Hey Dudes!

Introduce yourself here!

Post May 7th '08, 18:24

Hi! I just found marathon and alephone last week, and already I've fallen in love with it. I'm already making a scenario! I haven't looked into what all is involved for making maps but I've already made a title screen for it. Let me know if you'd like to help me out with it, and hopefully I can contribute something to this community.

Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Jul 28th '09, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

Wrkncacnter

Post May 7th '08, 18:42

Please make this.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post May 7th '08, 19:20

Yet another scenario that will end up in the flatlining category of the scenarionews page. It pains my heart to see all those scenarios full of intentions die...
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt
Belgium

Post May 7th '08, 19:26

Drictelt wrote:Yet another scenario that will end up in the flatlining category of the scenarionews page. It pains my heart to see all those scenarios full of intentions die...

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post May 7th '08, 20:20

W wrote:Hi! I just found marathon and alephone last week, and already I've fallen in love with it. I'm already making a scenario! I haven't looked into what all is involved for making maps but I've already made a title screen for it. Let me know if you'd like to help me out with it, and hopefully I can contribute something to this community.

Made a new version of the screen. Loving this idea. PLEASE keep working. Maybe menu screen next?
[attachment=1570:Enemi2.jpg]

EDIT: spiced image up a little.
Attachments
Enemi2.jpg
Enemi2.jpg (68.3 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
Last edited by irons on May 7th '08, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post May 7th '08, 20:48

You know I've shown my splash screen once, and I haven't crashed and burned.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post May 7th '08, 20:53

be sure to use smithy, it'll be sufficient for whatever you end up doing
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post May 7th '08, 21:08

irons wrote:[attachment=1570:Enemi2.jpg]

Two words: "Wow".
Mordekai

Post May 7th '08, 21:15

Hella thanks! Now we can move on to the menu screen!

irons
(.Y.)

Post May 7th '08, 21:51

Mordekai wrote:Two words: "Wow".

I disagree. I feel it entirely fails to capture the impetus of our new friend's motivations and intentions.
~if I had a rocket launcher, I'd make someone~

epstein
North Carolina

Post May 8th '08, 00:26

Hey I like that one irons! It might even be better than what I had. Thanks everyone for your support.

Progress has been going well on Enemi, here's the menu screen!
Attachments
Enemi_Menu.png
Enemi_Menu.png (252.84 KiB) Viewed 2863 times

Wrkncacnter

Post May 8th '08, 00:56

Looks incredible, so now it's time for the story. What are your ideas.

irons
(.Y.)

Post May 8th '08, 02:34

OK, I've got a mail frame idea for the plot so far:

It is the year 1992 and humanity has expanded all across the galaxy. The problem is, the people are not well connected, so travel between the planets is not an option. People expanded the first time through one-use teleportation technology, because that's just how it works. The planet in question, CowKaCowla7.3r2, is the home of fairly typical people, in that the residents don't like to die BUT! an evil AI named Enemi has taken over a facility that contains a huge supply of nuclear weapons.

You guessed it, the rampant AI then threatens the planet's citizens with a nuclear attack large enough to destroy the whole planet unless the people give Enemi control over the HUGE and perfectly necessary sun blocking devices. In the past, these giant devices have only been used to swat insects out of the sky, but humanity's only option is to give control of these devices to Enemi.. Some of the citizens argue that without a Sun, there could be prahblums on CowKaCowla7.3r2.

After a few days of heated debate, it was finally decided that they should play it safe and assume the Sun was important. A plan was created to bring down the evil AI once and for all. The plan involves YOU.

With the help of a friendly AI (I will not reveal the name at this time) you will try out outsmart and overpower Enemi. This is no easy task, however, since Enemi is the smartest AI ever created. The friendly AI determines that a certain substance surrounds Enemi's circuits and is the source of Enemi's unusual amount of knowledge. After a few days of calculations, the friendly AI determines that the substance is a liquid that contains LoCh72. This substance needs to exist in concentrations of at least 200 parts per thousand to be useful to Enemi.

It will be your responsibility to fight your way through thousands upon thousands of sun-haters in order to get to Enemi's core. At this point, you will need to find a way to give the friendly AI access to the flood controls. The waterfall will pour into the liquid surrounding the circuits and the concentration of the LoCh72 will drop to levels that will no longer provide any benefit for Enemi. The rampant AI will immediately forget things it used to know, and then with the support of all of the citizens that feel like living, Enemi can be overpowered. Spoiler alert, do not read anything above this if you don't want the ending ruined.

That should be a good start. There may be a few twists thrown in here and there, so you'll have to watch out.

Wrkncacnter

Post May 8th '08, 13:33

I can make the theme music!!!! PLz!?!?!
Mordekai

Post May 8th '08, 14:02

I think we already have some MP3s ripped from CDs.

irons
(.Y.)

Post May 8th '08, 17:07

irons wrote:I think we already have some MP3s ripped from CDs.

I'm gonna send him to outaspace
To find anotha race

edit 1: (admittedly you would have to twist a little to make it work with the story, since presumably they haven't found any other races)

edit 2: in fact, with no mention of other races, what are the enemies in this game? drones? how boring
Last edited by thermoplyae on May 8th '08, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post May 8th '08, 17:46

i kno! big alien piles of mucus!
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post May 8th '08, 18:11

thermoplyae wrote:edit 2: in fact, with no mention of other races, what are the enemies in this game? drones? how boring

They are just humans that happen to hate the sun that much. From my description:
"It will be your responsibility to fight your way through thousands upon thousands of sun-haters"

Obviously, since the enemies are human, they will have a variety of weapons including vehicles and helicopters. But, I suppose drones would be an option as well.

Wrkncacnter

Post May 8th '08, 18:17

Shadowbreaker wrote:You know I've shown my splash screen once, and I haven't crashed and burned.

What you don't know is that I'm sabotaging the levels I make for you. Believe me, your time will come...

To wrk and irons, awesome story, man! I really want to be part of this project. Perhaps I can help you drawing a polygon!
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt
Belgium

Post May 8th '08, 18:24

Drictelt wrote:To wrk and irons, awesome story, man! I really want to be part of this project. Perhaps I can help you drawing a polygon!

Thanks! And I'd really appreciate the help. If you did a polygon, that would probably be enough for 2 levels. Things are looking up! [MUp]

Wrkncacnter

Post May 8th '08, 18:27

Yeah, it's always amazing to return to a place you have been through again, but with other aliens and scenery lets do that

Drictelt
Belgium

Post May 8th '08, 20:32

irons wrote:I think we already have some MP3s ripped from CDs.

Since you begged me for a theme song, here you go! [attachment=1573:Enemi.mp3] It'll blow your mind!
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Mordekai

Post May 8th '08, 20:35

Drictelt wrote:What you don't know is that I'm sabotaging the levels I make for you. Believe me, your time will come...

That is impossible, my sandwich had pepperoni in it.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post May 8th '08, 20:55

Mordekai wrote:Since you begged me for a theme song, here you go! [attachment=1573:Enemi.mp3] It'll blow your mind!

oooooooooo likey
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post May 8th '08, 21:09

W wrote:"It will be your responsibility to fight your way through thousands upon thousands of sun-haters"

Oh! How embarrassing! It's finally revealed that I make fun of posts without thoroughly reading them first. :(
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Next

Return to Welcome