RAY MUST GO

For stupid topics only.

Post Jun 25th '10, 23:00

RyokoTK wrote:I was replying to fier, not Tecton, but in any event you were never even in the running for worst poster.

Well now he is
Last edited by TectonInd on Jun 25th '10, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

TectonInd

Post Jun 25th '10, 23:26

words

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Jun 25th '10, 23:43

That link doesn't work.

Edit: never mind.
Last edited by brilliant on Jun 25th '10, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
"My advise: V" - g pack

brilliant

Post Jun 25th '10, 23:56

Of all the horrible jokes you could make, you couldn't even pick an actually horrible movie poster. I'm sure the film itself sucks though.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 26th '10, 00:53

It's a pretty shitty poster. Take for example the minor use of the blur tool on a few edges or the motion blur filter on the white dots for the "rain". Then you have the jarring yellow background in contrast with the neutral foreground of the stars. This is the kind of graphic design work I would expect to see from a trade school student, not a multi-million dollar industry whose focus is the visual medium.

Also Ben Afleck looks like he is constipated, though that is more of a plus.
words

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Jun 26th '10, 01:08

Hey, let's not start a flame war here. Ryoko was making fun of me, no one else get involved.

I'm serious about this Ryoko: how the hell do you improve posting? If I'm so goddamn annoying, then don't read what I'm saying. I belive there is even a block function for this. If this is about the post your desktop thing, believeing anything I say in either chat or infinitys is a really bad idea, sort of like how is was a bad idea for me to think I'd ever find out how to make maps (let alone good ones), or to think the Pfhorums would actually be Marathon related and had a community that wasn't filled with acidic knuckleheads whose self-entitlement makes them whine if they get picked on and really stupidly angry about a dumb comment.

I've never been good with words because no one where I'm from cares about what you say. Fine, I'll let $lave close my account, actually do something worthwhile. I don't care anymore- you keep telling people that something is wrong with them but not how to fix it.

So in the end, I have one thing to say: if, Ryoko, you belive actually having good mapping skills or a good scenario makes you more important, that's fines, go ahead and think that. Just don't get angry at others if they don't have your talent (or lack of humor/self control).
NXF
uhh, UN?

Post Jun 26th '10, 01:22

Every forum needs a troll.

Also, Zero, you're really the only one here who seems to take him seriously. Stop feeding the troll. He's only trying to piss you off, and by the looks of this thread, he's done a damn good job.
Last edited by aander91 on Jun 26th '10, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
aander91

Post Jun 26th '10, 02:01

http://www.impawards.com/1999/forces_of_nature_ver3.html

There. Yeesh, that took me forever to find (well, by that I mean 3 minutes, which I'm ashamed of). Hope you all enjoy it.
VikingBoyBilly

Post Jun 26th '10, 02:44

aander91 wrote:Every forum needs a troll.

Also, Zero, you're really the only one here who seems to take him seriously. Stop feeding the troll. He's only trying to piss you off, and by the looks of this thread, he's done a damn good job.

I know, maybe I went a little far, but I think we should be a little bit harder on him, whether or not verbal abuse is common.
"Escape will make me God"

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Jun 26th '10, 03:31

DADDY Z3RO wrote:I know, maybe I went a little far, but I think we should be a little bit harder on him, whether or not verbal abuse is common.

I warn ray whenever he does something especially out of line, if you think I need to be harder on ray you can report future posts you find offensive. If there actually is some sort of desire for me to be harsher in how I moderate the forum I'm not averse to it, but that would obviously not be limited to how I treat ray's posts. I'm guessing people have noticed that for the most part I leave people to post what they will, but it didn't seem like most people really wanted me to moderate very strictly.
Last edited by $lave on Jun 26th '10, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

$lave

Post Jun 26th '10, 04:16

fier wrote:So in the end, I have one thing to say: if, Ryoko, you belive actually having good mapping skills or a good scenario makes you more important, that's fines, go ahead and think that. Just don't get angry at others if they don't have your talent (or lack of humor/self control).

I was going to ignore this entire post until you insinuated I don't have a sense of humor. I have a hell of a sense of humor. And it's been quite some time since I've derided anyone on the basis of content production.

As for the whole shitposting thing, I suspect you're 12-14 years old, in which case most of that you can't avoid anyway since pretty much all any early adolescent does is shitpost anyway. But the patrick thing bugs me since idolizing him was run into the ground long ago and seeing that brought up again raises my ire. Deal with it.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 26th '10, 08:52

fier wrote:[...] If this is about the post your desktop thing, believeing anything I say in either chat or infinitys is a really bad idea, sort of like how is was a bad idea for me to think I'd ever find out how to make maps (let alone good ones), or to think the Pfhorums would actually be Marathon related and had a community that wasn't filled with acidic knuckleheads whose self-entitlement makes them whine if they get picked on and really stupidly angry about a dumb comment.

I've never been good with words because no one where I'm from cares about what you say. Fine, I'll let $lave close my account, actually do something worthwhile. I don't care anymore- you keep telling people that something is wrong with them but not how to fix it.

So in the end, I have one thing to say: if, Ryoko, you belive actually having good mapping skills or a good scenario makes you more important, that's fines, go ahead and think that. Just don't get angry at others if they don't have your talent (or lack of humor/self control).

My goodness gracious this sounds oddly familiar.

Fier, in all circumstances, Ryoko does not abuse the 'power' he has gained rightly through perseverance in this field. Maybe respect comes with fulfilled duties, but all people are entitled to their opinion. I'm not trying to change it, per sé, but I am certainly digressing. I used to agree, but I know that that was through a haze of jealousy via bitter admiration.

Now, I will not stand for this same thing over again, but I will definitely not stand for slander! If anything, Ryoko has one of the best senses of humor and self control in the whole group; your conjecture itself shoots you in the foot. Maybe it'll take time, but you will come to understand that Ryoko is one of the few people holding up the community, and his hypothetical 'power' comes from others giving him (rightly deserved) respect. A forum, ergo diplomatic community, is as strong as the people that make it up. If you disagree, you also spit in the face of the entire Marathon community, but considering that this is a forum, I accept (but must disagree) with your opinion, on the stated basis.

Just wanted to get that out of the way.
Last edited by Dugit on Jun 26th '10, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jun 26th '10, 11:58

could you get this RyokoTK shit out of my hate topic please

ray

Post Jun 26th '10, 13:44

ray wrote:could you get this RyokoTK shit out of my hate topic please

boy this sounds like jealousyyyyyyyyy

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 26th '10, 13:46

your days of singlehandedly ruining the community are ancient history, i am the future

ray

Post Jun 26th '10, 13:57

[attachment=3916:iwannarock.jpg]

looks like I'm still awesome, ray.
Attachments
iwannarock.jpg
iwannarock.jpg (48.87 KiB) Viewed 4689 times

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 26th '10, 14:23

DADDY Z3RO i made you an image that should be less embarassing for all involved, here it is:

[attachment=3918:raymustgo.png]

PS: hey ryoko, [spoiler]VADER DIES AT THE END[/spoiler]
Attachments
raymustgo.png
raymustgo.png (905.94 KiB) Viewed 4694 times

ray

Post Jun 26th '10, 14:47

ray wrote:PS: hey ryoko, [spoiler]VADER DIES AT THE END[/spoiler]

Only after redemption, and I run a strong anti-redemption campaign, so I think I'm safe.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 26th '10, 14:48

Community casts REDEMPTION at RyokoTK.
REDEMPTION MISSES!
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jun 26th '10, 15:13

CryoS wrote:Community casts REDEMPTION at RyokoTK.
REDEMPTION MISSES!

Everyone knows debuffs are shit against bosses anyway.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 26th '10, 15:55

not in dragon quest

ray

Post Jun 26th '10, 16:01

ray wrote:not in dragon quest

who the hell plays dragon quest

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jun 26th '10, 16:20

ray

Post Jun 26th '10, 19:43

ray wrote:your days of singlehandedly ruining the community are ancient history, i am the future

but then, what shall happen when the future becomes the present?
Then we will need a new future, and you shall become the past, until you are outdated.

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Jun 26th '10, 19:46

ray wrote:DADDY Z3RO i made you an image that should be less embarassing for all involved, here it is:
PS: hey ryoko, [spoiler]VADER DIES AT THE END[/spoiler]

Im gonna let you go because that image was fantastic, just leave us be, try not to be a troll.
Please explain what annoys you about us.
take your time.

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

PreviousNext

Return to TCBY