OH GOD HOW DID THIS GET HERE

Introduce yourself here!
ChrisBabaganoosh
Spazeroid

So, yeah. 'Sup. I'm ChrisBabaganoosh. You may have seen me in such films as Black Man Down and Backdoor Sluts 9.

I'm a very new Marathon bro. I grew up on Doom as part of the PC Master Race, so I never really knew about this excellent little series of games until a buddy of mine (also an avid Doom enthusiast) told me about AlephOne and Marathon. When he told me Marathon rivaled and even outclassed Doom in many, many ways, I couldn't pass it up.

Now I'm roughly halfway through Marathon 1, and I'm fucking hooked. Got the hi-res texture pack and now I'm even more in love with this game. Hopefully I can learn a lot more about the little ins and outs of this series here and perhaps participate in some netmaps and BRO-op with you folks once I stop sucking ass with the fusion pistol (NOTGONNAHAPPENLOL)
YOU'RE MY FAVORITE DEPUTY
irons
Vidmaster

Fusion pistol is indeed the weapon of kings, but almost no one uses it ever in netgames. I think you're safe. Welcome.
Last edited by irons on Sep 17th '10, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
HunterOfShadows
Cyborg

I've seen people destroy with it in netgames, they had pinpoint accuracy >_< or at least that's how it felt like to me

It's actually a very damaging weapon I discovered, 3 shots can take down a layer of shielding(at least I think it was 3...)

Of course...it doesn't hold a candle to the spanker... ;)

Welcome to ze pfhrorums, we are pleased that thou hast found the light, the amazing kickass known as Marathon.
Last edited by HunterOfShadows on Sep 17th '10, 04:38, edited 1 time in total.
It's Moppy

Just don't listen
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

This topic has the best title in the world. Welcome and great thanks be to you.
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've killed people with every weapon, including fists, in net games, even if I'm a rocket lover.

Oh and hi.

You want to learn a lot more about the little ins and outs of this series?

http://marathon.bungie.org/story/

See you in a few weeks, if you ever make it out of there.
TectonInd
Mjolnir Mark IV

Fusion pistol not

Dual shotguns FOR THE WIN
ChrisBabaganoosh
Spazeroid

D'awwwwwwwww.

Okay, fine, have some Ziltoid.
YOU'RE MY FAVORITE DEPUTY
Sasmaster
Born on Board

Welcome, man! Always nice to see new people in the community. BTW nice Ziltoid avatar.
Xap
Born on Board

Welcome, fellow new person. Your post was entertaining. I am not too good with the fusion pistol either. I remember being awed though when I found out it could punch through invincibility shields (Although those are in any good netpacks).
The candles burn out for you; I am free.
- Durandal
Hueqort
Cyborg

Xap wrote:Welcome, fellow new person. Your post was entertaining.
This.... Except not entirely because fortunately I talk far to much for any one person to be able to accidentally or even purposefully copy.

Hey when you practice online you'll probably here me repeatedly say "Don't taze me bro!" over and over. Then I'll stop talking rather ominously during games where I'm in the Asian zone.

Right and welcome.
Last edited by Hueqort on Nov 6th '10, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Just keep running, just keep shooting, just keep droppin' 'em dead.
Just keep going, just keep moving, just keep pumping that lead!
- Sung to the tune 'Aint we got fun?' by Van and Schneck 1921

Argh, I'm bored.