2.jpg
2.jpg (64.41 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (63.07 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
MA75B.gif
MA75B.gif (39.04 KiB) Viewed 3618 times

freakmean16

Post May 7th '09, 02:46

very nice freakman, We havebthe first two levels optimized and are moving into lighting an texturing the maps.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post May 7th '09, 03:55

Is there a reason these are being posted in INFINITYS, as opposed to in the projects section or being shared privately over AIM/MSN?

Anyway, the drone model looks nice, good work.

$lave

Post May 7th '09, 23:01

I agree with $teve, but only on the top 1/2 of the drone. If this is the finished product, the bottom 1/2 needs some major work.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post May 8th '09, 01:39

@S-Vale: yes, ebuddy doesnt allow you to send files or imafes, and being on my ds i couldnt accept them. asfor being in infinitys, thats because...

@lhowon: not that your opinion matters but i think it looks fine, the bottom will animate fine for shooting.
acks45

Post May 8th '09, 02:00

ack45 wrote:@S-Vale: yes, ebuddy doesnt allow you to send files or imafes, and being on my ds i couldnt accept them. asfor being in infinitys, thats because...

@lhowon: not that your opinion matters but i think it looks fine, the bottom will animate fine for shooting.

Notice the lack of holes in the drone.

L'howon

Post May 9th '09, 03:22

or antanae, still looks fecking awesome. i think it looks great and needs no wirk.
acks45

Post May 9th '09, 03:29

great piece of reference material you cited, too bad you didnt point out the white circls, better luck next time.
acks45

Post May 9th '09, 09:49

I gotta have to agree with Lhowon. The lower part of the drone doesn't resemble the orginal design. It's still kinda cool though. It's like a re-design.

goran

Post May 10th '09, 01:34

ack45 wrote:great piece of reference material you cited, too bad you didnt point out the white circls, better luck next time.

The white circles are actually part of the original image. If you check you'll also see it's from the Story Page, http://marathon.bungie.org/story/garrison.html#7

It's all in the artists rendition, and I agree with Goran that it is an interesting take - however if you are going for a reproduction with these (And judging from the associated Waterloo Waterpark renders I've seen you bandying around I believe you are) they are incorrect.
Last edited by L'howon on May 10th '09, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

L'howon

Post May 10th '09, 04:38

I like the MA75B, the drone needs some work but it's better than what I could do.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post May 11th '09, 13:36

I've been picturing a glowing orb (i.e, energy ball/power source) in the void space. My only criticism is the lack of bulging eyes...perhaps the antenna.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.

effigy

Post May 12th '09, 13:33

Well, thanks for the comments, I aprecciate them, Ill review the drone and do a lot more detailn, as you will know, im tryin to make em "modern", not doin em just like they were, wheres the idea of rebumpin something ehh??? ehh???, well here are more of em....
Attachments
MA75B1.gif
MA75B1.gif (28.11 KiB) Viewed 3619 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (47.04 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (51.26 KiB) Viewed 3617 times

freakmean16

Post May 12th '09, 20:58

Much better looking - I love the organic feel to it that, in retrospect, the M2 sprites didn't do as well as I think they intended to.

L'howon

Post May 16th '09, 17:00

yeah, much better- those drones remind me of a flying fusion pistol somehow. They always did even in the originals. It would be cool if you could grab ahold of one and make it fire at approaching enemies. Anyway, good job, I look forward to the completion of whatever you guys are up to.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post May 17th '09, 04:59

That drone reminds me of one of the s'pht kr. I love it. The more detailed, "machined" look you're giving to the MA-75B is great too.
Meta

Post May 18th '09, 19:28

I think some kind of a ridge between the white and the green parts would be good. Furthermore, it's awesome
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt

Post May 18th '09, 20:19

Drictelt wrote:I think some kind of a ridge between the white and the green parts would be good. Furthermore, it's awesome

Seconded.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.

effigy

Post May 18th '09, 21:29

definitly dont forget teh glowing eyes. thos are soooo creepy in a dark hallway
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Return to TCBY