Yes

Introduce yourself here!

Yes

Post Nov 4th '17, 10:09

Hello everyone! I'm Screamernail and I'm joined this pfhorum to share my experience with other fans like me.

I'm a definite fan of Marathon and are aiming to make a scenario for it. (Maybe a series even) But for now I can't because I can't get a functional editor. I'm however not a too intelligent person and might not be able to get very far from here. But I can possibly differ it.

If you want to talk then I can gladly chat with you. Simple as that. Good luck me!
Screamernail

Post Nov 4th '17, 15:06

Screamernail wrote: aiming to make a scenario for it. (Maybe a series even)

I respect your enthusiasm and optimism. Which editor are you having issues with and what issues are these?

Flowers

Post Nov 4th '17, 15:40

Flowers wrote:
Screamernail wrote: aiming to make a scenario for it. (Maybe a series even)

I respect your enthusiasm and optimism. Which editor are you having issues with and what issues are these?

Well I don't know that many Marathon editors except Weland and Obed. I where to get Weland but my brother suggested that I shouldn't and I used Obed when I used a PC but it was very limited. I am trying to get access to Forge but I couldn't get an emulator working.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with OS Sierra if your curious.
Screamernail

Post Nov 7th '17, 16:10

Welcome Nailscreams, Forge was made for Macs so you'd definitely need an emulator. It makes more sense to use Weland; your brother lied to you about using Obed, or he is a fool. Weland for mapmaking, and Visual Mode LUA run in AlephOne for texturing, that's how you make maps.

philtron

Post Nov 7th '17, 16:58

philtron wrote:Welcome Nailscreams, Forge was made for Macs so you'd definitely need an emulator. It makes more sense to use Weland; your brother lied to you about using Obed, or he is a fool. Weland for mapmaking, and Visual Mode LUA run in AlephOne for texturing, that's how you make maps.

I am going to Weland. The only problem is that I and my (Foolish) brother don't know how to get it. Can give a brief tutorial about how to get it?
Screamernail

Post Nov 7th '17, 17:45

"Unhandled Exceptions" Comes up all the time. Don't know what to do more from there.
Screamernail

Post Nov 7th '17, 17:56

The Readme wrote:To run it, you will need a C# runtime (either .NET 4 or Mono 2.10 or
higher), as well as GTK#

Windows
Make sure you have the .NET runtime installed
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netfram ... fault.aspx

Install the GTK# for .NET package
http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

Mac OS X
Download the Mono runtime, which includes everything you need:
http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

Linux
Install Mono and gtk-sharp from your distribution's package system

Pfhorrest
California

Post Nov 7th '17, 18:09

I know about the Readme and I did install Mono runtime but what more should I do?

EDIT: And yes I'm a very confused person.
Screamernail

Post Nov 7th '17, 18:11

I don't know what the problem may be beyond this point, sorry. Maybe someone else can help.

Pfhorrest
California

Post Nov 7th '17, 18:30

Pfhorrest wrote:I don't know what the problem may be beyond this point, sorry. Maybe someone else can help.

I don't think that It's the Mono runtime who is to blame.
Screamernail

Post Nov 7th '17, 20:18

Screamernail wrote:"Unhandled Exceptions" Comes up all the time. Don't know what to do more from there.

I had that issue before, I made a thread about it a few months ago.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=53447

If you're using the latest GTK#, try using a previous version. That fixed it for me

http://download.xamarin.com/GTKforWindo ... .12.21.msi

Flowers

Post Nov 8th '17, 14:07

It comes up instead of the actual program, the "Unhandled Exceptions" window to say. Do I need to type something in the terminal because I think that's required?
Screamernail

Post Nov 13th '17, 15:46

No one's gonna help? Okay
Screamernail

Post Nov 13th '17, 18:22

Did you see Flowers' post above yours? Was nothing in the thread he linked helpful? (I'd love to help more myself but I don't know enough to do so).

Pfhorrest
California

Post Nov 13th '17, 18:42

Your mono version is probably just too new. The readme specifically mentions mono 2.10, so I'd install some 2.X version.

Wrkncacnter

Post Nov 13th '17, 19:03

Wrkncacnter wrote:Your mono version is probably just too new. The readme specifically mentions mono 2.10, so I'd install some 2.X version.

How do I download it?
Screamernail

Post Nov 13th '17, 21:19

Screamernail wrote:How do I download it?

Probably the easiest way is to use the World Wide Web.

Wrkncacnter

Post Nov 15th '17, 18:12

Okay but WHERE can I download it?
Screamernail

Post Nov 16th '17, 01:08

google is your friend.
Untitled picture 7435261.png
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.

HelviusRufus

Return to Welcome