From the heavens

Introduce yourself here!

Post Feb 22nd '06, 02:57

Im still with you guys, but Im on a school computer, on my virtual account. Gotta go.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Feb 22nd '06, 05:21

sounds like you now live at school, :P
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Feb 22nd '06, 05:33

Sorry bout the undescriptive post, I had to go.

Yes I am still on the forums. The australian school I'm going to has a giant web of computers. Each student has their own account. Luckily I'm in the AP program, which allows me to be on the computer without trundling down to the library, so I get more time on the computer. Unfortunately the computers are windows, and I only have 60 mb of bandwitdh per week on the interent. I cant download anything. Luckily I can use my memory stick and ipod shuffle on it. So Ive got music! It turns out I was too stupid to put marathon on my memory stick after all >_<. So all that blither about it not worknig on that evil windows for nothing.

Sometime in May I will return to the states. On an eMac, os x panther, photoshop, AO and also an iMac os 8.6, all the classical apps I could want. A demo when I come back it will be easy.

Now Ham and all you others awaiting my return- DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP! My return is still uncertain. My situation was so complicated they had to take it to Canberra (Capital of Australia).

Well Im again running out of time. So ask me more for me to post more stuff.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Feb 22nd '06, 05:56

Shadowbreaker wrote:Unfortunately the computers are windows

Bootable OS X 86 DVD
Last edited by Switch on Feb 22nd '06, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.

Switch
NYC

Post Feb 22nd '06, 06:14

omg omg? is that realy real? for pc to osx? man! I could use that for my crap pc laptop!

and suposivly theres somthing similar, "Ubuntu"? ... suposivly its a bootable disk, that boots youre up in linux?
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Feb 22nd '06, 23:12

shongshong wrote:omg omg? is that realy real? for pc to osx? man! I could use that for my crap pc laptop!

and suposivly theres somthing similar, "Ubuntu"? ... suposivly its a bootable disk, that boots youre up in linux?

Well for that you would just download X86, the DVD was for the school computers

OS X 86 Project

Switch
NYC

Post Feb 23rd '06, 03:42

wow, this looks to good to be true! But is this softwear out for public? cause on both of these sites, I dug preity far around, but couldnt find much.
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Feb 23rd '06, 04:49

Well I cant just go installing a major upgrade to the computer. Everyone who visits the computer can use it. And if I put it on one computer I'd have to put it on all of them. I aint gonna do that. It's bad enough everyone who visits the pfhorums is automatically in my account.

Switch I figured out the guy behind that downwithmarathonshadow thing. They are just some older grade people, with nothing better to do. They saw me replying. And this morning I proved this by seeing them trying to sign on again :P . Now my teacher only allows 8th graders in here though :D . I must go again >_<

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Feb 23rd '06, 05:28

but wouldnt a bootable disk shell thing alow you to boot up that os without downloading it?
cause the ubuntu thing does that, just stick in the disk when turning on the computer
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Feb 26th '06, 20:42

shongshong wrote:but wouldnt a bootable disk shell thing alow you to boot up that os without downloading it?
cause the ubuntu thing does that, just stick in the disk when turning on the computer

He could always order an Ubuntu LiveCD :\
Macsforever wrote:What? This topic is pointless and moronic, go rape an eight year old next time.

Click here to report this sick pedo.

tux0beliver

Post May 4th '06, 01:44

I've been using the Ubuntu LiveCDs wherever I find myslef and their great, GAIM, Firefox, all the essentials and Dapper Drake even has a took to partition off part of the harddrive for yourself If this is a computer you frequent [MTongue] I would actually recommend it over the bootable X86, not because I prefer linux to X but the X86 project is a mess, the ubuntu disk is vary well done, and alot of computers (well, the kind you would need a live cd for) don't have a DVD drive

Switch
NYC

Post Jun 7th '06, 03:51

shadow when u get back?
Dieselfame3

Post Jun 7th '06, 12:39

He's been back for awhile now.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob

SirBlastalot
Currently marooned on Earth, please assist!

Return to Welcome