Coming back to Marathon

Introduce yourself here!

Coming back to Marathon

Post May 26th '14, 11:40

Hi everyone!

My experience with Marathon started in 1997 when I first downloaded Marathon 2: Durandal Demo from the Bungie site. The game instantly captured my heart and later that year i rcvieved Marathon: Infinity as an christmas present. I would play hours daily for many weeks until I finished the game. After that I discovered a new dimension to the game and it was forge and anvil, resource editor for mac(cant remember its real name), then i read the whole manual and learned how to make the ingame computers work and i would go on to create my own graphics, maps, huds etc.
weekends and evening would fly pass by as I worked on my scenario.
I even was an active user in the marathon forum where people helped out each other with various problems they had with editing the game. a whole community dedicated to making scenarios. many years have passed and i still find my self thinking about how awesome the game was. And now I want to start doing it again! :)

- Leo
Legura

Post May 26th '14, 23:22

Welcome (back)!

New tools have come along to go with new operating systems, and the community is smaller, but you can still relive the originals, and scratch that creative itch by making your own Marathon. Hope you have just as much fun this time around!

Hopper

Post May 30th '14, 11:30

Thanks Hopper! Im Still trying to figure out how what programs I need and how everything works. Seems alot more complicated these days.

I did some consept art for my upcoming project.
its a 4 polygon tower that raises up from the ground and on top of it there is a non movable monster that shoot seeking projectiles.

Legura

Post May 30th '14, 17:40

Great art style. That's how I imagine Pathways into Darkness would look if it were remade by Halo's artists.

Hopper

Return to Welcome