Testing Grounds rules: As stated by Irons; failure to follow these rules will result in your removal from the board. This is why it's invite only. We can kick you out.
1. Do not disclose others' maps here to the general public. You can host the maps here in Internet games, but you can't give the map files to the joiners. I'd prefer that the mappers themselves keep distribution to a minimum, but it's their prerogative. I think that a contained environment with minimum distribution will help control the quality. So, to put it simply: host the map whenever you want, but don't give them out.
2. Be honest. No one's maps will get better if we kiss ass all day. Find out what is wrong with the map, what you don't like, what is a bug. Post here. Etc.
3. Be mature. While we aren't here to be nice, we are here to keep from making fun of each other and causing more of the stupidity that has lead to some of the great players to quit the game altogether. It is possible to be honest and civil. Don't let things get out of hand, and it will be fine.
4. Give what you take. Don't come in here expecting to plop a map down, leave for a while, get some feedback, and leave again. You're here to help yourself as well as others. No, there's not a quota; however, I'd like to see everyone participating on both ends. W'rkncacnter pointed out that there will be times when people will want to slack off. Take your time and leisure. But if you take it too much, I will consult with you about leaving. I don't want this to be high-pressure. I think it's fair to say that you should critique one map for each map on which you get feedback.
5. No stealing. This was so obvious I forgot it in the first draft of the rules. Ryoko mentioned it in his post. Do not take maps from other people. That's part of the reason we have this forum as a members-only forum. If you use a map by someone else in any way, like making a Rhapsody map or changing it somehow, be sure to give credit. If you take someone else's map and use it without without credit, and you are a member of this subforum, you will be expelled immediately. So don't do it.
Last edited by RyokoTK
on Aug 14th '06, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.