S.O.S. Brigade Guidelines

Deleted posts and threads from the beginning until the creation of the Archives category.

Post Oct 22nd '06, 12:03

Modified 10/24/06
This place is for arguing, posting really stupid crap, when you're bored, or for spazzing out...
S.O.S. Brigade Guidelines
These are guidelines...
1. If you just have to post here, try to find something interesting. Don't just post some meaningless crap...really, those are boring.
2. Do not derail threads just to be an ass (If you're trying to be funny...then hell, go for it...).
3. Spam is allowed.
4. Flaming is tolerated.

The Rules of Flaming - Lets make this interesting at least...
1. The first person who posts in ALL CAPS, automatically loses the argument.
2. The first person to mention Nazi's or the other person's heritage as a negative, automatically loses the argument.
3. The first person to post using 1337 speech, automatically loses the argument.
4. The first person who posts nothing but swearing or insults, automatically loses the argument.

If you have any questions, comments, or whatever. PM me, talk to me on AIM, or reply here. Any replies, message, or PMs I get that are in all caps, include swearing, insulting language, or are just plain flame-bait...will be ignored...or deleted. [MUp]
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Oct 24th '06, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
User avatar

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 22nd '06, 14:30

So what makes this board different from Chat, if you can't flame, troll, or go off-topic?
User avatar

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 22nd '06, 18:39

Grayswandir wrote:S.O.S. Brigade Guidelines
2. Do not post for the sake of posting.
--2a. If you just have to post here, try to find something interesting. Don't just post some meaningless crap...really, those are boring.
3. Do not derail threads just because you can.
--3a. Try to stay on topic when you reply.


What do you think my past 2 topics have been about? Posting for the sake of posting!!!

Do not derail threads... well I dont do that, but its just funnier when people post some stupid random thing in the middle of a conversation.




Slipper Chewing GUM!!!
User avatar

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Oct 22nd '06, 21:56

RyokoTK wrote:So what makes this board different from Chat, if you can't flame, troll, or go off-topic?

Well...it does say "try" to stay on topic...it doesn't mean you have to... [MLaugh]
Also, I'm not here to babysit the damn flamers, so I'm not gonna go deleting flames once they start...I will lock the topic if it ends up being between two people and they're the only one's posting in it. How about that?

What do you think my past 2 topics have been about? Posting for the sake of posting!!!

I mainly put that because if you have the time to randomly put a post, you can think of something that's actually worthwhile (or at least funny...) to even look at.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Oct 22nd '06, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
User avatar

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 22nd '06, 23:37

Dude... that "God Knows..." track from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya episode 12 is freakin' awesome.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Oct 22nd '06, 23:37

HAHA, isn't it?
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
User avatar

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 23rd '06, 01:35

Grayswandir wrote:Well...it does say "try" to stay on topic...it doesn't mean you have to... [MLaugh]
Also, I'm not here to babysit the damn flamers, so I'm not gonna go deleting flames once they start...I will lock the topic if it ends up being between two people and they're the only one's posting in it. How about that?
I mainly put that because if you have the time to randomly put a post, you can think of something that's actually worthwhile (or at least funny...) to even look at.


You're confusing this board and Chat. Chat should be moderated. This forum shouldn't be watched over, that's kind of what it's for.
User avatar

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 23rd '06, 01:42

*shrugs*
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
User avatar

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 23rd '06, 02:56

Do not shrug grayswan! Ryoko is now a higher authority than you, so he can use his opinion to de-modilate you!
User avatar

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria


Post Oct 23rd '06, 16:35

Guidelines have been modified. [MTongue]

Do not shrug grayswan! Ryoko is now a higher authority than you, so he can use his opinion to de-modilate you!

That's his perogative...if he feels that I need to be "de-modilated", then he'll "de-modilate" me. [MUp]
The shrug was because I didn't really know how to respond. Really though, he's right, so I modified the guidelines.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Oct 23rd '06, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
User avatar

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 23rd '06, 21:08

I agree with that...


I fucking agree with that fucking guidelines, it's fucking good and fucking awesome!!


(101 guides on how to swear and look like a stupid man)
User avatar

assassingao

Post Oct 24th '06, 02:27

assassingao wrote:I agree with that...
I fucking agree with that fucking guidelines, it's fucking good and fucking awesome!!
(101 guides on how to swear and look like a stupid man)

FUCK YEAH!!!
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
User avatar

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 24th '06, 02:34

Grayswandir wrote:Guidelines have been modified. [MTongue]
That's his perogative...if he feels that I need to be "de-modilated", then he'll "de-modilate" me. [MUp]
The shrug was because I didn't really know how to respond. Really though, he's right, so I modified the guidelines.


I wouldn't have "modilated" you in the first place... for this board, but that's not a slight against you; it's sort of the point of the board that there shouldn't be any rules or moderation. I'd rather you moderated Chat or something.

By the way: did you "modilate" yourself via Godot, or did Switch do it?
User avatar

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 24th '06, 13:54

via Godot. And changed the loungee via Godot. And warned me twice for stupid reasons via godot. And abuse godot until he attacked my post and I asked switch to limit Grayswan's power. Im not sure who deleted Godot's account after that...
User avatar

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Oct 24th '06, 16:37

Actually...lets see...
I warned you once...because you were assaulting another member and wouldn't give up. Irons warned you again for the same reason. I changed the lounge using Godot...I attacked some of the active posts in tthe S.O.S. Brigade because...well, its the S.O.S. Brigade...so yes, that was me editing your posts...well...actually it was a mix of me and Irons. It was me doing the really weird off the wall mutliple coded ones.

And Ryoko, Irons made me mod on request. Also, he's the one who deleted Godot because he though that the Pfhorums (as a whole...) bring out the worst in people (among other things...) and wanted to leave.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Oct 24th '06, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
User avatar

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 24th '06, 17:41

Grayswandir wrote:I changed the lounge using Godot...I attacked some of the active posts in tthe S.O.S. Brigade because...well, its the S.O.S. Brigade..


*frowns*
You call posting any spam good?!
*shakes his head*
Nevermind, you just won my argument for me.


I know that...I was just countering stupidity with stupidity.


Spam is spam


This is a suggestion, I'm not trying to turn this into some nazi-ruled camp thing...


If you read carefully, you'll see you contridicting yourself. You say spam is bad and is useless yet you feel as if you should control it. And you "counter stupidity with stupidity", therefore you are just as low as any other spammer in th entire lounge, according to what you say.

Ryoko, as soon to become administrator, you always say "keep peace and order" or something like that, and to end these arguements is to keep peace and order! And how do these arguements get started? Grayswan btiching about how great he is and powerful, always enforcing more shitty rules to flame everything. The only way is see possible is to "demodilate" Grayswan from this forum entirely. Think of it Grayswan, you want the damn flames to stop, but you start all of them anyway. I think you win it for the most flames started.

You're confusing this board and Chat. Chat should be moderated. This forum shouldn't be watched over, that's kind of what it's for.


Ryoko is right, this board is for spam. Absolutely undisputed crap. Now there are some who post something worth reading once in a while, which should actually go in chat, but thats not the end of the world.

You have totally misuderstood the concept of the Pidge-on Lo-unge. The purpose was for spam, in a place not even Hawkeye wanted to screw with. That is why the topic was made.

Carrier Pidgeons? Imagine: Millions of pidgeons flying in between peoples houses. Pidgeons painted black are 0s and pidgeons painted white are 1s. Just think of the lag! It would become a strategy game!


Does that look like they wanted some bastard by the name of legacy typhoon to go and ruin the foundations? That is like burning the constitution.

More to the point:

This forum needs not a moderator. It needs not moderation. Grayswan needs not moderate it. If he is absolutely desperate to mod, make him the chat mod, I dont post much there anyway.

I, a spammer of the lounge of pidgeon (ok I'll stop with the constitution talk) do not believe that the pidgoen luonge/ S.O.S Brigade require(s) any means of moderation. And plus, wtf does this have to do with Marathon anyway? All this has to do with is you and your hunger for power and getting everything the way you think it should be. And pidgeons. Look at the picture! Where is the dying pfhor and the punching marine anyway?!?! Absolutely nothing involving Marathon. As marathon players on a marathon forum, no one should care about anything like this so much that they think it needs order!

I think I have made my point now. No more arguements about enforcement. Delete this topic. Delete very topic you have posted your rants about enforcement in the founding again forum. And more importantly, be demodilated. This is entire brawl has been going on for months now, and is not contributing at all to Marathon.

And speaking of the lounge/brigade, when is it gonna be changed back? Switch said it wasn't permanent.




-Shadowbreaker




This is the topic of the thread therfore this entire conversation is not a flame, just an arguement.
User avatar

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Oct 24th '06, 17:54

Shadowbreaker wrote:If you read carefully, you'll see you contridicting yourself. You say spam is bad and is useless yet you feel as if you should control it. And you "counter stupidity with stupidity", therefore you are just as low as any other spammer in th entire lounge, according to what you say.


Of course he is. He posts here, after all, so he must be. I don't think he's really denying that, though, so your whining in this regard is pointless.

Ryoko, as soon to become administrator, you always say "keep peace and order" or something like that, and to end these arguements is to keep peace and order! And how do these arguements get started? Grayswan btiching about how great he is and powerful, always enforcing more shitty rules to flame everything.


1. I don't care one way or another about keeping peace and order in this board. I'll do it on every other board except this one, and that's because this board specifically exists as a place to concentrate the chaos and disorder that would be in the rest of the forum. If/when I become admin, I probably won't do a whole lot except make sure nobody's attacking the board itself maliciously.

2. Why am I not surprised that you immediately place all of the blame on LT? Your second post in this topic was basically saying that he's a power-hungry jerk. Not really a necessary comment.

The only way is see possible is to "demodilate" Grayswan from this forum entirely. Think of it Grayswan, you want the damn flames to stop, but you start all of them anyway. I think you win it for the most flames started.


I don't even come here very often and I can tell that's a line of BS, and that's mostly because you're the one saying it.

Ryoko is right, this board is for spam. Absolutely undisputed crap. Now there are some who post something worth reading once in a while, which should actually go in chat, but thats not the end of the world.

You have totally misuderstood the concept of the Pidge-on Lo-unge. The purpose was for spam, in a place not even Hawkeye wanted to screw with. That is why the topic was made.


Spam = posts with no value. Flames can safely fall into that category. Flames don't hurt the board, because the board exists to be the degenerate shithole. Let the flames continue.

Does that look like they wanted some bastard by the name of legacy typhoon to go and ruin the foundations? That is like burning the constitution.


Cut the drama. The name doesn't matter. In fact, changing the name is just an extension of the lack of foundation in the board in the first place. The S.O.S. Brigade existed as a place of nonsense, but what does the name matter? The meaning of the name is still inherent in the board.

This forum needs not a moderator. It needs not moderation. Grayswan needs not moderate it. If he is absolutely desperate to mod, make him the chat mod, I dont post much there anyway.

I a spammer of the lounge of pidgeon (ok I'll stop with the constitution talk) do not believe that the pidgoen luonge/ S.O.S Brigade require(s) any means of moderation.


This I agree with, but not because LT is a poor moderator.

And plus, wtf does this have to do with Marathon anyway? All this has to do with is you and your hunger for power and getting everything the way you think it should be. And pidgeons. Look at the picture! Where is the dying pfhor and the punching marine anyway?!?! Absolutely nothing involving Marathon. As marathon players on a marathon forum, no one should care about anything like this so much that they think it needs order!


WHO CARES? The board didn't have anything to do with Marathon in the first place, except for the meaning of the name. Not even the name itself mattered.

I think I have made my point now. No more arguements about enforcement. Delete this topic. Delete very topic you have posted your rants about enforcement in the founding again forum. And more importantly, be demodilated. This is entire brawl has been going on for months now, and is not contributing at all to Marathon.


Your argument is so compelling. Stop whining. The fact that Switch hasn't demodded LT is a testament to his purpose; clearly, if he really was such a problem, then Switch would have stepped in. But he hasn't, so he must be doing an alright job. The only person who seems to have a problem with him is you, and really, from the looks of things, you start fights with him a lot more frequently than he does with you. If/when I become admin, I won't demod LT. I wasn't going to in the first place. I don't think that there should be a mod, but there is one, so there must be a reason why. And in that case, who am I to complain?
User avatar

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 24th '06, 18:00

Shoelace.
User avatar

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Oct 24th '06, 18:01

Shadowbreaker wrote:If you read carefully, you'll see you contridicting yourself. You say spam is bad and is useless yet you feel as if you should control it. And you "counter stupidity with stupidity"

Uh...those things you quoted...was when I posted not as Godot...I thought you were asking about Godot earlier. I was explaining my reasons for warning you...as Godot. What I posted in those quotes is pretty self-explanatory...and I have no reason to have to explain them to you.
therefore you are just as low as any other spammer in th entire lounge, according to what you say.

So you're calling yourself a low-life too?
Ryoko, as soon to become administrator, you always say "keep peace and order" or something like that, and to end these arguements is to keep peace and order! And how do these arguements get started? Grayswan btiching about how great he is and powerful, always enforcing more shitty rules to flame everything. The only way is see possible is to "demodilate" Grayswan from this forum entirely. Think of it Grayswan, you want the damn flames to stop, but you start all of them anyway. I think you win it for the most flames started.

Uh...since when have I ever said I was great and all powerful? Sure, I troll you here, and if you notice...I modified the guidelines...so now there's really just a couple flame war rules to make it interesting.
Ryoko is right, this board is for spam. Absolutely undisputed crap. Now there are some who post something worth reading once in a while, which should actually go in chat, but thats not the end of the world.

Are we still arguing about this?

You have totally misuderstood the concept of the Pidge-on Lo-unge. The purpose was for spam, in a place not even Hawkeye wanted to screw with. That is why the topic was made.
Does that look like they wanted some bastard by the name of legacy typhoon to go and ruin the foundations? That is like burning the constitution.

Hey, you're insulting my illlegitimacy, and that insults me. I am a proud bastard child, and don't you forget it!!!

More to the point:

This forum needs not a moderator. It needs not moderation. Grayswan needs not moderate it. If he is absolutely desperate to mod, make him the chat mod, I dont post much there anyway.

ROFL!!! I actually haven't gone and deleted any posts (expect for that one you posted about NAZI RAPE, etc...when we were AIM chatting...)

I, a spammer of the lounge of pidgeon (ok I'll stop with the constitution talk) do not believe that the pidgoen luonge/ S.O.S Brigade require(s) any means of moderation. And plus, wtf does this have to do with Marathon anyway? All this has to do with is you and your hunger for power and getting everything the way you think it should be. And pidgeons. Look at the picture! Where is the dying pfhor and the punching marine anyway?!?! Absolutely nothing involving Marathon. As marathon players on a marathon forum, no one should care about anything like this so much that they think it needs order!

Uh...I don't think I've ever forced you to do anything have i? Also...what did the original lounge have to do with Marathon anyway? With that logic, we should have gotten rid of the original Lounge in the first place.

I think I have made my point now. No more arguements about enforcement. Delete this topic. Delete very topic you have posted your rants about enforcement in the founding again forum. And more importantly, be demodilated. This is entire brawl has been going on for months now, and is not contributing at all to Marathon.

I can't demodilate myself...but if someone (with the powers to do it...) wants me demodilated...then by all means, go ahead.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
User avatar

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 24th '06, 18:21

So um, what have we achieved out of this?

All we seem to have done is argue fruitlessly about

1.Grayswan's position as moderator
2.My whining about Grayswan
3.Grayswan's contridiction
4.Shoelaces
5.How bad of a place this is
6.The point of spam
7.Some other crap i may not have mentioned.

And have gotten nowhere except establish the fact the Ryoko isn't going to do shit about it, and neither is Switch. Therefore I think perhaps we might just be able to have an agreement. I thought that maybe we could settle our arguement with ink instead of fire.

How about, Grayswan deletes this thread and everything containing rules, and is less asslike about rules to give the impression that there are so enforced rules. Grayswan keeps his positon as moderator, I dont feel as if this place is so dictator-like with rules written on the walls, resulting in a non-flame ending.

Whatdyathink?
User avatar

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Oct 24th '06, 18:26

Well, the thing is, his guidelines as they stand now make a certain amount of sense. He's not being all that harsh about it, he's just trying to impose quality guidelines so that everyone has a better time. I don't think they make the board worse, especially since it seems that he doesn't intend to enforce them much to begin with.
User avatar

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 24th '06, 18:33

Shadowbreaker wrote:How about, Grayswan deletes this thread and everything containing rules, and is less asslike about rules to give the impression that there are so enforced rules. Grayswan keeps his positon as moderator, I dont feel as if this place is so dictator-like with rules written on the walls, resulting in a non-flame ending.

Whatdyathink?

So you can write like a partially civil human being, congratulations...You learn something new about people everyday.
Now that I understand what you want...
First off, these are guidelines, they aren't rules that I'm going to enforce to the letter (or really at all, most of the people here aren't that bad anyway...)...so no, I'm not going to be less "asslike" about the guidelines. Second, I did change the guidelines, and as we discussed and agreed upon earlier, this is a spam room, so I'm not going to go madly deleting really stupid shit (even if I think its really, really fucking dumb...). Third, I'm not going to delete this thread...however, I will get rid of the tolerating spam and such guidelines I put...

Even though this is a spam lounge, I do think we could make it a bit more interesting to read...
Agreed?

EDIT:
Jesus Ryoko, you type fast...when I was replying, your post wasn't even up yet...
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Oct 24th '06, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
User avatar

LegacyTyphoon

Post Oct 25th '06, 00:09

Ok I just gotta know, heres the situation.

My first look at Grayswandir, came from what I think was a thread where I was getting bombarded by somekind of mapping discussion that I made, that always seems to happen.
At that point a detected the air of an adult, or perhaps I'm just used to taking lectures from an adult, so unless I see that they are obviously not, I picture a person as an adult when recieveing a lecture from anybody.

Then all the SOS brigade stuff started and I'm starting to feel the air of a 13 year old.
But then Shadow is 13 (I think) and he seems to have the air of an @#$% sometimes which is simply uncharacteristic of a young person.

So what age are we dealing with? He is the mod in this place... which is like bieng the sheriff of a town with no laws... but I'd just like to know.

And to those that raise an eyebrow to the randomness of this post I assure you what I'm asking does make a difference. Like in the case of Shadow, considering his age I dont take anything he says seriously.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Oct 25th '06, 15:57

If no one took what I said seriously, I wouldn't have been involved. I dont take anything YOU say seriously because you are a retard who attempted to make the stupidest scenario in history and thinks bobs should live. And I havent for... about 5-6 months.

Just for once moppy, shut up. Your comments always lead to shit and flame. A person's age has nothing to do with their capabilities. At least on here. You say I am inferior because I am 13. That means you tihnk you are superior because you are 17. You could ask everyone who is at least a tiny bit involved with the pfhorums and they'd all say you are much stupider than I.

And what the hell does this have to do with what we are talking about? Absolutely nothing. If you cant post anything invloving more than 1 brain cell dont post anything at all.
User avatar

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Next

Return to 2006/01/22 - 2011/04/16



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron