Random japanese speeech,... if you think you know japanese try and translating it to do.

For stupid topics only.

Post Mar 31st '09, 09:38

sensei: konnichiha royachan, ima, testo ga aru ne?

roya: hai. tsugi da to omoimasu. mainichi benkyou shimashta kara, honto ni daijoubu desu yo!

sensei: honto ni? waka-tta. hajimemashou ka?

roya: hai. hajimemashou!

sensei: eiga no hajime ni onna no hito ha ane ni ai ni i-tta.

dare ga ane ni ai ni i-tta?

roya: sofi san deshta. boshiya-san deshta ga, arechi no majo ha noroi wo kakemashta kara, toshiyori no obaachan ni narimashta.

sensei: kono onna ha kiteita kimono ha dono iro datta?

roya: midori da-tta to omoimasu.....(thinks for a second) hai, midori deshta.

sensei: soshite,otoko no hito to issho ni sora ni aruite sofi no ane ni ai ni i-tta.dono hito ha sofi to issho ni sora ni sanpo shteita?

roya: sofi to issho ni sanpo suru hito ha hauru deshta. ii ko da to i-tteimashta kara, shinsetsu na mahoutsukai to omoimasu.

sensei: pure?boi da ne?

roya:(giggles) sou desu yo!, honto ni kakkoii to omoimasu. me ga aokte, kami ga kinpatsu des kara....(stares off dreamily)

sensei: ato de, ijiwaru na onna no hito ha sofi no boshiya ni hauru wo mitsukeri ni i-tta.?hauru ha soko ni inakatta kara, ijiwaru na onna ha sofi ni noroi wo kaketa. dare ga ijiwaru na onna?

roya: arechi no majo desu. se ga takakute, kami ga chairoi desu. betsuni undou shimasen kara, futotteimasu.

sensei: dare ga okyakusan ni "naka de majo ha abareteirun jya" to itteita?

roya: marukuru san desu. wakakute, se ga hikukute, kami ga akai desu. hauru kara mahou ni benkyou shteimasu.

Sensei: toshiyori kara, sofi ha yasunde, tsue wo mieta. Sofi ha sanpo no tsue ga hoshii kara, tsue wo motta ga, kekkyaku tsue janakatta. Tsue ha nani?

Roya: tsue ha kakashi desu. Namae ha kabusan.

Sensei: nan de?

Roya: atama ga kabu desu kara.

Sensei: nani suru no ga suki?

Roya: tobuno ga suki desu kara, tobu kakashi desu.

Sensei: hauru to kabu, dochi no hou ga se ga takai?

Roya: kabu no hou ga hauru yori se ga takai desu.

Sensei: kabu ha jaketto wo kiteita, kono jaketto ha dono iro?

Roya: itsu desu ka? Kakashi ga kuroi jaketto wo kimashita ga, purinsu ni narimashita. sore kara eiga ni owaru made kiiroi jaketto wo kimashita.

Sensei: hontou ni yokatta yo. Senbun shitsumon ha seikai. Mainichi benkyou suru no ga ii ne?

roya: waaaaaaaaa~! Ima kara, mainichi benkyou shimasu yo!
Last edited by acks45 on Apr 1st '09, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Mar 31st '09, 15:26

ack45 wrote:Some fucking bullshit in the moonlanguage.

Why did this person need to recount the events (and colors of clothing involved) in Spirited Away?

Why do you need to know what this means in English?

I hate you now.

sensei: konnichiha royachan, ima, testo ga aru ne?
Good day, (roya [girl's name?]), you have a test now, don't you?

roya: hai. tsugi da to omoimasu. mainichi benkyou shimashta kara, honto ni daijoubu desu yo!
Yes, it's up next, I think. I studied every day, so I will really be okay!

sensei: honto ni? waka-tta. hajimemashou ka?
Really? I gotcha. Shall we begin?

roya: hai. hajimemashou!
Yes! Let's begin!

sensei: eiga no hajime ni onna no hito ha ane ni ai ni i-tta.
At the beginning of the movie, a [female] [went to] meet her older sister.

dare ga ane ni ai ni i-tta?
Who went to go see her older sister?

roya: sofi san deshta. boshiya-san deshta ga, arechi no majo ha noroi wo kakemashta kara, toshiyori no obaachan ni narimashta.
It was "Sofi". She was a hat-seller, but then the witch of the wasteland cast a curse on her, so she became an aged grandma.

sensei: kono onna ha kiteita kimono ha dono iro datta?
What was the color of that woman's [dress (kimono is a little specific here...)] at that time?

roya: midori da-tta to omoimasu.....(thinks for a second) hai, midori deshta.
It was green, I think. Yes, it was green.

sensei: soshite,otoko no hito to issho ni sora ni aruite sofi no ane ni ai ni i-tta.dono hito ha sofi to issho ni sora ni sanpo shteita?
So, she went into the sky with a man to go see Sofi. Who did she go for a walk in the sky with?

roya: sofi to issho ni sanpo suru hito ha hauru deshta. ii ko da to i-tteimashta kara, shinsetsu na mahoutsukai to omoimasu.
The person who went for a walk with Sofi was "Howl". He said she was a good girl, so he was a kind [gentle] magic user, I think

sensei: pure?boi da ne?
He was a "pure" (figure it out yourself) boy, wasn't he?

roya:(giggles) sou desu yo!, honto ni kakkoii to omoimasu. me ga aokte, kami ga kinpatsu des kara....(stares off dreamily)
(Shits herself laughing) Yes, really! He was really cool, I think. His eyes were blue, his hair was blonde...(mental masturbation)

sensei: ato de, ijiwaru na onna no hito ha sofi no boshiya ni hauru wo mitsukeri ni i-tta.?hauru ha soko ni ina??? kara, ijiwaru na onna ha sofi ni noroi wo kaketa. dare ga ijiwaru na onna?
Afterwards, a mean [bullying] woman went to Sofi's hat store to find Howl. "Is Howl here"? And, the old woman put a curse on Sofi. Who was this mean woman?

roya: arechi no majo desu. se ga takakute, kami ga chairoi desu. betsuni undou shimasen kara, futotteimasu.
She was the witch of the wasteland. She was round, and her hair was brown. She couldn't drive really, so she was [a fatass???] (This is bad grammar.)

Okay, I got bored, and it's just about time to go to the Circle K to go get some more beers. Do you really need me to translate the whole thing?
Why do you need to know the meaning of this? Will I get compensated in some fashion for wasting another 2 minutes on this? Beer isn't so expensive in Japan, but my time is worth a lot to me, or something like that.
Last edited by Kurinn on Mar 31st '09, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Kurinn

Post Mar 31st '09, 20:17

What's the purpose of the universe anyway?
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post Mar 31st '09, 20:41

Kurinn wrote:yada yada, blaa blah
Why do you need to know the meaning of this? Will I get compensated in some fashion for wasting another 2 minutes on this? Beer isn't so expensive in Japan, but my time is worth a lot to me, or something like that.

Just get one of these and drink while you type:

It's really more efficient to drink beer this way, anyhow. Plus it looks cool.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.

effigy

Post Apr 1st '09, 01:26

Kurinn wrote:Why do you need to know what this means in English?
I hate you now.

I never said i needed to know what it meant in english.... for all you know I wrote it.

couple of things:
dare ga sofi to ishoni sanpo shiteita?( who was she walking with? past continuous tense)
She couldn't drive(drive-> unten suru)(undou suru-> physical exercise) really, so she was [a fatass???(<--yes she was, wasnt she?)] (This is bad grammar.)

"Is Howl here"?(<- comes from hauru ha soko ni inakatta(<-pfhorums showed the kana as ?????) kara )

pure--boi da ne. you seem to know what this means.

and happashu isnt really beer.( but I'll buy it over real beer almost all the time.)

p.s.: Simmer down now.
Last edited by acks45 on Apr 1st '09, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.
acks45

Post Apr 1st '09, 06:21

ack45 wrote:I never said i needed to know what it meant in english.... for all you know I wrote it.

couple of things:
dare ga sofi to ishoni sanpo shiteita?( who was she walking with? past continuous tense)
She couldn't drive(drive-> unten suru)(undou suru-> physical exercise) really, so she was [a fatass???(<--yes she was, wasnt she?)] (This is bad grammar.)

"Is Howl here"?(<- comes from hauru ha soko ni inakatta(<-pfhorums showed the kana as ?????) kara )

pure--boi da ne. you seem to know what this means.

and happashu isnt really beer.( but I'll buy it over real beer almost all the time.)

p.s.: Simmer down now.

Well, thanks for the clarification. I'm sorry if I sounded a little crass, but I was already half way into the bottle by then.
Thanks for pointing out my miserable mistakes aplenty.

The question I really wanted to know the answer to was, "Why?" Did you get bored? I was bored.

And yes, it isn't really "beer", but I stopped caring a long time ago. Kinmugi is good for you.

My head hurts...
Kurinn

Post Apr 1st '09, 06:25

Kurinn wrote:Well, thanks for the clarification. I'm sorry if I sounded a little crass, but I was already half way into the bottle by then.
Thanks for pointing out my miserable mistakes aplenty.

The question I really wanted to know the answer to was, "Why?" Did you get bored? I was bored.

And yes, it isn't really "beer", but I stopped caring a long time ago. Kinmugi is good for you.

My head hurts...

well I'm gonna be in kyoto all next year finishing up my degree (B.GA. w/concentration in modern languages), maybe i can pay you back for translating my presentation BACK into english.....
^_^ to me it is no longer kinyoubi but kirin-youbi

edit: You probably stopped translating cause of this line

"naka de majo ha abareteirun jya"
"theres a witch rampaging in there"

which in itself was an issue for me to figure out what he was saying.
Last edited by acks45 on Apr 1st '09, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
acks45

Post Apr 1st '09, 07:09

ack45 wrote:well I'm gonna be in kyoto all next year finishing up my degree (B.GA. w/concentration in modern languages), maybe i can pay you back for translating my presentation BACK into english.....
^_^ to me it is no longer kinyoubi but kirin-youbi
edit: You probably stopped translating cause of this line

"naka de majo ha abareteirun jya"
"theres a witch rampaging in there"

which in itself was an issue for me to figure out what he was saying.

Well, I'm in Shiga-ken right now, actually. Gotta hit up the whiskey factory outside of Osaka if you're going to be in Kansai though. From what I hear, you get a nice tour, and then you are treated to all the "samples" you can consume afterward. Haven't been yet, but I will let you know how that goes if I do.

If I am still in this miserable country of perversion and indulgence by next year, I suggest some kind of binge drinking competition.

Hmmm... as for that, I only stopped because I got bored and wanted more alcohol. What is so confusing about that sentence for you?

Edit
I've found that drinking does improve my ability to speak the language, especially where Kansai-ben is involved, but it will invariably become detrimental in any case where writing and reading come into play. It's unfortunate that drinking is such a big part of social activity in this culture, but at the same time it serves it's purpose in many ways. I don't mean to imply that alcohol will or should be the focus of anyone's life in Japan, but it just ends up that way a lot of the time because aside from studying, you really have to work hard to find things to keep yourself busy with here, and it's all too easy to find that as a good excuse to work your way into the beer during the dry spells in social interaction, even though if you did go somewhere you would only end up drinking anyway. I don't know what your experience with that may be, if you have already been here before, but I would advise caution anyway. I make fun of myself for being a drunk and carefree person, but I wouldn't want anyone to think that there isn't a danger of getting a little too indulgent in drinking while studying abroad, especially in this country. After about 6 months, I realize a lot of times I was in a bad mindset and used that as an excuse to waste time drinking when I should have been looking for interesting ways to spend my time here. Then again, it's starting to get warm now, so there will be a lot more opportunity to actually go out and enjoy life. Anyway, your mileage may vary, and so on. All I can say is "good luck".
Last edited by Kurinn on Apr 1st '09, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.
Kurinn

Post Apr 1st '09, 13:55

yeah i was in Aichi from sep to december last year. I noticed the correllation between drinking and japanese speaking ability(It's like playing pool though, theres a magic number that makes you fluent then any more and your skill begins to decrease really really fast.)As for trying to find interesting things to do, I'll be in kyoto, so i figure there will be plenty of interesting things to go see. also fukui is pretty close by train.

kirin youbi for asahi gohan i had suntory premium malts.
and that pretty much sums it up.
Witch the exchange rate and the value of the canadian dollar right now a tall can of happoshu( nodogoshi lets say is 197Y~ from family mart) is like $2.60/500mls which is still pretty cheap considering how good it is. but the tall can of suntory premium malts would be like $5 or something silly like that(359Y~?( i thinkthis might be tall can, but i cant remember exactly)would be $4.66)CAD
Last edited by acks45 on Apr 1st '09, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
acks45

Return to TCBY