First Masters Tournament of Aleph One

Introduce yourself here!

Post Mar 29th '06, 03:20

Hi friends! I'm here again! Well, the First Deathmatch Tournament is ready. The April 1st, at 7.30 pm in GMT time. I'm going to be the server if you don't have any problem with it. About the teams...I prefer to play alone this time to know everybody. Try to be exact in time... you know...only the 7 first players will be accepted.
One of the maps that I want to play is Return to Waldo... it's a classic, so that be ready!
And well, I want to see you in this game...remember, 19.30 GMT.
The last Friday I played with eam. Somebody of you knows eam? If he's reading this message, my greetings for him... in my opinion is a good player but he must make an advance in your computer - he can host 1 person only -... i want to be a good server... at least you can play by turns, hehe...no, it's a joke.
Ok my friends...keep ready your SPNKRs!...I make a special invitation to the administrator of the forum, appleswitch, to play in the game...and don't forget to write me if you want to be part of the MA7 team. Somebody has another team?? Please tell me to register it on my site! And the others, you can write me at my email < a_zero_empire@hotmail.com >. I hope that in the next Tournament we can play in teams...
Greetings for everyone!
Last edited by marathonalpha7 on Mar 29th '06, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
marathonalpha7

Post Mar 29th '06, 06:46

Ill definitely try to be there, but don't wait up for me If apple has a 30th year anniversary event ;) I could be busy for a while.

I made a post on source.bungie.org about the Alpha 7 site, If there's any changes you want made just ask.

The hits from SBO should help the deathmatch, good luck :D

Switch
NYC

Post Mar 29th '06, 14:22

Hey alpha, sounds like an idea. You really gonna host 8 player games, though?

Anyway, what's your upseed & location?
Seeing as you posted this in Greenwhich Mean Time ( GMT/UTC ) i'd say you're european ( which i'd appreciate more than others ). Note that for the americans it's gonna be something like -6 till -8 hours..dunno if much ppl will be on then..metaserver seems to be pretty empty around those hours.

Greets
/Bobwithkeycard
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Post Mar 29th '06, 20:51

sweet
Dieselfame3

Post Mar 30th '06, 02:23

Bobwithkeycard wrote:Hey alpha, sounds like an idea. You really gonna host 8 player games, though?

Anyway, what's your upseed & location?
Seeing as you posted this in Greenwhich Mean Time ( GMT/UTC ) i'd say you're european ( which i'd appreciate more than others ). Note that for the americans it's gonna be something like -6 till -8 hours..dunno if much ppl will be on then..metaserver seems to be pretty empty around those hours.

Greets
/Bobwithkeycard

Well BWKC (bobwith...) I'll try to host the greater amount of players as possible... I hope to host the maximum players that Aleph One allows, but if my conditions aren't the best, I'll take the determination of reduce the number of players. If I have so much people waiting for the Tournament, I will select players who have not played.
I really don't know what is upseed. Do you can explain that to me?
My relative location is in the -4.00 GMT/UTC Time Zone.
It's a good notice the emptyness of the servers at that time...it can guarantee of some form the sucess of our game.

Greetings.-
marathonalpha7

Post Mar 30th '06, 10:42

Marathon Alpha 7 wrote:I really don't know what is upseed. Do you can explain that to me?
My relative location is in the -4.00 GMT/UTC Time Zone.

wow, that's a timezone i dont see very often..is that hardcore east coast of canada, dominican republic, latin america..where are you? :0

And upspeed is the speed you can upload files with. if you are on a dsl connection, then the upspeed will most likely be a lot less then the speed you can download files with. Upspeed's imprtant when hosting for huge amounts of playes ( such as eight ). There are also your ping values, that are like your reaction time because they measure how long it takes for a certain other computer to answer you. Most ppl actually use a programm to ping ppl, which is possible when you know their ip adress ( a good ping would be like 30 miliseconds ).
Also modern online games always show the ping values to the host..which i hope one day will be possible in AlephOne as well, so i can stop asking where ppl are...uhm, where are you again?

greets from europe
/Bobwithkeycard
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Post Mar 31st '06, 02:39

Ok...there was some problems with the time zone (i didn't be sure about my time zone, hehe)... but all the settings are ok.
Well my friend, you can know that I like to play in a team style game (but this game is individual). My location is in Latin America, to the Western side of the continent.
The settings of the game are the following:
*The radar will be on so you can hide from your enemies and apply long range firing techniques (the dream of the rocketeers,yeah!)
*About the suicide penalty... I decided to deactivate it.
*VERY IMPORTANT: THE WINNER IS DECIDED FOR THE GREATER DEATH POINTS THAT THE PLAYER CAN OBTAIN...you know the system that Aleph One uses.
*Crosshairs are allowed...i think that i must give all the facilities to the rocket users.-
*The entire Tournament, which has a duration of 2 hours, is divided in maps of 15 minutes each one. I will include Fortress Lh'owon and Return to Waldo as part of the game. If there are many people wanting to play, I will include all the people that hasn't played to play with them in the new games.
About the upspeed... I will try to guarantee the best conditions to play ;)
About the pointing system, goran, I can say to you that its a range system, where you start as a Unexperienced Beginner with 0 points until 500 points, where you will convert into Experienced Beginner. Next ranges will be explained in my webpage, which will be ready into the next week :D.
This Tournament will offer 300 points to the total winner (the person who has the greater number of deaths of the entire Tournament) and 250 points to the second place. The kills during the game means +25 points into the classification. So, you need 20 deaths to ascend of range... this means that, at the end of the game, you must have +20 kills (as a minimum difference between kills and deaths) to ascend to the first range. It appears to be easy, but to ascend to greater ranges you must have each time a greater points number... an example:to ascend to the last ranges you must complete 10000 points from your last range. All the ranges will be explained into my website.
Ok, I hope to see everyone in the game!!!
Greetings!
marathonalpha7

Post Mar 31st '06, 12:46

I would join, but from the looks of it, the tourny will be mostly full of rocketers and me being a guy who uses all weapons, i don't think this tourny is for me. Im sorry.
En Taro Adun,
Executor.

Im dead, man!

Kidtofu
Virginia

Post Mar 31st '06, 18:43

goran wrote:To lessen the confusion, when you say death, you mean kill, right? I can't make myself see players winning by killing themselves, and gaining deaths.

So to sum it up, if you end in a + range, your score will be multiplied by 25.
At the end of all 8 matches, those two who have collected most points gets:
1. 300 more points (6 bonus kills)
2. 250 more points (5 bonus kills)
I reccommend that you give points to the kills that are not in the + range, but with a smaller multiplier, of 15. I say this because with your current system, you'll only encourage a small ammount of players to progress. And who knows, after X tournaments, you might get 3 grandmasters, and a dozen of newbies in your ranking systems. Simply put, you allow a few players to progress, and force everyone else to stay put. It's not encouraging at all for the less skilled players.

For example.

score: -6
kills: 6 *15=90 points
deaths: 12

score: +6 *25=150
kills: 12
deaths: 6 *15=90 points

Ok, I'll remember that ;)
Thanks. [spnkr]
marathonalpha7

Post Mar 31st '06, 21:11

goran wrote:Then you may just as well be dead. If you put limits on yourself, how can you live on and learn new things?

Thats it. Im joining. (this is what i get for reading your blog....)

Btw, what is 7:30 GMT in EST? Someone please tell me
Last edited by Kidtofu on Mar 31st '06, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
En Taro Adun,
Executor.

Im dead, man!

Kidtofu
Virginia

Post Apr 4th '06, 02:44

Well, the last Tournament had only one player because to the problems with a router. But the Friday's game will be spectacular. Everyone is invited.
More information, visit my site.-
marathonalpha7

Return to Welcome