Which Shakespeare play is the best?

For stupid topics only.

Post Sep 26th '09, 04:20

I've only read a couple, but I thought that Julius Caesar was pretty cool. Also, I like to sound like I appreciate literature more than I do (I can't stand most of it), so provide some info if possible, so the rest of us can quote it and sound like we know what we're talking about.

gmanyo

Post Sep 26th '09, 04:33

The Oddessey is better, Illiad is actually interesting. other than that and LoTR, don't read books.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Sep 26th '09, 04:47

Envy wrote:The Oddessey is better, Illiad is actually interesting. other than that and LoTR, don't read books.

What about Ender's Game?

gmanyo

Post Sep 26th '09, 06:49

Throw some Nabokov and Hugo in there too.
Meta

Post Sep 26th '09, 07:08

Envy wrote:The Oddessey is better, Illiad is actually interesting. other than that and LoTR, don't read books.

gmanyo wrote:What about Ender's Game?

Naw man, The Shining is totally the best Shakespeare play evar.
[attachment=3095:faecplam.jpg]
Attachments
faecplam.jpg
faecplam.jpg (89.13 KiB) Viewed 2698 times

ErisOnline
San Francisco, CA

Post Sep 26th '09, 16:52

I believe he wanted us to include some recommendations for mainstream literature as well, then again I'm Meta.
Meta

Post Sep 26th '09, 17:05

I'm currently reading A Clockwork Orange. I agree with what one of my friends told me about the book: it isn't a particularly amazing story, but it is really fun knowing all the made up slang that the book uses. Words like "horrorshow" and "viddy".

gmanyo

Post Sep 27th '09, 03:55

[attachment=3096:fiction_...of_thumb.png]
Attachments
fiction_rule_of_thumb.png
fiction_rule_of_thumb.png (16.87 KiB) Viewed 2699 times

ErisOnline
San Francisco, CA

Post Sep 27th '09, 04:26

King Lear is by far the best shakespearean play of all time, if you've got the skills to read and comprehend it.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Sep 27th '09, 09:48

ErisOnline wrote:(xkcd picture)

A Clockwork orange is alright. And again, my favorite part is the fact that it makes its own slang language.

WastdJamacan wrote:King Lear is by far the best shakespearean play of all time, if you've got the skills to read and comprehend it.

Any cool quotes from it? I love posting Shakespear quotes on Omegle (site may or may not be work safe depending on who you end up talking to) to confuse people.

gmanyo

Post Sep 27th '09, 10:21

Here is the best conversation I've ever had on Omegle (Possibly Not Work Safe depending on your job). You don't have to read all of the Shakespeare quotes, just realize that all the quotes are from Shakespeare's plays.
[attachment=3097:Omegle_c...on_log_3.html]
Attachments

[The extension html has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

gmanyo

Post Sep 27th '09, 10:45

I like this one the best.

goran

Return to TCBY