as well as hinduism, they are a kind of paganism as well in a sense (depending on how you would define it), though they are a kind that is more widely accepted than, say, odinism.

How atheism can be considered a religion is an enigma in itself. Though IIRC, indigenous North American Inuits have a form of "atheism" that doesn't have gods per-se, but has divine spirits in the elements of nature and stuff like that, so it isn't the absence of divine beliefs. But it's pretty obvious that's not the kind of atheism I'm refrring to ;)
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Apr 18th '09, 03:04, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Apr 18th '09, 03:37

I tend to lump "Pagans" into a earth worshiping and/or Wicca category.

I thought the term had become confused with atheism because of propaganda by Christians.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
User avatar

effigy

Post Apr 18th '09, 06:24

@VBB:Paganism refers to ANY polytheistic religion. Which would include your athiest inuits. so, just out of question, when you see lightning you believe what is happenning? Thor's Angry? Zuess is Smiting? An Absess of electrons in a cloud see a particularily positively Charged Earth Relatively closer than the Rest of the Ground and Discharge?

@Effigy: There's No Confusio. Just about everything the Christians killed believed in gods, Even heretics, Who had to be Marginally Christian to BE a heretic.
What I mean to say is I don't believe they have Propagandized by the christians. I mean the muslim jihad al-asghar( the struggle against the infidel) was specifically directed against pagans(not christians who they believed believed in the same god). The term didnt apply against christians till the late era of the crusades.
Last edited by acks45 on Apr 18th '09, 06:31, edited 1 time in total.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 18th '09, 07:58

ack45 wrote:Paganism is hardly a religion. Pagan is a term that is generally used to refer to any person who doesn't believe in a single god but multiple gods. pretty much anyone who isn't Christian Muslim or Jewish. and seeing as your not a sihk or a shinto follower(and therefore don't believe in their gods) I would say that your sort of a phase you must be going through.

I think religions in general are a phase people should get through.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate
User avatar

Drictelt

Post Apr 18th '09, 13:31

@Dtlecirt:I would beg to differ. If you think logically about what you truly believe you will come to your own conclusions, but once you have come to a religious conclusion its hard to dislodge. Just being brought up something isn't going to set it in there real hard. even religous people tend to go through phases of unbalance in their faith but i would debate for the side of them not being phases in and of themselves. the reason i was saying that to VBB is because i can remember trying out a bunch of religions that were kind of a joke, realizing I didnt believe what they taught and moving on.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 19th '09, 19:07

Oops...I totally meant to say "Pagan = Satanist due to early Christians' propaganda." I was trying to point out the difference between atheism (no god) and paganism (other such god(s)). Historically, I don't think Christians have ever referred to other Christians as Pagans unless there was a need for a heretic, or the like.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
User avatar

effigy

Post Apr 19th '09, 20:16

No, To be a heretic you have to be a member of the religion your commiting heresy against. They Never burned a jew at the stake for heresy, at least not until the 20th century.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 20th '09, 04:08

So you're saying that because I defied my mormon father that makes me a heretic? Cool, I'm just like the Sidhe elf from Heretic! [MLaugh]

and lolz, some people really do think we're all devil worshipers. They think pentagrams are the mark of Satan, and thanks to games like Doom and ACTUAL DEVIL WORSHIPPERS (known as "satanists") stealing the symbol isn't helping to dispel the misconception. Seriously, why would there be a sect of a religion that worships the evil god? Do they think that Lucifer wanted to make the world a better place when he revolted against Jehova/Assyria/God/Whatever and he was unjustly punished? I get the feeling they're just doing it as an excuse to get "revenge" on people by any means necessary and completely ignore all moral rules and inhibitions and just do whatever they want. I don't really know much about it, heck, maybe some of them are actually nice people, but it seems like a joke to me.

Wicca is hooplah as well. That is, the new age stuff that tells little kids they can "plant their feet into the ground like roots" and produce balls of energy in their hands, fly on silver broomsticks, and summon random deities to do their bidding by chanting their name in a poem. The earth-celebrating and medicinal parts from the old northern European origins are legit though.

Yeah, there comes a time in everybody's life when they question the faith that's been pounded into their skulls and it's important to go on the journey exploring different things. It's an important part of establishing your identity and what your values are. It wasn't really necessary back in the archaeic times and indigenous cultures, but with the way the world is so screwed up and confusing now... well...
Last edited by VikingBoyBilly on Apr 20th '09, 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Apr 20th '09, 10:16

No, that doesnt make you a heretic, because religion isn't hereditary. not that mormons are even recognized by the papacy.

You obviously don't understand satanism. Primary concepts are in the area that god created the earth and satan created everything in it, an interesting person to listen to on this topic is william cooper. but he's not really concerned with satanism so much as masonry. at anypoint, his mystery babylon series is a very interesting listen, and the earlier parts make sense logically and theologically, but in the end he is a nutcase. here is the first of the 23 hour series( the first twelve episode are the interesting bit)
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 20th '09, 16:57

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Yeah, there comes a time in everybody's life when they question the faith that's been pounded into their skulls and it's important to go on the journey exploring different things. It's an important part of establishing your identity and what your values are. It wasn't really necessary back in the archaeic times and indigenous cultures, but with the way the world is so screwed up and confusing now... well...

No religion and no atheism was pounded into my skull, and thinking by myself made me an atheist. I don't see how values have to be linked with gods. I have no gods and if i believed there was a god, I would judge on his behaviour using my own values (that are based on clear thinking and a bit on my education) rather than judging my behaviour with his.
In a world that's so screwed up and confusing, I think it's important to start from what you can see and what people discovered before you, and not to count on gods that may not even exist.

Anyway, I believe this forum was created for brainless shit :)
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate
User avatar

Drictelt

Post Apr 20th '09, 21:06

So we're still on target, eh?
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 21st '09, 18:53

Thats what you say
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate
User avatar

Drictelt

Post May 12th '09, 08:10

Lh wrote:vhat.

Heresey, I have found it.

They didn't even write 4 as 'pfhor'. Very disappoining
MP
***Prepare for Transport***
MarathonPfhor
England

Next

Return to TCBY



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users