Get Music for Your Project

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

http://forum.watmm.com/

This is a popular forum chock-full of people who make music. It was created for talking about underground electronic music, like Aphex Twin and Clark and Boards of Canada ($lave likes some of this kind of music; I wouldn't be too surprised if he had an account there). If you ask people to use their music they'd probably be more than happy to let you. The only reason I could see them not letting you is if they're actually signed and don't know if their record label would let them give you the music (there are a number of semi-popular artists there).

Here's a couple examples of music people made:
http://forum.watmm.com/topic/72983-fahzers...earth-previews/
http://forum.watmm.com/topic/72915-rat-fac...nesome-road-ep/
http://forum.watmm.com/topic/72472-new-tracks/

The "Your Latest Creations" and "EKT New Releases" are probably the best sections to check, although two of the above examples are from "New & Upcoming Releases" (which also has releases from artists that don't necessarily post there).
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

We tried the music making thing here once. Not much was done with that. Good luck.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

ukimalefu wrote:We tried the music making thing here once. Not much was done with that. Good luck.
What do you mean, "the music making thing"? This isn't about making music, it's about taking other people's music so you don't have to make your own. Or is that what you meant?
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

gmanyo wrote:What do you mean, "the music making thing"? This isn't about making music, it's about taking other people's music so you don't have to make your own. Or is that what you meant?
I mean, you could ask people here for music for scenarios you make.

Or take other people's from that link you posted.

We tried here making music for M2... can't even remember the name of the thread... I believe the songs were uploaded to Simplici7y.

We never finished all the levels, and the music was never added to the scenario. Not even a demo.

But hey, whatever works for you.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

ukimalefu wrote:I mean, you could ask people here for music for scenarios you make.

Or take other people's from that link you posted.

We tried here making music for M2... can't even remember the name of the thread... I believe the songs were uploaded to Simplici7y.

We never finished all the levels, and the music was never added to the scenario. Not even a demo.

But hey, whatever works for you.
I just think that WATMM is a really good place for music because that's all it is, and there are some really fucking great musicians on there. And they already have music, so all you have to do is ask for it. Also, I was just talking about using music for your own projects; I think the fact that the M2 music never got finished shows that getting your music here is a bad idea.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

It seems to me this would be more at home on the Artwork & Music forum.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Crater Creator wrote:It seems to me this would be more at home on the Artwork & Music forum.
Yeah, I was thinkin' that, but the description threw me off.
"Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here."
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

gmanyo wrote:Yeah, I was thinkin' that, but the description threw me off.
"Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here."
It's not yours, but your intent was to make it Marathon related, right? :)

It might help someone who's making a scenario, but it doesn't have much to do with the Mapping section.
"Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help."

Either way, I'll have to check this stuff out. Not that I'm making a scenario or anything. :P I might find something I like.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

unimportant thread location semantics are the best kind of semantics.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Furray
Born on Board

Dis wrote:unimportant thread location semantics are the best kind of semantics.
Indeed.
The guy who is alotted a lot, and I mean"a lot,"of rockets to the face.