what are the aleph one limits and what can it do

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
anonreclaimer
Born on Board

Hello I want to know what is the good and bad about aleph one and what can it do and what the limits of the engine. [MErr] like can I make levels like halo, half life, or unreal tournment 2007.Well i'm trying to make the grahpics like half life, halo, and doom 3. What are some good editors to use to make physics and levels.Can i make it render a city like grand theft auto sa.Please reply to this topic [MSmile] .
Enzan
Born on Board

I would have to say my favourite aspect of Aleph One is its telepathic user interface. But its spatiotemporal prediction system and rhythmic beat are pretty good too.
L'howon
Vidmaster

You should at the very least download Marathon Infinity, which will give you a good idea of what the engine is like.
Last edited by L'howon on Mar 6th '12, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
anonreclaimer
Born on Board

yeah i have downloaded marathon infinity and i played the marathon 2 port But since the halo ce engine isnt opensource i was thinking about using aleph one engine could i make a good modern game with it and other good stuff.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Thanks to the maturity of the marathon editors (thanks Treellama!), you could probably completely recreate GTA in about a month if you worked hard.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

[attachment=5556:yourself.jpg]
Attachments
yourself.jpg
yourself.jpg (14.7 KiB) Viewed 8918 times
anonreclaimer
Born on Board

Ok but no has answer my question what are the limits of the engine.ARE there ploygon limits.Can i render 3d HUD gun other then 2d guns.What i'm trying to say is can i make it look and feel like halo or half life. like can I make big citys in marathon like gta Because i want to make a full 3d fps like halo.
interion
Cyborg

anonreclaimer wrote:Ok but no has answer my question what are the limits of the engine.ARE there ploygon limits.Can i render 3d HUD gun other then 2d guns.What i'm trying to say is can i make it look and feel like halo or half life. like can I make big citys in marathon like gta Because i want to make a full 3d fps like halo.

NOPE
Image Image
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

patrick wrote:[attachment=5556:yourself.jpg]
Welcome to Zombo.com. This is Zombo.com.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
anonreclaimer
Born on Board

Tim wrote:NOPE
Well thanks for the reply [MFrown]
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

anonreclaimer wrote:Well thanks for the reply [MFrown]
Well what the hell did you expect, kid? If you want to make Halo maps, go make Halo maps, don't waste your time (or the time of anyone else) by trying to make Halo maps with a game, what, eight years its senior.
anonreclaimer
Born on Board

RyokoTK wrote:Well what the hell did you expect, kid? If you want to make Halo maps, go make Halo maps, don't waste your time (or the time of anyone else) by trying to make Halo maps with a game, what, eight years its senior.
I just want to make a badass game of a badass game engine you know.I was thinking that I can progarm the engine to that because marathon was awesome and the mutiplayer was to thats all really. [spnkr]
Last edited by anonreclaimer on Mar 6th '12, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

anonreclaimer wrote:I just want to make a baass game
anonreclaimer
Born on Board

dude screw off i'm being surious here so dont mock me
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

anonreclaimer wrote:dude screw off i'm being surious here so dont mock me
look, I can be Patrick too!
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:[attachment=5559:virat.jpg]
[attachment=5560:viv.jpg]
Attachments
viv.jpg
viv.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 8914 times
virat.jpg
virat.jpg (21.33 KiB) Viewed 8914 times
mchief111
Born on Board

I get the feeling we are being trolled.

[attachment=5561:fry.jpg]
Attachments
fry.jpg
fry.jpg (16.66 KiB) Viewed 8915 times
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Anyone hear this track before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eNjdKVqJyg

It sounds AWESOME!!!

@Anonreclaimer: If you want to make Halo maps, just go ahead. Make them till your heart's content. The likelyhood of everybody playing them online over netmaps made by TK is slim though.
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

Anonreclaimer, if you want to see examples of ways the engine is pushed, I recommend checking out BlauweVingers, and also Halathon (since you mentioned your interest in Halo).
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Any further posts in this topic that do not consist exclusively of Kindergarten Cop quotes should be ostracized from our community forever.
mchief111
Born on Board

Ares Ex Machina wrote:BlauweVingers
Lol is there an English version of that? I installed it but couldn't read any of the instructions.
jessenator
Cyborg

â?¢musicâ?¢sfxâ?¢texturesâ?¢bullsh*t
Not Invented Here
Born on Board

RyokoTK wrote:Any further posts in this topic that do not consist exclusively of Kindergarten Cop quotes should be ostracized from our community forever.
Yeah, what he said.
Enzan
Born on Board

Diogenes wrote:Lol is there an English version of that? I installed it but couldn't read any of the instructions.
You shoot the guys shooting at you. Also flip some switches, occasionally. Honestly, I spent an evening running the loading screens through Google Translate, it's really not much more complex than that. Unless you really like Dutch history.