New player.

Introduce yourself here!

Post Jun 29th '06, 05:15

I got into Marathon when I got a "Mac Cube" from Aztech, and it had a demo (0.0) on it. I had heard about Mararthon in some magazines, and I liked what I played. I also found an M2 demo, which I don't think I have anymore. cut to years later, I try to buy the Action Sack but can't find it becuase its too old. Instead, I find the comunity, find the Trilogy release, beat all three on easy, and play on Apple talk 3-4 times butI rarely get the chance to VS becuase my buddies only want co-op. But then... Jun 24 1006, my 18th b-day. I get a Mac Mini. One of the first things on my mind to do with my sudden OS10 ownership is see if A0 had online stable yet. Now I can't stop....help
FF Shinobi

Post Jun 29th '06, 08:51

cool, a marathon player from medieval times [MSmile]
Let me be the first to welcome you

Perhaps catch ya playin' online soon.
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain

Bobwithkeycard
AMS-Tower

Post Jun 29th '06, 15:09

heh hope to see u on meta (multiplayer) sometime, when i can auctually play....lol
Dieselfame3

Post Jun 29th '06, 16:52

Thats what I love to hear, can't wait to see you online!

Switch
NYC

Post Jun 29th '06, 18:49

mac cube!??? omg omg! Thoes go waay back with me!

I think we have like... all 8 discs of mac cube, but me and my sister would play all the ancient game/demos on disc 5? or somthing.. the one with the games,
But I do remember playing marathon 1 for the first time with the demo, (like.. when I was 5) and it was the most realistic game and the most scary one there, I actualy had to stop playing it here and there... but when I eventualy was 7ish, I completed the demo!, and continued with the full version,

yah.. mac cube.. I think I still have some of thoes CD's around my house
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Jun 29th '06, 19:07

Mac cubed was how I got started with marathon. I can't even imagine how many times I played duality on that thing, we would have 8 person tournoments (2 at a time, thats all the demo allowed) untill we got motion sickness [MTongue]

Switch
NYC

Post Jun 29th '06, 19:24

FF Shinobi wrote:But then... Jun 24 1006, my 18th b-day.

You must be really old! [MGrin]

And I started Marathon with my Centris 650. [MUp]
Destroyer E

Post Jun 29th '06, 22:53

Yes. I am a time traveling robot from ancient china. My motherboard is a tablet with metal runes on it. Don't tell anyone.
FF Shinobi

Post Jun 29th '06, 23:40

My brother introduced me to marathon. I watched him play it untill I was able to reach the keys and things. I actually 'learned' the keys at least 5 years before I learned to type.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob

SirBlastalot
Currently marooned on Earth, please assist!

Post Jun 30th '06, 02:51

Why does almost everyone here seem to be under 25?

Well anyway: hope you have fun playing. You probably wont ever see me on the meta server because I havent really played much marathon since 2000 (I never looked at bungie the same way) and ever since I started playing again I can only hope that I can ever come within 1/80 of my near perfection of every aspect of the game that I achived from all that practice. I swear that I will find some way to make bungie wish that they had never abandoned, make that BETRAYED me.

P.S. dont let the door hit you on the way out

P.S.S. I have way too much free time now that summer is here

P.S.S.S.Im spending way too much time on the internet

P.S.S.S.S. Im spending to much time not playing marathon and creating stuff for it

P.S.S.S.S.S. Im spendind to little time thinking about what im going to post before I post it

P.S.S.S.S.S.S. 7 all the way
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. Im obsessed with 7

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. Im also too obsessed with Ps and Ss

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. I actually not sure if im useing the Ps and Ss right

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. Im wondering if P.S.S should be P.P.S

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. this is ridicules

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. no, seriously

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. Im copying and pasteing just to save time!

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S Its getting old

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S I would go back and correct the Ps and Ss but that would be too much work so im just going to to leave a Post Snipet that says I made a mistake, a BIG one

P.P.S I put P.S.S intead of P.S.S

P.P.P.S most post snipets in the forum today!

P.P.P.P.S most post snipets in the forum today right?

P.P.P.P.P.S Im going to do this till I reach 7 again which is the next one

P.P.P.P.P.P.S 7 all the way! lets try for 7 Ps
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S 7 Ps! Ya!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S sorry I went so off subject, Im just ranting on, I was originally going to delete all of this but I thought I was kind of funny and I left it on

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S Yes this really was a rant not a planned thing
Last edited by Homocidal Ham on Jun 30th '06, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
"I often think about poor old bill, and how hard he was to saw."

Homocidal Ham
Behind you (mwahahaha)

Post Jun 30th '06, 07:33

what is a "post snipet"?
P.S. stands for Post Script?
-- Straeshi

Kryten
Melbourne, Australia

Post Jun 30th '06, 17:06

oops
"I often think about poor old bill, and how hard he was to saw."