Hey All!

Introduce yourself here!
JulieDee
Spazeroid

I'm OLD! No, seriously, I'm REALLY REALLY OLD! Think of your parents... now think of your Grandparents... now think of THEIR Grandparents Grandparents... Yup! That's me! OLD! I remember when a SCREAMIN' system was 512K and ran at a whole 14Htz! The Internet just a DREAM at that time and you contacted BULLETIN BOARDS on 1200BAUD modems! YUP... just one step up from candle light and milking yer own cow. My printer in those days had this little guy inside with a hammer and chisel who banged it out on a piece of stone. Or at least it sounded like that.

Then Marathon came out and we had DARKNESS! And things jumped out of that darkness and scared the pants off of us! And there were CEILINGS and DOORS and ELEVATORS that took us to places that brought new levels of excitement and fear! And WEAPONS! "NEVER SHOOT WHAT YOU CAN FRAG!" became our motto! And life was GOOD!

Last month my old Mac lap top finally died for the last time. I buried her with honors in the back yard with an engraved stone that read: "Here lies Das Book. May she forever frag in Heaven. 1989-2008" And so I shelved my set of Marathon disks, thinking that life was over for the game that I so loved, and turned to Compaq for life on the web. But like a miracle I stumbled accross this Hallowed Place, and found....

MARATHON

Now life is good again!
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

I think you are most likely not older than our beloved Battlecat, but that record is probably hard to beat. nevertheless i welcome you to this place of ours and warn you in advance that the humor here can be rather sarcastic and dark, but I guess you'll get the grip of it soon. :)
JulieDee
Spazeroid

Johannes Gunnar wrote:I think you are most likely not older than our beloved Battlecat, but that record is probably hard to beat. nevertheless i welcome you to this place of ours and warn you in advance that the humor here can be rather sarcastic and dark, but I guess you'll get the grip of it soon. :)
I thank you for your welcome Gunnar! Sarcasm? I've raised 2 teenagers... I'm used to it. LOL! Somehow I managed to not recycle them. Though there were times that it was pretty close there... Mostly you'll only be seeing here IF I become totally stuck... something I seriously doubt will happen. Tho I might pop in now anf then... [MGrin] Just wanted to say hello to the new hatch... in my 50++ years of dragging this ancient bod across this earth ol' Mamma Jaye learned long ago to let the youngin's have their space!

Live long and perspire! [MUp]
CryoS
Vidmaster

Welcome to the pfhorums, enjoy your stay.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
JulieDee
Spazeroid

CryoS wrote:Welcome to the pfhorums, enjoy your stay.
Thank you Cryo! I do believe I will!
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Get off my lawn. ;)
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
megabyte
Vidmaster

the welcome train is here
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
The Man
Vidmaster

Welcome to the Pfhorums.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge