Marathon Alpha 7 Web Site

Introduce yourself here!

Post Mar 22nd '06, 02:55

Hi! I want to say to all the marvelous players of Marathon Infinity (in A1 platform, of course), that is a new website under construction at web address members.tripod.com/marathonalpha7 .
This site wants to give a new perspective of the Marathon Gaming, as well to create teams of players too.
In the next weeks I'll say to you the state of the site... you can add ideas to make my site, of course.
Greetings to everyone... and give me the rocket launcher!
marathonalpha7

Post Mar 23rd '06, 00:45

I just want to go on record here as saying this:

No clans. We don't need them or the ill feelings they bring with them.

And I'm not harping on a new site, I'm all for it, lets get the word out about A1.
ASV 3935 IGZ
nfreader

Post Mar 23rd '06, 02:46

Don't distort the "team" concept. My idea is to make a teams Tournament. I don't know what are you thinking when you say "the ill feelings of the teams". Playing alone against the anothers or in teams, contains a specific grade of technique. I want to develop the team technique.
But well, I'm conscient of your opinion. I listen to you. And the Tournaments that my site pretends to organize (now in a open blog form where you can post...you are specially invited, of course) team and individual Tournaments. I think that the newest players can test the experience of playing in a organizated group having a previous training before play in a classic deathmatch.
Don't distort to the teams. If the teams don't was allowed in Marathon, Marathon won't the teams. And the game isn't in that form.
Listen to me. My idea is good, as well as your opinion.
Greetings.
marathonalpha7

Post Mar 23rd '06, 04:38

Marathon Alpha 7 wrote:I think that the newest players can test the experience of playing in a organizated group having a previous training before play in a classic deathmatch.

I think this could be really interesting, I know most new marathon players (myself) get destroyed in team games, I'm always amazed at others abilities to combine their efforts/watch each others backs

Switch
NYC

Post Mar 23rd '06, 13:31

it's aleph one... not alpha... (or did i miss something? like a big name change?)

JohannesG

Post Mar 23rd '06, 14:29

I think he's just talking about the site/group name, not the Aleph One engine.
irons

Post Mar 23rd '06, 22:12

irons wrote:I think he's just talking about the site/group name, not the Aleph One engine.

i've noticed tho before that people tend to call the game Alpha One instead of Aleph One...

JohannesG

Post Mar 24th '06, 02:34

Hi! Thanks to everyone for your good comments. About the "Alpha One" problem, Alpha 7 it's the name of the Marathon Group. Are somebody of you interested to form part of this team? We can play in Tournaments against other teams. All the teams can be registered in my email, a_zero_empire@hotmail.com .
I know that the game is called Aleph One. I'm a Marathon player from 2000, and if I don't consider myself a vidmaster, I consider myself a some experienced player. In my studies i discovered the importance of the team gaming in the Marathon Deathmatch.
Are you ready for a challenge? Give me a date (time in GMT, please) and I'll say you if I can play with you. Anything that you want to say to me, you can say it here or in my email or in the temporary forum available at http://members.tripod.com/marathonalpha7/groupnews
And have fun with some carnage!
M.A.7.-
marathonalpha7

Post Mar 24th '06, 14:54

Marathon Alpha 7 wrote:I know that the game is called Aleph One. I'm a Marathon player from 2000, and if I don't consider myself a vidmaster, I consider myself a some experienced player. In my studies i discovered the importance of the team gaming in the Marathon Deathmatch.

hehe, i'm a marathon player since 96 i think and i don't even consider myself a vidmaster :P

about teams... goran, irons, simon, and the rest of you f.org people here.. should we pursue our dream of a forerunners.org team? :D

and another note, looks like soon marathon clans will be popping up, lets not call it clans. lets call it something else like guilds, groups, battle groups, or something similiar, any ideas?
Last edited by JohannesG on Mar 24th '06, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

JohannesG

Post Mar 25th '06, 02:10

It would be great with Aleph one capture the flag game...

*drools*

assassingao

Post Mar 25th '06, 07:49

Quite right, Gao. Organized CTF would be excellent.
irons

Post Mar 25th '06, 14:30

goran wrote:What about our northen viking team? Bob, you and me would totally kick ass... let me just grow a beard first.

lol! well i would actually consider it if we would have more scandinavian players! :P
still, sounds like a nice "sub-team" inside the f.org team! :)

PS: i'm planning the f.org team idea as we speak.

JohannesG

Return to Welcome